FDR- the Icon Hero of the Left

He lived through it you dope.
You are been arguing with at least two people who lived through the era.
Millions thought owning people was a good idea too.
Neither of those two has said internment was a good idea. They have expressed the rationale for how people felt during the period.
This is not a discussion of whether it was moral to lock up the Japanese. It wasn’t.
But this is a discussion of whether FDR acted contrary to the desires of 1942. FDR did just what most of his advisors and the political climate advocated two months after Pearl Harbor
Did Lee act contrary to the desires of his home state in 1862?
Traitor
Nailed you to the wall with your bull justifications.
Your hypocrisy is noted.

FDR believed people should work and he created a few programs to hire people including teenagers that were on the road in some numbers. One group was the WPA. The WPA built the following during the Great Depression
1000 miles of new and rebuilt runways
651,000 miles of highways
124000 bridges
8000 parks
69000 highway lights
125,000 public buildings built or rebuilt and an additional 41,300 schools.
It developed the TVA bringing electricity to the valley.
Another group was PWA and they built
Grand Coulee Dam
rebuilt or replaced 536 school buildings
built the Triborough Bridge
built the LaGuardia Airport
and on and on.

In addition the CCC's were planting trees and taking care of our forests. There is much more such as Federal Deposit, Social Security but this is enough.
How many died building those things?
We don't know, FDR never cared for them enough to take a count.

Once again for the edification of my Progressive good friends who wish to push the FDR myth. He may have been a good war president, but he was hopeless with economics.

From that bastion of Conservatism, UCLA

FDR's policies prolonged Depression by 7 years, UCLA economists calculate
By Meg Sullivan August 10, 2004

Two UCLA economists say they have figured out why the Great Depression dragged on for almost 15 years, and they blame a suspect previously thought to be beyond reproach: President Franklin D. Roosevelt.

After scrutinizing Roosevelt's record for four years, Harold L. Cole and Lee E. Ohanian conclude in a new study that New Deal policies signed into law 71 years ago thwarted economic recovery for seven long years.

"Why the Great Depression lasted so long has always been a great mystery, and because we never really knew the reason, we have always worried whether we would have another 10- to 15-year economic slump," said Ohanian, vice chair of UCLA's Department of Economics. "We found that a relapse isn't likely unless lawmakers gum up a recovery with ill-conceived stimulus policies."

Pay particular attention to that last line, written FOURTEEN YEARS years ago.

As you know, failed former President Barack Hussein Obama shoved a trillion dollar stimulus up our...throats and rather than a short recovery, we had to suffer EIGHT YEARS of malaise.
Seven years?

The depression was over in 1939. Seven years would have put the hypothetical end of the Depresion in 1932........BEFORE FDR took office in 1933

FDR is not just an icon hero to liberals....

He is an icon to the world

The man who extended the Great Depression by at least seven years.
Nonsense

FDR rightfully looked at the role of Government to ease the suffering of the depression

As he said, people don’t eat in the long term

Programs were focused on helping get money to the starving rather than the banks
He got money to the banks, but he steered them towards financing public works and New Deal projects instead of industry. He did this by guaranteeing loans to the states for rhe public works and New Deal projects selected by the individual states. States would select the projects and borrow from banks with the Fed's guaranteeing the loans. Eventually, all the banks were paid back in full. People had jobs and infrastructure construction skyrocketed. Banks stopped closing down and became profitable.
FDR was concerned about THE PEOPLE ...

Only certain people...

Think of all the jobs that scumbag created building his fucking concentration camps.

Universal agreement? Three SCOTUS cases about throwing Americans into concentration camps because of their race means thinking Americans who cared about equality and the Constitution were fighting it tooth and nail.

Um, no.... The fact was, no one other than the internees were complaining about it.

the thing was, 110,000 people were removed from a military district because there were concerns about what they might do if an invasion happened. That's about the equivalent to a medium sized suburb.

Again- everywhere the Axis invaded, they found "Quislings" willing to help them. Did it really make sense to leave 110,000 quislings in place?

