Favorite Songs From the 1960's

Worse than that Harry -- I suspect many don't know of the Fleetwood Mac that had nothing to do with Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham....

That says a lot about Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham to come into an established group with so many hits and members that were at the very least, legendary, and immediately dominate the song writing.

the "legends" were already gone by the time they got there.....they were the only ones left to write anything....

the "legends" were already gone by the time they got there.....they were the only ones left to write anything....
You sayin' Christine McVie can't write songs?

not saying that,im saying that their "legends" Peter Green,Danny Kirwan and Jeremy Spencer were gone by the time she became a member,otherwise with them she played some Piano and did background vocals......

Clearly Sixties music can be divided into two eras, the earlier pop sound and the later more serious stuff.

Of the former this is one of my faves --- it's that minor key thing

never cared for the pop version of the band.....
I never cared for that song. But that live version from a 1980 concert shows some things the studio version couldn't do. First off, its one of the best recorded live shows I've ever heard. And second, it shows the real intensity of the band. I was surprised how good a guitar player Lindsey Buckingham was.

I sense a broadening definition of "Sixties". Time go get back on track............

Forum List

Back