Favorite PC Game

Re-playing Skyrim with the Skyrim ReDone mod, and my goal this playthrough is to find every freaking book in the game.

And curate my library in my mansion.
Just restarted myself but with Requiem last week.

I have played that game for thousands of hours and never beat it lol.. This time I am going to finish it and put it to bed.

7 days to die has been taking up a lot of my time lately now too. Damn good voxel game.

I've beaten it unmodded, but with the Skyrim Redone mod I find myself more into trying to clear as much content as possible.
Could not get to the end because by level 20 (like an hour or two into the game) you become a demigod without a concern for danger at all.

Skyrim Redone ups the difficulty pretty well.

I've been playing Witcher 3. It's a good game, but the Bethesda games kind of spoiled me. They have a pretty good algorithm for adjusting difficulty to the player character. Witcher doesn't do that. If you're not at the right level for a quest, it's going to be a pain in the ass.

With the Bethesda games, I tend to charge through the main story, and then do the side quests after the fact. You can't really do that with Witcher.
lol.

That is what I LIKED about witcher. I HATE adjusted difficulty settings - they pretty much ensure the game remains super easy to the point that you outstrip the adjustments - then it becomes child's play.

The best part of the witcher though is the emphasis on preparation over twitch skills or run in and thump away.

I own it, but I haven't played Witcher 3 yet. It's been recommended to me highly, I just have so many games and only bought it recently, so I haven't gotten around to it yet.
Me too. You should play it. It is the best RPG Europe has to offer.

I've stalled with it. It's too difficult for my tastes. I have no interest in playing the same scene, over and over again until I get it "right".

I've been playing Witcher 3. It's a good game, but the Bethesda games kind of spoiled me. They have a pretty good algorithm for adjusting difficulty to the player character. Witcher doesn't do that. If you're not at the right level for a quest, it's going to be a pain in the ass.

With the Bethesda games, I tend to charge through the main story, and then do the side quests after the fact. You can't really do that with Witcher.
lol.

That is what I LIKED about witcher. I HATE adjusted difficulty settings - they pretty much ensure the game remains super easy to the point that you outstrip the adjustments - then it becomes child's play.

The best part of the witcher though is the emphasis on preparation over twitch skills or run in and thump away.

I own it, but I haven't played Witcher 3 yet. It's been recommended to me highly, I just have so many games and only bought it recently, so I haven't gotten around to it yet.

I've stalled with it. It's too difficult for my tastes. I have no interest in playing the same scene, over and over again until I get it "right".
Get through it. Then it won´t be that difficult anymore soon. Or adjust difficulty.

lol.

Get through it. Then it won´t be that difficult anymore soon. Or adjust difficulty.

I guess. I'm at this point where every quest available is over my pay grade (level). They seem to want you to grind, but there's not much to grind on. And since I don't like grinding much anyway, it was hard to stay interested.

lol.

I guess. I'm at this point where every quest available is over my pay grade (level). They seem to want you to grind, but there's not much to grind on. And since I don't like grinding much anyway, it was hard to stay interested.
That is part of the game. But according to the developers you don´t have to.

lol.

Really?

I never noticed any grinding in whitcher at all tbh. It is all about preparation. Prepare correctly and you are nigh unstoppable.

Really?

I never noticed any grinding in whitcher at all tbh. It is all about preparation. Prepare correctly and you are nigh unstoppable.

In Witcher 2? Seriously?

3 was far better about this.

Really?

In Witcher 2? Seriously?

3 was far better about this.
Yes.

Maybe I just have nostalgic glasses :D I always played on the hardest difficulty though and never felt the need to grind at all. I also tend do be a completionist though so normally I have completed all the quests up until that point.

Far Cry 2-5 Go suck a dick.
After the abortion of a game that far cry 2 was I will never purchase a far cry game. Not only was it a mess of buggy bullshit but it was also steeped in rootkits.

Ain't no rootkits in mine, but a gang of enemies might spawn right behind you.

Personally I don't think graphics and games have gotten much better since Far Cry 2.

I don't think I have 5, that was a good concept ..and they kinda lost their way.

PC games have actually gone downhill since around 2011.

Far Cry 2-5 Go suck a dick.
After the abortion of a game that far cry 2 was I will never purchase a far cry game. Not only was it a mess of buggy bullshit but it was also steeped in rootkits.

Ain't no rootkits in mine, but a gang of enemies might spawn right behind you.

Personally I don't think graphics and games have gotten much better since Far Cry 2.

I don't think I have 5, that was a good concept ..and they kinda lost their way.

PC games have actually gone downhill since around 2011.

I enjoyed Far Cry 3. I went back to play 2 after having played 3, but it isn't nearly as good. I still have 4, Primal, and 5 to play, but I have a crapton of games I've yet to play, so who knows when I'll get to them. :lol:

I am back on skyrim but now I have to pick a side.

Man, both sides are shitty :(

Be your own Dragonborn side. :)

I wouldn't side with the Imperials. In my Skyrim, it starts out with Imperials beheading people, that's not cool. You can see their pussy and they're ordering executions.

I wouldn't side with the Imperials. In my Skyrim, it starts out with Imperials beheading people, that's not cool. You can see their pussy and they're ordering executions.
Ha. And the other side is a bunch of racist scum bags killing people for power (as well as execution just not the one you get caught up in).

I lean to the imperials only because Ulfric works for the Thalmor - the true bad guys :D

Ha. And the other side is a bunch of racist scum bags killing people for power (as well as execution just not the one you get caught up in).

I lean to the imperials only because Ulfric works for the Thalmor - the true bad guys :D
You'll never meet the real warriors at that rate. There is a certain way to play Skyrim. You won't see..what is it? Asgard..I think..doing what you're doing.

I just started Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel. I thought the first Borderlands was great and the second was good, so I'm hopeful this continues the trend. I've seen mixed reviews for the game, but we'll see.

Forum List

Back