FDR: Warning about today's Republicans

FDR ruined the country by destroying capitalism and ushering in social corporatism and has the gull to lecture ME about the 21st century? Fuck. That.

To have voiced that in FDRs time, to the folks who he was helping to keep from starving, by the work programs would have gotten a mob whipping your ass.

FDR and what he set forth created the largest middle class in world history. Most see this as good. You don't so you might as well be a traitor to your own middle class.

Most of you middle class brats would not be there because your ancestors would have never climbed up from poverty by the FDR deeds that lived on. Ingrates is what you fuckers are, and you have not trouble biting the hand that has fed you. Only cons could ever be so blind.

We have FDRs legacy and we see the cons legacy. Only a fool would pick what the cons have done to this economy and the middle class. Now, excuse me while I go and puke.

You already did. That stupid fucking post was nothing but a steaming pile of vomit.

Democrats admire FDR like the Church admired being the center of the Solar System and are just as wrong

FDR was truly a criminal scumbag.
No, he wasn't.
What do you call someone who throws over 100,000 loyal Americans into concentration camps, allows the confiscation of their property, and abrogates their rights? Are you as immoral as you are idiotic? You are sure as hell no American.
You clearly don't know the entire story, where he was right and where he wasn't and where he had no political choice. You are indeed what you accuse others of being: a scumbag.

So to Jake, there actually exists reasons to imprison innocent people? I see tyranny has a fan.

Last edited:
So to Jake, there actually exists reasons to imprison innocent people? I see tyranny has a fan.

You are simple minded? Compare Lincoln, Wilson, and Roosevelt's "attack" on civil liberties, and see what you can come up with.

The GOP fought FDR tooth and nail on his social welfare programs. The party has never been to the left on those issues.

And the only Democrats who were to the right on anything were the Dixiecrats and that was on racial matters.

A great many Dixiecrats defected to the GOP during the civil rights era. Which is why the party of Lincoln now has a distinct racist and homophobic taint.

And yet you can not explain why if the Southern Democrats were against Civil Rights and left the Dem party over it why they would go to a party that overwhelmingly SUPPORTED Civil Rights.

Or do I need to link again to the fact over 80 percent of Republican elected officials voted FOR Civil Rights and only 60 percent of Dems did?

I know that more Republicans voted for the Civil Rights Act than Democrats. I have pointed that out many times to other people.

But the leadership of the civil rights movement at the time was coming from the left wing of the Democratic Party.

And it was LBJ who championed the Act. When he was asked privately to explain how he had been a Texas good old boy all his life and then suddenly became a champion of colored people, LBJ responded, "Free at last! Free at last! Thank God Almighty, I'm free at last!", using MLK's words to indicate as President he was finally in a position where the good old boys couldn't touch him and he could finally do what was in his heart.

This was considered a huge betrayal by the Dixiecrats.

That's not to say the Democratic Party is no longer burdened with racists. It most certainly is.
That's not true, more Dems in both the House and Senate voted for the Civil Rights Act of 1964 than the GOP. And 100% of Southern Republicans voted against the bill as opposed to 90+% of Southern Dems.

Forum List

Back