FDR- the Icon Hero of the Left

Typical leftist, supports sending people to Concentration Camps because of skin color.

Actually, there was universal agreement at the time it was a good idea. You had a west coast that was undefended in 1942, and they removed the people most likely to provide support.

The Supreme Court heard no less than three cases brought by internees, including Koromatsu vs. US.. In all three cases, they found the government had the authority to remove them from a war zone.
Universal agreement? Three SCOTUS cases about throwing Americans into concentration camps because of their race means thinking Americans who cared about equality and the Constitution were fighting it tooth and nail.

But you prove my point. You leftists have no issue with putting Americans in concentration camps simply because their skin color is different.
So thank you
Americans feared the Japanese

They were going to set up a secret cell where they provided the Japanese with vital intelligence on our defenses and engage in sabotage.

We needed to be safe
Many Americans are rightfully concerned about Muslims. You advocating throwing all Americans who have the Muslim faith in prison?

Or is your justification of throwing Americans in concentration camps without trial only based upon skin color?
I am claiming we are a different country than 1942

YOU are clearly still the same sort of racist democrat.

UK surely should learn some history of that period, perhaps beginning with, what country bombed Pearl Harbor in 1941?

It is all but certain that I have studied the period more and in greater depth than the likes of you ever will.
He lived through it you dope.
You are been arguing with at least two people who lived through the era.
Millions thought owning people was a good idea too.
Neither of those two has said internment was a good idea. They have expressed the rationale for how people felt during the period.
This is not a discussion of whether it was moral to lock up the Japanese. It wasn’t.
But this is a discussion of whether FDR acted contrary to the desires of 1942. FDR did just what most of his advisors and the political climate advocated two months after Pearl Harbor

UK surely should learn some history of that period, perhaps beginning with, what country bombed Pearl Harbor in 1941?

It is all but certain that I have studied the period more and in greater depth than the likes of you ever will.
Neither of those two has said internment was a good idea. They have expressed the rationale for how people felt during the period.
This is not a discussion of whether it was moral to lock up the Japanese. It wasn’t.
But this is a discussion of whether FDR acted contrary to the desires of 1942. FDR did just what most of his advisors and the political climate advocated two months after Pearl Harbor
Did Lee act contrary to the desires of his home state in 1862?

FDR is not just an icon hero to liberals....

He is an icon to the world
What was his icon moment? Keeping blacks from using guns in the military and using them as cooks or drivers? Imprisoning Asians without trial? Sending Jews back to Hitlerto be executed? Or is it all of the above?

We are looking at 1940s America
FDR did not invent racism and it lingered for decades after his death. FDR had to deal with the society at hand, it was a racist, bigoted society

Still is in many ways

Bullshit apologist excuse-making.

Universal agreement? Three SCOTUS cases about throwing Americans into concentration camps because of their race means thinking Americans who cared about equality and the Constitution were fighting it tooth and nail.

But you prove my point. You leftists have no issue with putting Americans in concentration camps simply because their skin color is different.
So thank you

They were going to set up a secret cell where they provided the Japanese with vital intelligence on our defenses and engage in sabotage.

We needed to be safe
Many Americans are rightfully concerned about Muslims. You advocating throwing all Americans who have the Muslim faith in prison?

Or is your justification of throwing Americans in concentration camps without trial only based upon skin color?
And no, the left is the same.

I have a lovely collection of posts in this thread of you lefties saying putting Americans in prison without trial simply because of race was a good thing.
From a 2018 perspective it was a horrible thing to do. So was Jim Crow and other discrimination

From a 1942, Post PearlHarbor perspective, interning Japanese was an expected reactionto an attack on America

Bullshit.

Did Lee act contrary to the desires of his home state in 1862?
Traitor

As what? 5 year old children?

Concentration camps.
Unkortare has no idea of why the fear-history of that period, but uses his ignorance to make that period into a racial gambit. The Japanese-Americans seem to understand why the camps existed and hold little grudge.

