FDR: Warning about today's Republicans

poor jake...objective research is scary isn't it?

Liberty continues to show the weakheadedness of his side.

Part of my senior thesis was concerning the failure of progressives in the 30s...and I got 100% A+ on it and was offered $1500 in research money (not bad for undergrad) sooooooo...I think you should look past your embedded ideology. Objective research is worth doing...at least, to those who are not hacks. Also, this was done at a heavy liberal university, and looked at by the whole history department...I am not tooting my own horn I am simply saying it is better to find the truth than simply stay grounded in an ideology. Don't fear changes in your own beliefs the more you discover the truth...IF you try to find the truth, which right now, you don't.

Last edited:
FDR, wasn't he the president who issued a presidential order to incarcerate about 10,000 American Japanese without due process? Wasn't he the president who tried to stack the Supreme Court with 20 liberal justices?

It was over 100,000. Can you imagine Bush throwing 100,000 Muslims into camps after 9/11?

If you had any brains you would know that during FDR's time Republicans were to the left and Democrats were to the right. FDR began the process of changing that during his 4 terms.

The GOP fought FDR tooth and nail on his social welfare programs. The party has never been to the left on those issues.

And the only Democrats who were to the right on anything were the Dixiecrats and that was on racial matters.

A great many Dixiecrats defected to the GOP during the civil rights era. Which is why the party of Lincoln now has a distinct racist and homophobic taint.

And yet you can not explain why if the Southern Democrats were against Civil Rights and left the Dem party over it why they would go to a party that overwhelmingly SUPPORTED Civil Rights.

Or do I need to link again to the fact over 80 percent of Republican elected officials voted FOR Civil Rights and only 60 percent of Dems did?

Same old BS. You right wingers always leave out THIS:

By party and region

Note: "Southern", as used in this section, refers to members of Congress from the eleven states that made up the Confederate States of America in the American Civil War. "Northern" refers to members from the other 39 states, regardless of the geographic location of those states.

The original House version:

Southern Democrats: 7–87 (7%–93%)
Southern Republicans: 0–10 (0%–100%)

Northern Democrats: 145-9 (94%–6%)
Northern Republicans: 138-24 (85%–15%)

The Senate version:

Southern Democrats: 1–20 (5%–95%)
Southern Republicans: 0–1 (0%–100%)
Northern Democrats: 45-1 (98%–2%)
Northern Republicans: 27-5 (84%–16%)

I said Carter was a fucking anti-semite and I proved it. You were, and continue to be, nothing but a whiny bitch.

Forum List

Back