Millions thought owning people was a good idea too.
Neither of those two has said internment was a good idea. They have expressed the rationale for how people felt during the period.
This is not a discussion of whether it was moral to lock up the Japanese. It wasn’t.
But this is a discussion of whether FDR acted contrary to the desires of 1942. FDR did just what most of his advisors and the political climate advocated two months after Pearl Harbor
Did Lee act contrary to the desires of his home state in 1862?
Traitor
Nailed you to the wall with your bull justifications.
Your hypocrisy is noted.

which is simple as pie to do everyday since he is the biggest hypocrite troll to ever grace these boards.:2up:

Once again for the edification of my Progressive good friends who wish to push the FDR myth. He may have been a good war president, but he was hopeless with economics.

Two UCLA economists say they have figured out why the Great Depression dragged on for almost 15 years, and they blame a suspect previously thought to be beyond reproach: President Franklin D. Roosevelt.

After scrutinizing Roosevelt's record for four years, Harold L. Cole and Lee E. Ohanian conclude in a new study that New Deal policies signed into law 71 years ago thwarted economic recovery for seven long years.

"Why the Great Depression lasted so long has always been a great mystery, and because we never really knew the reason, we have always worried whether we would have another 10- to 15-year economic slump," said Ohanian, vice chair of UCLA's Department of Economics. "We found that a relapse isn't likely unless lawmakers gum up a recovery with ill-conceived stimulus policies."

As you know, failed former President Barack Hussein Obama shoved a trillion dollar stimulus up our...throats and rather than a short recovery, we had to suffer EIGHT YEARS of malaise.
:yes_text12::udaman::thankusmile:

Paid shills campy,wrongwinger,and the FDR apologists like mary ann,regent and moonglow ALL got their sorry asssed OWNED by you and this is all they can do in defeat.:206::206::206:

:abgg2q.jpg:

Means nothing of the sort. Simply means some stood up for the Japanese being put into internment camps. ....

Concentration camps.
Unkortare has no idea of why the fear-history of that period, but uses his ignorance to make that period into a racial gambit. The Japanese-Americans seem to understand why the camps existed and hold little grudge.

That’s the most ignorant post on the topic so far.
You have no clue as to the damage you do to Japanese Americans by disparaging Americans of the WWII era. Most Japanese Americans seem to have understood the situation, accepted the government's apology and moved on as American citizens. You, on the other hand, seem to have a need for some kind of vengeance and to vent your hatred of America. One way or the other, you want America to be seen as the bad guys in WWII. You do it with this topic and with the bombings that brought an end to the war.
You should just randomly poke Americans in the eye with your finger every chance you get.
Wow, justifying prison without trial based upon race. This thread shows what the left love still today.

yep he is REALLY getting desperate now after suffering all these ass beatings from us.his boss sure pays him alot to come back and suffer all these beatings from us.:abgg2q.jpg:

You are giving him wayyy too much credit even at that saying he may have been a good war president.Unlike traiters Eisenhower and FDR these stupid fuck shills Wrongwinger and campy ass worship,patriot Patton saw what really needed to be done to end the war but was not allowed to by those two disgusting filth motherfucker traiters to america.

george-patton-226x300.jpg

I could have taken it (Berlin) had I been allowed.”

Letter from General George Patton to his wife on July 21, 1945.

Seven years?

The depression was over in 1939. Seven years would have put the hypothetical end of the Depresion in 1932........BEFORE FDR took office in 1933

I take it that English is a second or third language for you and therefore I forgive your apparent ignorance.

The paper and I said he PROLONGED the Great Depression by seven years. Please go back and actually read the source.

I the event you are incapable, I will provide you with some much-needed help.

prolong

[pruh-lawng, -long]

See more synonyms on Thesaurus.com
verb (used with object)

1. to lengthen out in time; extend the duration of; cause to continue longer:
to prolong one's stay abroad.

2. to make longer in spatial extent:
to prolong a line.

Seven years?

I take it that English is a second or third language for you and therefore I forgive your apparent ignorance.

