FDR- the Icon Hero of the Left

Do you have any idea how your silly name calling sounds when it is clear you do not know your History. Did you miss that class?
Trust me,I know.

We had gas stamps for my Mother to get to work, no tires, period. Sugar was rationed, plus many other commodities. Those that had cars,treated them like gold.

After the war, my Dad had a new car every year!:) after they began making them again.:)

I’m a history teacher. How about you, big mouth?
Too funny

What is? Your ridiculous butchering of logic?
Do you teach the atrocities committed by the empire of Japan?
The rape of Nanking, torture and starvation of prisoners, Korean women forced into btothels.........or just that FDR was mean

I teach what happened in WWII (and every other topic covered), of course. What the heck were you expecting?

History is raft with revisonists

Usually the winner gets to write it, but in our case it's through then lens of misplaced guilt for times that were not only tough , we were literally under threat of disappearing off this rock as a country

Most can't get their heads around this, maybe you can?

Dad always told me the 'real hero's didn't come back' , always downplayed his part , my brother finally goaded him into a local documentary for posterity

i would encourage you towards listening Mr Unkotare

because the entire reason you're not goosestepping to class is due to them

~S~

I’m a history teacher. How about you, big mouth?
Too funny

What is? Your ridiculous butchering of logic?
Do you teach the atrocities committed by the empire of Japan?
The rape of Nanking, torture and starvation of prisoners, Korean women forced into btothels.........or just that FDR was mean

I teach what happened in WWII (and every other topic covered), of course. What the heck were you expecting?

History is raft with revisonists

Usually the winner gets to write it, but in our case it's through then lens of misplaced guilt for times that were not only tough , we were literally under threat of disappearing off this rock as a country

Most can't get their heads around this, maybe you can?

Dad always told me the 'real hero's didn't come back' , always downplayed his part , my brother finally goaded him into a local documentary for posterity

i would encourage you towards listening Mr Unkotare

because the entire reason you're not goosestepping to class is due to them

~S~

Don’t be ridiculous (in many ways).

The country will be in great need of an FDR or Obama by the time Trump is booted out on his fat ass.

Why would you want another Great Depression recovery extended or seven years? Oh, yeah right, Failed former President Barack Hussein Obama ran out the recovery from the 2007 recession for eight years of malaise!

Yup, we all remember FDR's slaves working on the WH's plantation.

Jake,

The Japanese Americans were put into prison camps for being Japanese...

Now Jake if Trump did this to Muslim Americans you would scream like crazy about how Trump is evil but FDR is a hero to you.

Also during Roosevelt tenure as President he sent Jewish people fleeing death camps back to Europe and yet you scream about how Trump is a damn Nazi for deporting illegals...

So if FDR is a great hero of America then you have very low standards because the reality is FDR was a racist bigot from upstate New York from a very rich family, but hey Trump is a Nazi and FDR is a hero to those like you...
That was 1942 America

We were racist

Hate to tell you but we still are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Progs are in a dilemma over FDR. He was one of the Founding Prog fathers who preached "positive rights". In other words, he promoted exponentially expanding and power hungry government but was a racist and locked up innocent Japanese Americans. He also tried to change the Constitution to put stooge judges on the Supreme Court so that they would rule in his favor.

Shrug, they just embrace him anyway..

Disgusting.

This is just more of the usual right wing propaganda slung around every possible situation to see what sticks and provokes other reactionaries to pile on. The whole Roosevelt revisionist debate is calculated to further divide by smearing a liberal icon for actions taken out of context and time. The actions he took soon after the attack on Pearl Harbor were taken at a time when the country was most vulnerable and our very existence was in jeopardy. He interred over 100,000 citizens of Japanese ancestry for reasons too numerous to adequately discuss in this forum now. Needless to say that he weighed the pros and cons of his actions and believed that they were the most expedient and effective way to remove any possibility of cooperation or collaboration with this population. During the war, the right to habeus corpus was suspended, giving the government extraordinary power in suspending the rights of citizens temporarily. Roosevelt didn’t survive the conflict so he didn’t face the consequences for many of his actions. The Government however, recognized the gravity of this mistake after the war by issuing
an apology in writing and assuming financial responsibility for those affected. Mistakes made during the hysteria and fog of war are common, and this detention of Japanese American citizens, unconscionable. The government’s attempt to redress this great insult stands in sharp contrast to the avoidance of any responsibility for the long festering wounds of racism and slavery.

