Fat Southerners

Put down that Moon Pie!
Southerners, poor have highest rates of obesity - USATODAY.com

The South still has the highest percentage of people who are too heavy. Nine of the 10 states with the highest obesity rates are in the South, the report says.

Mississippi continues to be the state with the highest level of obesity at 34.4%; Colorado has the lowest rate at 19.8%

The South may be the hardest hit by obesity because of high rates of poverty and a traditional diet that is unhealthy, Levi says.

Top 10 Fattest States

1. Mississippi (34.4%)
2. Alabama (32.3%)
3. West Virginia (32.2%)
4. Tennessee (31.9%)
5. Louisiana (31.6%)
6. Kentucky (31.5%)
7. Oklahoma (31.4%)
8. South Carolina (30.9%)
9. Arkansas (30.6%)
10. Michigan (30.5%)

FUCK YOU BIATCH!!

They can have my Moonpie and RC cola when they pry it from my cold dead hands!!
Chances are there will be an EMT on hand and the last word you hear before they pry the Moon Pie and RC away will be "Clear!"

Southeners are to polite for that.

The last words I'd hear are; You mind if I finish that off for yall?

Put down that Moon Pie!

The South still has the highest percentage of people who are too heavy. Nine of the 10 states with the highest obesity rates are in the South, the report says.

Mississippi continues to be the state with the highest level of obesity at 34.4%; Colorado has the lowest rate at 19.8%

The South may be the hardest hit by obesity because of high rates of poverty and a traditional diet that is unhealthy, Levi says.

Top 10 Fattest States

1. Mississippi (34.4%)
2. Alabama (32.3%)
3. West Virginia (32.2%)
4. Tennessee (31.9%)
5. Louisiana (31.6%)
6. Kentucky (31.5%)
7. Oklahoma (31.4%)
9. Arkansas (30.6%)
10. Michigan (30.5%)
Time to loosen the buckle on the Bible Belt.

Of course Conservatives will spin this to say the poor aren't starving in America, they're fat.

Pass the pecan pie, please.

And don't forget the whipped cream!!

sc has some of the best seafood on the coast...too bad all you found where waffle houses

Had some great shrimp and oysters with hush puppies

There are a lot of waffle houses though

The fact that in America those living in 'poverty' can still manage to overeat should tell you something.

It should tell you that poverty is relative. And relative to the rest of the world, we ain't got none.

The fact that in America those living in 'poverty' can still manage to overeat should tell you something.

It should tell you that poverty is relative. And relative to the rest of the world, we ain't got none.

It also tells me that a whole lot of poor people don't know how to cook or are too lazy to do it, and choose instead to super size it.

Put down that Moon Pie!

Top 10 Fattest States

1. Mississippi (34.4%)
2. Alabama (32.3%)
3. West Virginia (32.2%)
4. Tennessee (31.9%)
5. Louisiana (31.6%)
6. Kentucky (31.5%)
7. Oklahoma (31.4%)
9. Arkansas (30.6%)
10. Michigan (30.5%)

FUCK YOU BIATCH!!

They can have my Moonpie and RC cola when they pry it from my cold dead hands!!

And what flavor moonpie would that be sugar?

It also tells me that a whole lot of poor people don't know how to cook or are too lazy to do it, and choose instead to super size it.

Regardless, they're obviously not going hungry now are they?

Now compare that to the impoverished peoples of Africa and Asia.

I heard this on the news and after the percentages were announced, word spread that the people of Mississippi were pissed!
I reckon it's that good ole home made southern fried chicken, and all the other shit that goes with it!
As for me, and Moon Pies, I have but one word: GROSS!

Just spent the week in South Carolina. Everything is deep fried or loaded with sugar.Also, a Waffle House at every intersection

Oh horseshit. Quit eating at Denny's.

South Carolina has some of the best eateries in America.

As does Georgia and Florida.

I was up in Maine 6 months ago. Had two lobsters, about a cup of butter, french fries, more butter, cole slaw, w/butter and bread.

Healthy ?

Christ - grow a brain dude.

Explains why you have a moron as your avatar

Last edited:
I heard this on the news and after the percentages were announced, word spread that the people of Mississippi were pissed!
I reckon it's that good ole home made southern fried chicken, and all the other shit that goes with it!

Just spent the week in South Carolina. Everything is deep fried or loaded with sugar.Also, a Waffle House at every intersection

I was up in Maine 6 months ago. Had two lobsters, about a cup of butter, french fries, more butter, cole slaw, w/butter and bread.

Healthy ?

no chowder?

pffft, commie outlander

Healthy ?

You do know that lobster and bread are nothing but the method to get the butter into your mouth don't you??

Regardless, they're obviously not going hungry now are they?

Now compare that to the impoverished peoples of Africa and Asia.

Though in Asia and Africa, do they have even the higher calorie cheaper foods that we process here? Besides, it can be more expensive for lower income people to have a healthier diet.

A High Price for Healthy Food - NYTimes.com

Although people don’t knowingly shop for calories per se, the data show that it’s easier for low-income people to sustain themselves on junk food rather than fruits and vegetables, says the study’s lead author Adam Drewnowski, director of the center for public health nutrition at the University of Washington. Based on his findings, a 2,000-calorie diet would cost just $3.52 a day if it consisted of junk food, compared with $36.32 a day for a diet of low-energy dense foods. However, most people eat a mix of foods. The average American spends about $7 a day on food, although low-income people spend about $4, says Dr. Drewnowski.

“If you have $3 to feed yourself, your choices gravitate toward foods which give you the most calories per dollar,’’ said Dr. Drewnowski. “Not only are the empty calories cheaper, but the healthy foods are becoming more and more expensive. Vegetables and fruits are rapidly becoming luxury goods.”

Last edited:

Healthy ?

no chowder?

pffft, commie outlander

Thats Chowda ya know.

Maybe I'll form a union for these people. A union like the ACLU, but it'll be called:

ACLU -American Chubby Liberties Union

This will be a national organization "advocating individual rights, by litigating, legislating, and educating the public on a broad array of issues affecting individual rights" to eating whatever they freaking like including moonpies, mac n cheese, hotdogs, hoho’s, double cheese pizza and Mcdonalds apple pie, especially when they can't afford other expensive healthier foods.

And Michele Obama will have no part in it whatsover.

Healthy ?

Notice any fat on Ed Nortons chiseled body?

Go eat a deep fried turkey

Country fried steak, sawmill gravy and biscuits, and Mississippi Mud Pie AND I'm still only 110 lbs soaking wet.

You just have to move. Go ginseng hunting. Track deer. Do anything but sit in front of a tv.

And the whole bs about poor people not being able to afford good food is a complete lie. You try to fill your buggy with $30.00 worth of veggies. You'll need two buggies.

Learn to coupon. Cripes when I lived in Tennessee, I basically got my food for free out of Krogers. They doubled every coupon. It was insanely awesome.

All joking aside now, it's not so much what you put in your mouth as compared to getting out there and moving your body.

My Baba (Ukrainian grandmother) was 5 foot 2 and 190 lbs but she rocked in the garden. She would walk for miles. And she was solid muscle. Only cancer took her out. Lived a great life.

So pounds don't equal unhealthy. Lifestyles as couch potatos equals unhealthy.

Healthy ?

lol

All of a sudden I had an urge to make turducken.

I better walk the dog or do jumping jacks.

Healthy ?

Ed Norton (Art Carney) is dead. The only thing "chiseled" regarding him is his headstone.

If that's who you aspire to be - a sewer employee, brain dead, idiotic, -go for it pal.

Forum List

Back