Fauci admits masks only 10% effective

Mr. Friscus is wrong. The science proves him wrong. Let's move along and not waste time of conspiracy nonsense.
No multi person conspiring is occurring
Itā€™s a misnomer that libs use to discredit,
Fact statements are being made, not conspiracy theories. Dismissiveness dismissed!

He said this:

"In what was probably our best study, from Bangladesh, in places where mask use tripled, positive tests were reduced by less than 10 percent."

In a NYT interview here:

And even that is overstating what that study found.

Masks were bullshit from the start and was a means of keeping people compliant moreso than an effective means of controlling transmission. Anyone not a total moron knew they did shit very early on.

I can. The flu kills tens of thousands, and if we
Masked it might prevent a few cases, which is your claim on COVID. Why would the flu deaths be acceptable to you? Why are people who die from COVID more important in your eyes?

States are not mandating masks for the flu because we have had an effective vaccine for decades and the mortality rate is lower.

Also when COVID first appeared we didn't have a complete picture of potential long term COVID complications.

The experts were also concerned about the virus mutating into something.far more nefarious if left unchecked.

Masks were mandated before and very early on during COVID until the Trump vaccine was approved. Shortly after it's dissemination masks are no longer required.

Trump deserves credit for that so I give it.

Hell, I was in the local hospital last week and they don't even require masks anymore. It was pretty awesome.

Itā€™s still a low likelihood they die. You canā€™t lock people in houses because they might die. Let them take their own risks as they see fit.

I can see this point and agree to a certain extent with the caveat that state mandates were probably appropriate when states were running out of hospital beds.

You tyrant wanna-bes on the left would probably want to lock people in if it ā€œsaved livesā€, right?

You donā€™t care if the policies you want to impose on them cause severe suffering.. thatā€™s not caring about them.

Yeah, it was hard for a lot of people but pandemics are hard. It could have been harder on more people if we simply let the virus run it's course. Maybe not?

It's easy to play armchair virologist after the fact but we just didn't know exactly how the virus would spread and potentially mutate.

Probably the biggest reason for griping, especially by conservatives, is applying the same standards to prevent the spread in cities as they did in less populated areas. Small towns, where conservatives tend to live, probably could have had a more relaxed reaction but then that complicates mandates so I can see why that may have been avoided.

Youā€™re a cold fish, thatā€™s sociopath stuff
Not sure what that means.

Masks were bullshit from the start and was a means of keeping people compliant moreso than an effective means of controlling transmission. Anyone not a total moron knew they did shit very early on.
How do masks keep people compliant? I don't get that. I wore masks when and where mandated (mainly out of respect for businesses) but It didn't make me feel like I was being made to be "compliment". I just was trying not to spread COVID.

Does getting the polio vaccine make people compliant?

Letā€™s just review COVID. Basically, Conservatives were right on everything.

1. Masks didnā€™t stop the virus
2. Shutting down businesses was govt overreach and unnecessary
3. Schools shouldnā€™t have been shut down and kids shouldnā€™t be required to mask
4. The vaccine didnā€™t prevent the virus or stop you from getting the disease again and again. Natural immunity was the same or better.
5. Dying hospice people shouldnā€™t have been forced to die alone
6. The virus appears to have originated in Wuhan, China
7. It was created and pushed artificially in a lab, not from some bar in a wet market
8. This research was funded by Fauci/USA science, and is by definition gain-of-function research.
9. We shouldnā€™t have trusted the Chinese govt (Fauci/Biden did, no questions asked)

A clean sweep. Conservatives were on the correct side of all of this, and most were saying it shortly after day 1. They were demonized, bullied, harassed by Biden, the media, and politically-misinformed Democrat voters.. and they were also censored on social media and big tech platforms from giving opinions or mere factual data.

Shame on the left for all of the physical, psychological, emotional, economical damage they imposed on the public.

America.. all of America.. the next time anyone in government comes and wants to shut down your livelihood for some greater good.. Donā€™t. Donā€™t trust them. Get the information and make informed decisions yourself.

Democrats.. please learn a lesson here. You either failed to use your own agency and believed false demagogues.. or were only hyper focused politically just to oppose the right. You guys were wrong here, your spread of misinformation hurt so many people. Again, I hope a lesson was learned
Hindsight is marvelous, isn't it? A regular 20-20 focus. With the advantage of knowing-now what we did not know then.

Our people acted properly and made the proper calls based upon the knowledge that they (and we) possessed at the time.

How do masks keep people compliant? I don't get that. I wore masks when and where mandated (mainly out of respect for businesses) but It didn't make me feel like I was being made to be "compliment". I just was trying not to spread COVID.

Does getting the polio vaccine make people compliant?
Governments made people compliant by requiring them, and doling out rights based on compliance. Once people accepted that, getting them to accept other things, such as vaccine passports, was simplified.

Governments made people compliant by requiring them, and doling out rights based on compliance. Once people accepted that, getting them to accept other things, such as vaccine passports, was simplified.
Ok. Thanks for clarifying.

Who gives a crap what 'Pandemic Pete' has to say. He should be in prison.

And of course lib numb nuts all scattered and incorrect about numbers Once Again.
10% effective Does Not Indicate that 10% of all lives were spared.
Nice emotional feeling to cling to though and thatā€™s all they can absorb

It's no different than believing the election was stolen despite there being no evidence after audit after audit after audit after lawsuit after lawsuit after lawsuit.

It's crazy that neither side can see what politics is doing to them. They can only see it in the other side.

Hindsight is marvelous, isn't it? A regular 20-20 focus. With the advantage of knowing-now what we did not know then.

Our people acted properly and made the proper calls based upon the knowledge that they (and we) possessed at the time.

We had the knowledge that masks don't work and you fell for it all the same.

Many of us did not

We had the knowledge that masks don't work and you fell for it all the same.

Many of us did not
10% protection is better than 0% protection.

I was an early victim... April 1 - 24, 2020 in hospital... 11 of those days in the ICU... and made it out alive... so many did not...

And, working in a large-scale hospital in a support role myself...

During that time, and since, I've seen plenty of you naysayers begging for masks... and, later, vax'es..., right before they were intubated, when it was too late...

I continue to hold that our people made the best calls they could with the knowledge they possessed at the time...

Those surgeons that wear masks are too dumb to know they`re being controlled. :rolleyes:

Those surgeons that wear masks are too dumb to know they`re being controlled. :rolleyes:
Those surgeons don't wear masks to stop an aerosol-borne virus.

Poor effort, but an excellent example of the 'logic' used to justify these things.

Forum List

Back