Zone1 Favorite Book(s) of the Bible

SweetSue92

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2018
USA
What are your favorite Book(s) of the Bible?

At one time I would have said "none of them". Then, maybe just a couple. Now it's "How to choose?". I can't take credit for growing to love the Bible. God did that!

Anyway, here are a few of my favorites in no particular order:

Genesis: The beginning of God's work in the world. Mysterious and exciting.

Proverbs:
Proverbs is both wise and funny. The "sluggard" is the chief comedic character

Esther:
A great book illustrating how God works behind the scenes. "If I perish, I perish"--a true queen.

Daniel:
Prayers, competence and defiance, the Lion's Den. Apocalyptic language. It's great.

The Gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke, John):
Can't choose just one, really

Acts: Pentecost! Shipwrecks! Snake bites! Treachery and redemption!

(At this point I could pretty much list all the rest of the books, but I will end with):

Hebrews: This is a sermon and in many ways it's a good encapsulation of God's redemption story through the Old and New Testament.

Please share you favorite books below!

Job, Isaiah, Genesis, Exodus, in the OT, top 4, and for the NT John, Galatians, and Luke.

Last edited:
Song of Solomon has a pretty long section about blowjobs.

Hebrews: This is a sermon and in many ways it's a good encapsulation of God's redemption story through the Old and New Testament.

Hebrews is actually the only NT book with a questionable provenance, but they included it because it was indeed an excellent writing.

The beginning of God's work in the world.

as an example of what jesus taught in the 1st century ...

Then God said, “Let us make life in our image, in our likeness, the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky the livestock and all the wild animals, and all the creatures that move along the ground.”

liberation theology flourish for so short a time -

then after those willing to die for the truth were all but removed - they wrote the moses based c-bible in the 4th century, abandoning the work of jesus altogether returning to the familiar corruption that has persisted from that time to the present day.

Forum List

Back