That’s the most ignorant post on the topic so far.
You have no clue as to the damage you do to Japanese Americans by disparaging Americans of the WWII era. Most Japanese Americans seem to have understood the situation, accepted the government's apology and moved on as American citizens. You, on the other hand, seem to have a need for some kind of vengeance and to vent your hatred of America. One way or the other, you want America to be seen as the bad guys in WWII. You do it with this topic and with the bombings that brought an end to the war.
You should just randomly poke Americans in the eye with your finger every chance you get.

Now I know you’ve completely given up, because you have been reduced to blatant , shameless dishonesty in misrepresenting me utterly. You’re a disgrace.
Nothing is dishonest about my opinion of what you have been doing.

You didn’t offer an opinion, you lying son of a bitch. You blatantly misrepresented me by attributing views, beliefs, and actions to me that are COMPLETELY FALSE. If you intend to conduct yourself in this manner, take it to the FZ where you can get the responses you really deserve. :fu:

Means nothing of the sort. Simply means some stood up for the Japanese being put into internment camps. ....

Concentration camps.
Unkortare has no idea of why the fear-history of that period, but uses his ignorance to make that period into a racial gambit. The Japanese-Americans seem to understand why the camps existed and hold little grudge.

That’s the most ignorant post on the topic so far.
You have no clue as to the damage you do to Japanese Americans by disparaging Americans of the WWII era. Most Japanese Americans seem to have understood the situation, accepted the government's apology and moved on as American citizens. You, on the other hand, seem to have a need for some kind of vengeance and to vent your hatred of America. One way or the other, you want America to be seen as the bad guys in WWII. You do it with this topic and with the bombings that brought an end to the war.
You should just randomly poke Americans in the eye with your finger every chance you get.
Wow, justifying prison without trial based upon race. This thread shows what the left love still today.

got to love campy trolls logic.almost as hysterical,right up there with wrongwinger and regents.LOL

Typical leftist, supports sending people to Concentration Camps because of skin color.

Actually, there was universal agreement at the time it was a good idea. You had a west coast that was undefended in 1942, and they removed the people most likely to provide support.

The Supreme Court heard no less than three cases brought by internees, including Koromatsu vs. US.. In all three cases, they found the government had the authority to remove them from a war zone.

So thank you

We needed to be safe

of course they do,what else logic would you expect from these two paid shills of the government?:haha:

What was his icon moment? Keeping blacks from using guns in the military and using them as cooks or drivers? Imprisoning Asians without trial? Sending Jews back to Hitlerto be executed? Or is it all of the above?

yep,that WOULD be wrongwingers thinking allright.remember,this troll seriously also believes in magic bullets that stop in mid air and then do incredible 180 degree turns.i am not kidding.he seriously does. so does campy:abgg2q.jpg:comedy gold as always from this comic.:abgg2q.jpg:

when campy told me he believed in the fairy tales of the warren report as his bed buddie wrongwinger does,he pretty much proved he is every bit as much as wrongwinger as the BIGGEST troll here at USMB.:haha::iyfyus.jpg:

Last edited:

We needed to be safe

And no, the left is the same.

I have a lovely collection of posts in this thread of you lefties saying putting Americans in prison without trial simply because of race was a good thing.
From a 2018 perspective it was a horrible thing to do. So was Jim Crow and other discrimination

From a 1942, Post PearlHarbor perspective, interning Japanese was an expected reactionto an attack on America
Yet Jefferson statues must be torn down because he owned slaves.