... for reasons too numerous to adequately discuss in this forum now. ....

The reasons for the scumbag's concentration camps are of a number very easy to discuss here and now. They include primarily racism, scapegoating, and greed.

America has always been racist.

The GOP, if in power in 1942, would interned the Japanese.

America has always been racist.

The GOP, if in power in 1942, would interned the Japanese.
Hence the revisionist history

Regardless of who won the 1940 election, The Japanese would have been interred .......that was 1942 post Pearl Harbor hysteria

... The whole Roosevelt revisionist debate....

No debate or revision involved. It simply is what it is.

Revisionist because they were distorting his record in other ways, not the internment. Facts are facts but they also can’t be divorced from their time and circumstance. This wasn’t a polemic exercise, it was tooth and nail, the nation’s very existence. Lots of mistakes were made. The real test should be: how many were owned up to?, how many were rectified?. Nowadays people just make up the facts that they like, or ignore factual reality and just pretend that our history never happened. The reason Germans and Italians weren’t rounded up probably was because they were white, they were too numerous, and because they had been assimilated and were culturally invisible in the population.

.... the long festering wounds of racism and slavery....

Another crime brought to you by the democrat party.

Really?!, “Scumbag”, well then what were Hirohito?, Tojo?, Hitler?, Mussolini?. What endearments do you have for them? I’ll bet they’re all your heroes, aren’t they? How about Assad?, BinLauden?, Hussein?, you love them too, don’t you?

... The whole Roosevelt revisionist debate....

No debate or revision involved. It simply is what it is.

Revisionist because they were distorting his record in other ways, not the internment. Facts are facts but they also can’t be divorced from their time and circumstance. This wasn’t a polemic exercise, it was tooth and nail, the nation’s very existence. Lots of mistakes were made. The real test should be: how many were owned up to?, how many were rectified?. Nowadays people just make up the facts that they like, or ignore factual reality and just pretend that our history never happened. The reason Germans and Italians weren’t rounded up probably was because they were white, they were too numerous, and because they had been assimilated and were culturally invisible in the population.

Germans and Italians were too large in number and had political connections. They were also white

My Grandmother was a German citizen and had immigrated in the 20s. The FBI interviewed her and asked some neighbors. She was left alone

Germans who belonged to the Bundt, were politically active and made anti American statements were locked up

The mindset of the time set the framework for what happened. As we look back in history we do it from a different perspective, and fail to account for the perspective of the time these decisions were made.

Simple example is the Tuskegee Airmen. Who had to fight tooth and nail to get to fight in the War. During that time they were considered a joke and not worthy of the time and money to train them. Yet once the got into the fight they were one of the best combat fighter groups in Europe.

Given that......we were going to War with Japan...under that mindset the fear of the day was that the Japanese Americans here would possibly cause us problems here and they were locked up. Since they had dark skin it was acceptable to the mindset of the day. Whether we like it or not.

Nearly 30 million died in that War........and the people fighting it didn't give a rip if you were offended by their actions, when they were going off to possibly die in this war.

We look back today..............and go that was plain WRONG.......just like we look back and go Look what we did to the Indians........that was plain wrong......but again under Manifest Destiny and mind set of that time they didn't have a problem with it. It's just what it was and how it went down.

.... Facts are facts...

And the fact is that throwing innocent Americans into concentration camps is an atrocity that overshadows anything the scumbag fdr did that some might want to perceive as positive.
There were a lot of racist attrocities in the 1940s
Racism existed before FDR and it was around after FDR
Welcome to the club

Forum List

Back