Favre's Career Ends as I predicted

I believe that Farve has suffered a season ending injury. Most likely a career ending injury. It's called stupidity. On paper, there has never been a better quarterback than Farve; however, what little class he has left is quickly being used up. On paper, he's the King but in my opinion he is far from any kind of a meaningful role model for the younger kids.

It's sad to see someone with so great a career
Yeah, all time leader in interceptions, pick sixes, and fumbles. These records will never be threatened.
Babe Ruth was the all time strike out leader too. Bet big, lose big.
BIG difference between baseball and football. Interceptions, fumbles, are for the most part preventable. Favre was careless with the ball, for his entire career.

I only bring up Favre's less than stellar records because the slobbering lovers he has in the sports commentary world never do. Ever.

Yeah, all time leader in interceptions, pick sixes, and fumbles. These records will never be threatened.
BIG difference between baseball and football. Interceptions, fumbles, are for the most part preventable. Favre was careless with the ball, for his entire career.

I only bring up Favre's less than stellar records because the slobbering lovers he has in the sports commentary world never do. Ever.

I agree that he's taken risks when passing throughout his career, risks that either lead to amazing catches or interceptions.

It's also a matter of scale. How many other quarterbacks have played for 20 years?

I agree that he's taken risks when passing throughout his career, risks that either lead to amazing catches or interceptions.

It's also a matter of scale. How many other quarterbacks have played for 20 years?
Percentages aren't a matter of scale. He leads in all the negative play percentages too.

Percentages aren't a matter of scale. He leads in all the negative play percentages too.

:eusa_think:

I think I'll have to go look up his stats before I continue posting in the thread. :lol:

:eusa_think:

I think I'll have to go look up his stats before I continue posting in the thread. :lol:
The percentage of INTs to attempts is interesting.

Then when you factor in all the fumbles lost.... It's a stunning picture. Of course, they don't do a fumble percentage category vs. every snap taken. But it's safe to say his turnover records will never be broken.

One thing I will say because I believe it's true: Most people who have coached Favre say you gotta take the bad with the good. We never saw anyone cut him or bench him, once he became a starter. So in the balance, they all decided the positives outweighed the negatives.

I just get a little annoyed at all the slobbering worship, the result of it is most people don't know about Favre's more dubious records.

Because you so seldom hear about them.

And to the OP: Are you REALLY sure Favre's done playing?

I see him playing some arena ball or a stint in the UFL, maybe for the Hartford Colonials! I won't even rule out a stint next year with the Bungles! You really NEVER know what he's going to do.

One thing I will say because I believe it's true: Most people who have coached Favre say you gotta take the bad with the good. We never saw anyone cut him or bench him, once he became a starter. So in the balance, they all decided the positives outweighed the negatives.

I just get a little annoyed at all the slobbering worship, the result of it is most people don't know about Favre's more dubious records.

Yeah I get what you're saying about the media worship. Even this last year, when either Tavaris or Webb were starting, the Fox/NBC/MNF production would have their own little pre-recorded segment about the greatness of Favre, constantly showing sideline shots, announcers repeating the same stats, everything.

It got to be too much.

I know this has been said before but it bears repeating: he should've stayed retired after Green Bay. I think he OWED it to those fans and that organization to finish it out at Lambeau. And I think, in the long run, that's where *the* Brett Favre will be remembered most. The NYJ year will be forgotten, and the two Vikings years will be written off as an egotistical mistake.

Yeah I get what you're saying about the media worship. Even this last year, when either Tavaris or Webb were starting, the Fox/NBC/MNF production would have their own little pre-recorded segment about the greatness of Favre, constantly showing sideline shots, announcers repeating the same stats, everything.

It got to be too much.

I know this has been said before but it bears repeating: he should've stayed retired after Green Bay. I think he OWED it to those fans and that organization to finish it out at Lambeau. And I think, in the long run, that's where *the* Brett Favre will be remembered most. The NYJ year will be forgotten, and the two Vikings years will be written off as an egotistical mistake.
He might retire as a Packer, like Emmitt Smith did with Dallas -- signing a one-day contract.

It got to be too much.

He might retire as a Packer, like Emmitt Smith did with Dallas -- signing a one-day contract.
That would soothe a lot of hurt feelings he created. That's for sure.

Forum List

Back