So either you’re a liar or hypocrite.
Which one?

havent you noticed he is same as wrongwinger,that it is IMPOSSIBLE for him to open his mouth without lying?:abgg2q.jpg: thats WHY i stoped bothering with him SEVERAL pages back.he wont take my EXCELLENT advise that i have repeated too many times to remember on this thread just to watch him ignore it,to stick to the topic of Reagan,something he actually DOES know the facts about and has credibility on when talking about HIS corruption.:abgg2q.jpg:

IF he DID take my great advise and stick to THAT topic ALL THE TIME,and expose his corruption as we have with FDR here,he would prove he knows a lot about american history,but he shoots down his credibility everyday here with his lies on Reagan.:abgg2q.jpg:

Obviously he had a relative related to FDR,that would explain his desperation on here and dodgeball tactice of evasion of pesky facts and lies here everyday.:biggrin:

Last edited:

The man who extended the Great Depression by at least seven years.
Nonsense

FDR rightfully looked at the role of Government to ease the suffering of the depression

As he said, people don’t eat in the long term

Programs were focused on helping get money to the starving rather than the banks

As what? 5 year old children?
There are still 500.000 WWII veterans alive today. A 17-year-old at the time of Pearl Harbor would be in their mid-80's. Seventeen was a common age for boys to join the military in those days.

Nonsense

FDR rightfully looked at the role of Government to ease the suffering of the depression

Programs were focused on helping get money to the starving rather than the banks
He got money to the banks, but he steered them towards financing public works and New Deal projects instead of industry. He did this by guaranteeing loans to the states for rhe public works and New Deal projects selected by the individual states. States would select the projects and borrow from banks with the Fed's guaranteeing the loans. Eventually, all the banks were paid back in full. People had jobs and infrastructure construction skyrocketed. Banks stopped closing down and became profitable.

Nonsense

He got money to the banks, but he steered them towards financing public works and New Deal projects instead of industry. He did this by guaranteeing loans to the states for rhe public works and New Deal projects selected by the individual states. States would select the projects and borrow from banks with the Fed's guaranteeing the loans. Eventually, all the banks were paid back in full. People had jobs and infrastructure construction skyrocketed. Banks stopped closing down and became profitable.
FDR was concerned about THE PEOPLE

Getting public works jobs, CCC....getting people back to work

Last edited:
FDR believed people should work and he created a few programs to hire people including teenagers that were on the road in some numbers. One group was the WPA. The WPA built the following during the Great Depression
1000 miles of new and rebuilt runways
651,000 miles of highways
124000 bridges
8000 parks
69000 highway lights
125,000 public buildings built or rebuilt and an additional 41,300 schools.
It developed the TVA bringing electricity to the valley.
Another group was PWA and they built
Grand Coulee Dam
rebuilt or replaced 536 school buildings
built the Triborough Bridge
built the LaGuardia Airport
and on and on.

In addition the CCC's were planting trees and taking care of our forests. There is much more such as Federal Deposit, Social Security but this is enough.

Once again for the edification of my Progressive good friends who wish to push the FDR myth. He may have been a good war president, but he was hopeless with economics.

From that bastion of Conservatism, UCLA

FDR's policies prolonged Depression by 7 years, UCLA economists calculate
By Meg Sullivan August 10, 2004

Two UCLA economists say they have figured out why the Great Depression dragged on for almost 15 years, and they blame a suspect previously thought to be beyond reproach: President Franklin D. Roosevelt.

After scrutinizing Roosevelt's record for four years, Harold L. Cole and Lee E. Ohanian conclude in a new study that New Deal policies signed into law 71 years ago thwarted economic recovery for seven long years.

"Why the Great Depression lasted so long has always been a great mystery, and because we never really knew the reason, we have always worried whether we would have another 10- to 15-year economic slump," said Ohanian, vice chair of UCLA's Department of Economics. "We found that a relapse isn't likely unless lawmakers gum up a recovery with ill-conceived stimulus policies."

Pay particular attention to that last line, written FOURTEEN YEARS years ago.

FDR's policies prolonged Depression by 7 years, UCLA economists calculate

As you know, failed former President Barack Hussein Obama shoved a trillion dollar stimulus up our...throats and rather than a short recovery, we had to suffer EIGHT YEARS of malaise.

Forum List

Back