FBI Director Wray Calls White House Bluff On Rob Porter

FBI Chief Disputes White House Claims On When It Heard Of Rob Porter Allegations

Christopher Wray said the FBI turned in a partial report about the domestic abuse accusations nearly a year ago.

WASHINGTON ― The White House’s attempts to explain why it allowed a top aide accused of domestic violence by both of his ex-wives to keep his job took another hit on Tuesday, this time from FBI Director Christopher Wray.

President Donald Trump’s other top aides have been claiming that they did not know about the domestic violence allegations against former staff secretary Rob Porter until recently and that they did not appreciate the full extent of the accusations until photographs of one woman’s injuries were published by news outlets.

But Wray, who was named to that job by Trump, told the Senate Intelligence Committee that the FBI had given the White House a preliminary report on Porter nearly a year ago.

“I can’t get into the content of what was briefed,” he said in response to a question from Sen. Ron Wyden (D-Ore.). “What I can tell you is that the FBI submitted a partial report on the investigation in question in March and then a completed background investigation in late July.”

Wray added that the FBI “soon thereafter” received a request for a follow-up from the White House, which it completed and returned in November.

The FBI closed out its investigation in January, but then received “additional information” in early February, which it passed along as well, Wray said.

White House officials did not respond to multiple requests for comment about Wray’s testimony, which contradicts timelines offered by the White House press office over the past week.

More: FBI Chief Disputes White House Claims On When It Heard Of Rob Porter Allegations

Thank you, Director Wray. I applaud your honesty. We already knew the White House was lying about Porter - and you have officially confirmed it.

Well Squanto, if we switch parties, you switch sides on this. You didn't give a shit about corruption in the Obama administration

You voted for a woman who attacked sexual assault victims of her husband, then called herself a feminist. Your integrity on this is as genuine as your fake Indian blood, Pretendian
Hillary! Hillary! Hillary!
xizfi.jpg

Do you teach your kids that if someone else does something, it's okay for them do to it too even though it's wrong? Because that is your only defense of Trump.

It's just another perfect example of how this administration lies to wriggle out of trouble. And how they have no concern about "security" until they get caught. I.e., Flynn and Porter.
The Trump Admin plays it fast and loose.
To THINK that all you folks were screaming about how badly Hillary endangered national security with her email server, when nothing was ever taken from it, but yet it is okay to have over three dozen staff in the White House without full security clearances.
And before you start your bullshit, no, there is no difference.

Comforting to know that Little Jared has had total access to our nation's most sensitive information for over a year now and no clearance. Why? They CAN'T clear him because he lied multiple times on his applications, met with umpteen Russians and has WAY too many foreign financial entanglements.

IOW - he's blackmail bait of the highest order.

I don't see how Kelly could not know

I agree! We could all appreciate FBI Director Wray's honesty. I sure do.

I like the truth, I'm with you on that Squanto. Of course your indignation is totally feigned here. You wouldn't give a shit if we were talking Obama

Well, we should all be against abuse of women - including Trump.

I agree if the abuse is proven.
Allegations can be sour grapes, especially with today's women.

Squanto can't be taken that seriously. He voted for a woman who attacked sexual assault victims and claims to be a "feminist." Then again he voted for the guy who committed those sexual assaults ... twice ...
Calling posters insulting names negates every point you are trying to make. Don't you realize that?

FBI Chief Disputes White House Claims On When It Heard Of Rob Porter Allegations

Christopher Wray said the FBI turned in a partial report about the domestic abuse accusations nearly a year ago.

WASHINGTON ― The White House’s attempts to explain why it allowed a top aide accused of domestic violence by both of his ex-wives to keep his job took another hit on Tuesday, this time from FBI Director Christopher Wray.

President Donald Trump’s other top aides have been claiming that they did not know about the domestic violence allegations against former staff secretary Rob Porter until recently and that they did not appreciate the full extent of the accusations until photographs of one woman’s injuries were published by news outlets.

But Wray, who was named to that job by Trump, told the Senate Intelligence Committee that the FBI had given the White House a preliminary report on Porter nearly a year ago.

“I can’t get into the content of what was briefed,” he said in response to a question from Sen. Ron Wyden (D-Ore.). “What I can tell you is that the FBI submitted a partial report on the investigation in question in March and then a completed background investigation in late July.”

Wray added that the FBI “soon thereafter” received a request for a follow-up from the White House, which it completed and returned in November.

The FBI closed out its investigation in January, but then received “additional information” in early February, which it passed along as well, Wray said.

White House officials did not respond to multiple requests for comment about Wray’s testimony, which contradicts timelines offered by the White House press office over the past week.

More: FBI Chief Disputes White House Claims On When It Heard Of Rob Porter Allegations

Thank you, Director Wray. I applaud your honesty. We already knew the White House was lying about Porter - and you have officially confirmed it.

Well Squanto, if we switch parties, you switch sides on this. You didn't give a shit about corruption in the Obama administration

Obama! Obama! Obama!
xizfi.jpg

Go ahead and whine, Chickie. It's Trump, Trump, Trump!

You might want to invest in a mirror, it could change your life

You voted for a woman who attacked sexual assault victims of her husband, then called herself a feminist. Your integrity on this is as genuine as your fake Indian blood, Pretendian
xizfi.jpg

Do you teach your kids that if someone else does something, it's okay for them do to it too even though it's wrong? Because that is your only defense of Trump.

