Fat Southerners

It also tells me that a whole lot of poor people don't know how to cook or are too lazy to do it, and choose instead to super size it.

Regardless, they're obviously not going hungry now are they?

Now compare that to the impoverished peoples of Africa and Asia.

Though in Asia and Africa, do they have even the higher calorie cheaper foods that we process here? Besides, it can be more expensive for lower income people to have a healthier diet.

A High Price for Healthy Food - NYTimes.com

Although people don’t knowingly shop for calories per se, the data show that it’s easier for low-income people to sustain themselves on junk food rather than fruits and vegetables, says the study’s lead author Adam Drewnowski, director of the center for public health nutrition at the University of Washington. Based on his findings, a 2,000-calorie diet would cost just $3.52 a day if it consisted of junk food, compared with $36.32 a day for a diet of low-energy dense foods. However, most people eat a mix of foods. The average American spends about $7 a day on food, although low-income people spend about $4, says Dr. Drewnowski.

“If you have $3 to feed yourself, your choices gravitate toward foods which give you the most calories per dollar,’’ said Dr. Drewnowski. “Not only are the empty calories cheaper, but the healthy foods are becoming more and more expensive. Vegetables and fruits are rapidly becoming luxury goods.”

Yep for 1.25 I can get a whole box of little debbie cakes and keep my belly full for 1/2 day.

That's because they can't afford the healthy foods.
Southerners also eat more fried foods.

Do you know how fuckin' hot it is down here? Who the hell wants to go outside and exercise!?

Plus, the food is delicious! Fatty, sure, but nothing beats pulled pork!

Oh, and everything is a ginormous suburb where nobody walks.

Fat! Fat! Fat!

Put down that Moon Pie!

Southerners, poor have highest rates of obesity - USATODAY.com

The South still has the highest percentage of people who are too heavy. Nine of the 10 states with the highest obesity rates are in the South, the report says.

Mississippi continues to be the state with the highest level of obesity at 34.4%; Colorado has the lowest rate at 19.8%

The South may be the hardest hit by obesity because of high rates of poverty and a traditional diet that is unhealthy, Levi says.

Top 10 Fattest States

1. Mississippi (34.4%)
2. Alabama (32.3%)
3. West Virginia (32.2%)
4. Tennessee (31.9%)
5. Louisiana (31.6%)
6. Kentucky (31.5%)
7. Oklahoma (31.4%)
8. South Carolina (30.9%)
9. Arkansas (30.6%)
10. Michigan (30.5%)

Ever see how they eat down here? Everything is fried and accompanied with sweet tea.

Do you know how fuckin' hot it is down here? Who the hell wants to go outside and exercise!?

That's not an excuse. On the days I don't go to the gym I run anywhere from 2.5 to 4.5 miles even when it hits 100 degrees.

Just spent the week in South Carolina. Everything is deep fried or loaded with sugar.Also, a Waffle House at every intersection

Oh horseshit. Quit eating at Denny's.

South Carolina has some of the best eateries in America.

As does Georgia and Florida.

I was up in Maine 6 months ago. Had two lobsters, about a cup of butter, french fries, more butter, cole slaw, w/butter and bread.

Healthy ?

Christ - grow a brain dude.

Explains why you have a moron as your avatar

You do know that lobster and bread are nothing but the method to get the butter into your mouth don't you??

:eusa_eh:no shit.I usually slather it all over my wife....

Put down that Moon Pie!

The South still has the highest percentage of people who are too heavy. Nine of the 10 states with the highest obesity rates are in the South, the report says.

Mississippi continues to be the state with the highest level of obesity at 34.4%; Colorado has the lowest rate at 19.8%

The South may be the hardest hit by obesity because of high rates of poverty and a traditional diet that is unhealthy, Levi says.

Top 10 Fattest States

1. Mississippi (34.4%)
2. Alabama (32.3%)
3. West Virginia (32.2%)
4. Tennessee (31.9%)
5. Louisiana (31.6%)
6. Kentucky (31.5%)
7. Oklahoma (31.4%)
9. Arkansas (30.6%)
10. Michigan (30.5%)

Ever see how they eat down here? Everything is fried and accompanied with sweet tea.

No - everything's not fried down here brainiac. I realize Denny's and HoJo's - the places that accept your foodstamps, probably go that way, but the majority of us certainly do not. Where's Michael Moore live? That fat-ass is obviously on a solid diet of blubber. Oh, that's right - Los Angeles. Take your impressions of the south and shove them.

Seriously.

You come across as an idiot.

I was up in Maine 6 months ago. Had two lobsters, about a cup of butter, french fries, more butter, cole slaw, w/butter and bread.

Healthy ?

You do know that lobster and bread are nothing but the method to get the butter into your mouth don't you??

