Zone1 Do you refer to God as He or She or It or other?

I say

• He

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • She

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It

• They

• he

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • she

• it

• they

• that non-binary entity

• Other

• other

• Total voters
Some stupid German professional theologian demands that we should write thus:

God+ = God plus

or in German: Gott plus

Unless I am swearing, or frustrated by common idiocy, I do not refer to GOD at all. And then it is in a generic, non-gender specific way.

Just a question, though... if there is a GOD, why would there be a need to assign it a gender? Aside from the patriarchal church establishing the dominance and privilege of men, I mean...

the heavens are plural the ticket for admission is purity that's all that matters - for a universe no way of ever meeting all who might reside spiritually. there are greater and lesser - no mr big than who might be loved the most or something of that nature, made president. all are equal who pass through the gates.

One need not use a gender related pronoun. Simply use "God".
Tradition of using the masculine pronoun is understandable, but not supported by the original conversation between Moses and what the burning bush represented, which was neuter. Still, "God" cannot be an object or an animal, so not "it".

And i thought he referred to himself as:

i am who i am ……
He does. He also refers to Himself as Love and as the Creator, and as a lot of different titles. But never does He refer to Himself as “it” or “she.”

Genesis ch.1 verse 31. and there are others. Folks I just GOThit by a virus I hope II DIDN,T PASS IT ON TO THE BOARDS SOMEHOW I AM SHUTTING DOWN.
Sorry about post 18. But in scripture, you will also find God being referred to in a more feminine way such as a mother hen and its brood. But mostly God is referred to in the male. in Genesis God says'' let us'' make man in'' our'' image after our likeness. the next verse verse 27 says God created man in ''his'' own image male and female'' he'' created them. So we see God is referred to in scripture in the plural and both male and female terms but as God told Moses '' I AM THAT I AM''
In my discipleship class, the one thing that was taught to us is not to speculate on scripture's meaning.

Forum List

Back