The paper and I said he PROLONGED the Great Depression by seven years. Please go back and actually read the source.

prolong

[pruh-lawng, -long]

verb (used with object)

to prolong a line.
Wow.......prolong
To make it longer by seven years

Meaning you claim it SHOULD have ended in 1932 instead of 1939
FDR took office in March 1933

Seven years?

prolong

[pruh-lawng, -long]

verb (used with object)

to prolong a line.

No its not his second language,he just smokes crack everyday which is why it appears that way that english is a second language to him.:abgg2q.jpg:

Seven years?

prolong

[pruh-lawng, -long]

verb (used with object)

to prolong a line.

No its not his second language,he just smokes crack everyday which is why it appears that way that english is a second language to him.:abgg2q.jpg:
I guess Hoover used the Republican approved method of fighting depressions, Could you tell us a little about the Republican method of curing depressions and did Hoover use it when he took office?

Seven years?

prolong

[pruh-lawng, -long]

verb (used with object)

to prolong a line.

I guess Hoover used the Republican approved method of fighting depressions, Could you tell us a little about the Republican method of curing depressions and did Hoover use it when he took office?
Herbert Hoover, The Challenge to Liberty, 1934

We cannot extend the mastery of government over the daily life of a people without somewhere making it master of people's soul and thoughts. That is going on today. It is part of all regimentation.

Even if the government conduct of business could give us the maximum of efficiency instead of least efficiency, it would be purchased at the cost of freedom. It would increase rather than decrease abuse and corruption, stifle initiative and invention, undermine the development of leadership, cripple the mental and spiritual energies of our people, extinguish equality of opportunity, and dry up the spirit of liberty and the forces which make progress.

It is a false Liberalism that interprets itself into government dictation, or operation of commerce, industry and agriculture. Every move in that direction poisons the very springs of true Liberalism. It poisons political equality, free thought, free press, and equality of opportunity. It is the road not to liberty but to less liberty. True Liberalism is found not in striving to spread bureaucracy, but in striving to set bounds to it. Liberalism is a force proceeding from the deep realization that economic freedom cannot be sacrificed if political freedom is to be preserved. True Liberalism seeks all legitimate freedom first in the confident belief that without such freedom the pursuit of other blessings is in vain.

Hoover was right.........he saw what was coming.....but in times of great crisis those like FDR come along and take advantage of it.................Turned the Gov't into handing out money for anything it deemed necessary........Which took a leak on the 10th Amendment..............and the Fundamentals of the Constitution itself..............

Hoover was a smart man..............tried to implement programs to create jobs BUT NOT AT THE EXPENSE of the Gov't having too much power..............He also recognized that the depression was caused by SPECULATION IN THE MARKETS...............He was absolutely right again..........

His voice of SANITY...............was silenced in a Nation in Crisis............Which is what liberals do..........

So how did the UCLA professors rate Republican Hoover's attempt to end the depression? How many Great Depressions have we had since FDR's New Deal?
And the minor turndowns we have had, do we use FDR's or Hoover's programs to stop the problem?

So how did the UCLA professors rate Republican Hoover's attempt to end the depression? How many Great Depressions have we had since FDR's New Deal?
And the minor turndowns we have had, do we use FDR's or Hoover's programs to stop the problem?
Hoover had similar programs but refused to expand gov't to do them.............Many historians say WWII ended it.........Not FDR............just has many have stated FDR prolonged it..............

The mass spending of the War...........ended it...........and the boom after was a result of the world being destroyed by War and we had the industrial machine to supply the rebuilding...........

Bottom line...........FDR moved us away from the Constitution...........and was the beginning of the giant Gov't and corruption we have today..............The 10th limited the Gov't functions..........FDR led us down the path to do and fund whatever they please on the taxpayers dollars...............

We were warned by the Founding Fathers not to do this............We didn't listen........FDR would NEVER have passed this stuff without the Depression......but in that moment of time...........the desperation went down that path.

I'd call FDR and Liberal opportunist

Forum List

Back