:eusa_eh:no shit.I usually slather it all over my wife....

:thup:
Food play.

Put down that Moon Pie!

Top 10 Fattest States

1. Mississippi (34.4%)
2. Alabama (32.3%)
3. West Virginia (32.2%)
4. Tennessee (31.9%)
5. Louisiana (31.6%)
6. Kentucky (31.5%)
7. Oklahoma (31.4%)
9. Arkansas (30.6%)
10. Michigan (30.5%)

No - everything's not fried down here brainiac. I realize Denny's and HoJo's - the places that accept your foodstamps, probably go that way, but the majority of us certainly do not. Where's Michael Moore live? That fat-ass is obviously on a solid diet of blubber. Oh, that's right - Los Angeles. Take your impressions of the south and shove them.

Seriously.

You come across as an idiot.

You can use food stamps at dennys?

:eek:

That's not an excuse. On the days I don't go to the gym I run anywhere from 2.5 to 4.5 miles even when it hits 100 degrees.

2.5 - 4.5 ??

:clap2:

I do 5.0 miles every morning at 0500 and 5.0 miles every evening at 2000

And the Y at noon for weights and 15 miles on the bike.

Nice being able to actually get a workout, vs. a 2.5 mile stroll.

Pat yourself on the back if it makes you feel good.

Impressed with your stats?

Nope...

I was just in Chatanooga a couple of weeks ago and did notice a lot more fatties than I'm used to seeing around the home base.

I was just in Chatanooga a couple of weeks ago and did notice a lot more fatties than I'm used to seeing around the home base.

Yeah I know.
Those "hotties" in New Jersey, where your home base is, can't be matched.

Freaking idiot.....

Healthy ?

Notice any fat on Ed Nortons chiseled body?

Go eat a deep fried turkey

Ed Norton (Art Carney) is dead. The only thing "chiseled" regarding him is his headstone.

If that's who you aspire to be - a sewer employee, brain dead, idiotic, -go for it pal.

Sewers are what makes civilization possible

Ed Norton is GOD

Art Carney is a comedic genius

Yeah I know.

Freaking idiot.....

Nice try there champ but home base is not New Jersey.

And why are you getting all defensive about the size of some people in some regions?

That's because they can't afford the healthy foods.
Southerners also eat more fried foods.

Plus, the food is delicious! Fatty, sure, but nothing beats pulled pork!

Oh, and everything is a ginormous suburb where nobody walks.

Fat! Fat! Fat!

Bingo! Bingo! Bingo!

It is FUCKING HOT, and mostly FLAT except for Fire Ant Mounds.

Contrast with Colorado (the lowest obesity%)

At more than a mile up, it's difficult to MOVE without excersizing, and then 50% of the time, it is UPHILL.

But almost all the time the humidity < 50%, and temps are 35-75 F

Last edited:
Notice any fat on Ed Nortons chiseled body?

Go eat a deep fried turkey

Ed Norton (Art Carney) is dead. The only thing "chiseled" regarding him is his headstone.

If that's who you aspire to be - a sewer employee, brain dead, idiotic, -go for it pal.

Ed Norton is GOD

Comedic genius - yes. I agree.
But the icon of a sewer cleaning idiot character - not so sure.
Whatever floats your boat bud.
By the way, since your ragging on Southerner's, where, do tell, do you hail from?

large_OBESITY.jpg

Blacks are like 11% of the entire US population.

Republicans are 90% white.

Houston is the fattest city in the US.

Ed Norton is GOD

Comedic genius - yes. I agree.
But the icon of a sewer cleaning idiot character - not so sure.
Whatever floats your boat bud.
By the way, since your ragging on Southerner's, where, do tell, do you hail from?

He's not ragging on Southerners, just pointing out that they (in general) tend to be larger than those in other regions.

Nothing to be ashamed of.

Yeah I know.

Freaking idiot.....

Nice try there champ but home base is not New Jersey.

And why are you getting all defensive about the size of some people in some regions?

People are different sizes in regions? Really now? Please expound on that brilliant fact...

My wife happens to be a size ZERO. And we live in the South.

And she just returned from her workout, where by God, by my observation, the room was filled with damned good looking ladies.

You some sort of bigot, or what seems to be your problem?

And where do you hail from? Perhaps I can male an overarching stupid analysis about your community.

Are you all svelt and brilliant?

What's the hometown?

2.5 - 4.5 ??

:clap2:

I do 5.0 miles every morning at 0500 and 5.0 miles every evening at 2000

And the Y at noon for weights and 15 miles on the bike.

Nice being able to actually get a workout, vs. a 2.5 mile stroll.

Pat yourself on the back if it makes you feel good.

Impressed with your stats?

Nope...

****sensing the inevitable penis length comparison, Samson slowly backs away from the thread****

Forum List

Back