What the f are you talking about? That's what I pointed out about you, dumb ass. So you answer your question. Is that what you do?

Pointing out your double standard is not defending Trump, you're so shallow and vacuous

Obama! Obama! Obama!
xizfi.jpg

you are missing the point...not surprising

xizfi.jpg

What the f are you talking about? That's what I pointed out about you, dumb ass. So you answer your question. Is that what you do?

Pointing out your double standard is not defending Trump, you're so shallow and vacuous
LMAO Wow. You have mental issues. Is that plate in your head giving you a bad headache today?

I agree! We could all appreciate FBI Director Wray's honesty. I sure do.

I like the truth, I'm with you on that Squanto. Of course your indignation is totally feigned here. You wouldn't give a shit if we were talking Obama

Squanto can't be taken that seriously. He voted for a woman who attacked sexual assault victims and claims to be a "feminist." Then again he voted for the guy who committed those sexual assaults ... twice ...
Calling posters insulting names negates every point you are trying to make. Don't you realize that?

Yes, I do realize that. That's why I don't call anyone names who's not demonstrated they are completely incapable of an intellectually honest discussion, twit.

{See what I did there?}

xizfi.jpg

LMAO Wow. You have mental issues. Is that plate in your head giving you a bad headache today?

You voted for a woman who attacked women sexually assaulted by their victims and you say I have mental issues?

And you jumped in this conversation on my pointing out leftist double standards by asking me what I said to you as if I'd said it about myself.

I'm not a Trump supporter, didn't vote for him, and I'm not a Republican. I wasn't justifying jack shit. I will not stop pointing out to you flagrantly hypocritical liberals what lying hypocrites you are.

You're thick as a brick.

You didn't answer the question. "Do you teach your kids that if someone else does something, it's okay for them do to it too even though it's wrong?"

That's what you're arguing right now, you're just too stupid to grasp what you are saying.

Yes, I do realize that. That's why I don't call anyone names who's not demonstrated they are completely incapable of an intellectually honest discussion, twit.

{See what I did there?}
You are not worth the trouble. Just an angry, over politicized, mentally confused, sorry excuse for a human. Ignore.

xizfi.jpg

TRUMP!! TRUMP!! TRUMP!!

xizfi.jpg

You voted for a woman who attacked women sexually assaulted by their victims and you say I have mental issues?

And you jumped in this conversation on my pointing out leftist double standards by asking me what I said to you as if I'd said it about myself.

I'm not a Trump supporter, didn't vote for him, and I'm not a Republican. I wasn't justifying jack shit. I will not stop pointing out to you flagrantly hypocritical liberals what lying hypocrites you are.

You're thick as a brick.

You didn't answer the question. "Do you teach your kids that if someone else does something, it's okay for them do to it too even though it's wrong?"

That's what you're arguing right now, you're just too stupid to grasp what you are saying.
You don't know who I voted for. Every post you make neglects decency and logic.

Obama! Obama! Obama!
xizfi.jpg

you are missing the point...not surprising

OMG that's funny. You still don't gasp that I was calling out leftist double standards. You've completely whiffed on the discussion. You're an intellectual eight year old.

Esmeralda: No you are, no you are, no you are ...

[media]

{See what I did there?}
You are not worth the trouble. Just an angry, over politicized, mentally confused, sorry excuse for a human. Ignore.

If you ever grasp the conversation and want to contribute, let me know, airhead

xizfi.jpg

You're thick as a brick.

You don't know who I voted for. Every post you make neglects decency and logic.

You came into a conversation where I pointed out leftist double standards and decided that I advocate double standards. I hope you have big boobs, you're sure not going to earn a living on your brains, it's going to have to be on your back

That's not what Director Ray testified to, while under oath, before a congressional committee yesterday... I saw it live, I heard what he said...

Regardless, imo this story was just put out there to distract from something else that is even more scandalous in which the administration wants to distract from....Trump is really, really good at that kind of stuff...causing chaos and madness, while the unseen left hand is covering something (more detrimental) up, or stealing you blind....again, imo. :rolleyes:

He knows what he is doing...leaks are a part of the game....especially ones that can easily egg on the Left Wing, like a man abusing his 2 ex-wives, during this very time with this #MeToo movement... and then comes who knew, what, and when... all a distraction....

it's a nothing burger that's covering for something else, much worse...

Tabloid bullshit to begin with. No one cares about this fake outrage over the soap opera except butthurt snowflakes.

Collusion, nope so we'll go with obstruction.

Obstruction, nope so we'll go with the tabloid reporting which is nothing more than the new War on Men.

Pathetic, what the hell does this have to do with the real issues we need fixed?

Get the pussy hats out and get out there and make an ass of yourself some more.

What does wasting your time investigating crazy conspiracy theories have to do with real issues that need fixing.

People have a right to be concerned about potential wife beaters holding public office whether it be elective or appointed. Especially when they seem to express sympathy for the abusers rather than the women who are abused. Trump has made several statements supporting Porter but not one reaching out to victims of spousal abuse. Spousal abuse and sexual harassment are real issues.

Forum List

Back