Votes: 2 13.3%
  • A Day In The Life

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Twist and Shout

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Specify)

Votes: 11 73.3%

• Total voters
It's nothing special, but there is something about this song I LOVE!!!!!!!!!

That's nine voices (JL, PM, GH in three-part harmony, then done three times) carefully arranged by George Martin (resident Genius) -- here it is voices only, no instruments:

This guy does a pretty good demonstration of how it's put together -- one part at a time:

-- and he too is doing three passes on each, hence the triple split-screen.

I believe it also has the distinction of being the very last Beatles track ever recorded (Summer 1969) that involved all four of them* (the last one recorded by any number would be "I Me Mine" on which Lennon does not appear, and that was only done to flesh out the last film, but it's only 3 Beatles)

*actually technically it's only 3 here too as Ringo isn't involved, but he was at the sessions.

Last edited:

That's nine voices (JL, PM, GH three passes each) carefully arranged by George Martin (resident Genius) -- here it is voices only, no instruments:

This guy does a pretty good demonstration of how it's put together -- one part at a time:

I believe it also has the distinction of being the very last Beatles track ever recorded that involved all four of them (the last one recorded by any number would be "I Me Mine" on which Lennon does not appear, and that was only done to flesh out the last film, but it's only 3 Beatles)

Love... thank you for making my day a small bit better :)

Hard to choose just one, but, if I had to, would have to be: Norwegian Wood
Mine, too. Why didn't you put it on the list?
Ok so when do we get married? :)
Someone wouldn't be real happy about that.

Yeah, I know all about it, my hubby.. nah he would not approve ;)

He doesn't like Norwegians?

I'm part Norweigan so, I hope he does... but he doesn't like other men ;)

That's nine voices (JL, PM, GH three passes each) carefully arranged by George Martin (resident Genius) -- here it is voices only, no instruments:

I believe it also has the distinction of being the very last Beatles track ever recorded that involved all four of them (the last one recorded by any number would be "I Me Mine" on which Lennon does not appear, and that was only done to flesh out the last film, but it's only 3 Beatles)

Love... thank you for making my day a small bit better :)

George Martin is my hero. :)

Rolling Stones are great entertainers.
As for quality... no, can't touch The Beatles

We have another discussion if you put Pink Floyd or Queen into the equation..............

Forum List

Back