What was yours?

I liked history
Did very well in English and spelling bees
Enjoyed cooking classes
Liked PE gymnastics
HATED math
Science bored me
Excelled in art

Plane geometry was my favorite. Loved the logic.

I still remember the first problem and that was over 50 years ago: prove that the alternate interior angles formed by the intersection of two straight lines are equal.

Least favorite was wood shop. I had no interest at all in making things out of wood. We had to make one item to pass the course and some guys made cedar chests or gun cabinets. I made a pen holder. A simple rectangular piece of wood with beveled edges to which a pen was attached. Anyone else could have done it in 15 minutes and it took my the whole fucking school year. But I passed !! There was some really clever kid who made a bunch of wash props and sold them. I heard he made a good piece of change.

Last edited:
Through middle school, was reading. 2nd would have been writing. By 8th grade I'd read a lot of Shakespeare and also lots of fiction like Beverly Cleary. Most days I read a novel a day, while excelling at school.

In high school, my interests turned to history and politics, and boys. The last dominated my jr and sr years. I missed lots of classes those last two years. ;)

Music and art ... there was a time when I had a really great voice with a pretty good range; I still skip around from one art talent to another depending on my mood

Loved to read and write, always aced spelling, A's in Shakespeare, but it's always bothered me that my grammar is so lousy.

Did not inherit my Dad's head for math; saw no value to science; hated PE

Wish I had then the interest in history and government that I now have.

In short - I was so poorly educated in grammar school (circumstances of my life out of my control) that junior high and high school became nightmares for me; had a mother who didn't notice my lack of education or particularly care and waited until about a month before HS graduation to ask me if I wanted to go to college.

Favorite: History
Hated: Spanish

As I remember, my second favorite was journalism. It was like, the music people hung out in the music room, the drama people hung out in the drama room, the art people hung out in the art room, the chess club had their room to hang out in (accidently oppened the door once--what a bunch of geeks! :D ), and the school newspaper and yearbook kids hung out in the journalism room. Don't remember doing much work, mostly lots of BSing. :)

Last edited:
This chat has led me to asking this question: Are kids still learning how to write in cursive these days?

God bless you always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

P.S. I was good in things like reading, spelling, grammar, vocabulary, history, and geography, my final science grade in high school was a B minus, and I was good in math depending on what kind of math that is was. It was hard for me to certain read certain things though due to my lack of interest in what my class was having to read.

This chat has led me to asking this question: Are kids still learning how to write in cursive these days?

God bless you always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

P.S. I was good in things like reading, spelling, grammar, vocabulary, history, and geography, my final science grade in high school was a B minus, and I was good in math depending on what kind of math that is was. It was hard for me to certain read certain things though due to my lack of interest in what my class was having to read.

These days kids learn to curse not write cursive

^^^ I don't believe that a kids has to go to school in order to learn how to curse though.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. To me, a child is a product of their raising which falls mostly on their parents and anyone else in their families.

^^^ I don't believe that a kids has to go to school in order to learn how to curse though.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. To me, a child is a product of their raising which falls mostly on their parents and anyone else in their families.

Thats where I learned some of my best cursing.....nothing beats a school bus for picking up new vocabulary

I liked all the subjects the subjects I studied in K-12 school. The teachers were a different story. Most were just okay, several atrocious, with two or three outstanding.

Science was always my favorite class, if I had sane parents I'd have spent my career as an archaeologist.

Ironically, music was my least favorite class as I had the most evil, sadistic music teachers on the planet.

I quit school in the 4th grade....

.....although I never stopped learning

......when I decided on a profession I went back to school as I needed the requisite academic credentials in order to get a professional license....

I kinda sucked at homeroom....

But I enjoyed English Composition and science, but hated math. Go figure.

Forum List

Back