Fat ,Obease Americans , becoming a major problem in America.

Well - there is a lack of jobs in America. The government could hire some of the unemployed folks and station them by each door of all the McDonald's, Hardee's, Wendy's and other places like that and not allow anybody inside the building that appears to be the slightest bit overweight. No exceptions. This would be something that 52ndStreet could possibly agree with.

Another way of looking at it is people like 52ndStreet could mind their own business about people's personal choices. If a person wants to be obese in America it's their own business.

When the government begins to control what you eat and drink, then it has, in all likelyhood, gone too far.

Now there's an idea. At the entrance to every fast food eatery, NO, every diner and restaurant a scale, a laser measuring system for height and width with Body Mass calculations as an added extra. When the 'obese' individual steps on the scale, an alarm goes off alerting the local 'Obese Police' and that person is detained then booked for 'crimes against the food chain' and forced into an internment camp for a duration to be determined by the 'Judge of Obesity' at the local court house usually requiring a 20% loss in body weight, that would allow them to be freed on one condition, they wear a pair of shoes containing a body weight transponder with GPS location.......just in case. :lol:
Crimes against the food chain! That's rich!

I stop at a McDonald's every day. I like their ice tea as it is brewed fresh and they allow me to get an unsweetened, non carbonated drink for $1.00.

Unhealthy food is cheaper and eaiser than healthy food.

Exactly, and I feel bad for many that are obese resulting from medical issues etc or disorders that cause them to eat uncontrollably. Many people gain excess weight simply because of the meds they are on. Many reasons for this not just eating like there's no tommorrow.

The cost of 'healthy foods' does cost more, and if this government really wants to reduce the obesity rate, then let's see some tax dollars used to provide the 'healthier foods' that really can reduce the chances of gaining excess weight. Make it available to all, so far most of the "Po Folks' can't afford any of this.

On the other hand, there are a lot of people who are out right massive individuals that wouldn't have it any other way. Not "Fat" but just large boned people that appear to be a D-9 CAT. Are these people going to be forced to lose weight by society? They can't.

It's a damn wonder than any of us actually "AGE" with all the preservatives we ingest every day. Or maybe that's why many look like dried parchment or a picture of a dry lake bed. But then again the effects of those preservatives are negated by the use of all the color dyes, numbers 1 though whatever. Guess we need healthier Chemical food additives. :lol:

I Have A Dream, when one day, ALLLL Good Neighbors will stop hoarding meat, and start sharing it with each other.

I Have A Dream!!!!
I gotta can of Vienna Sausages right here!

I belive we can all agree that Vienna Sausage is not "The Meat of Dreams."
It's no standing rib roast, I'll grant you. But, in a world of tofu and synthetic beef, a Vienna Sausage will fill the bill!

Perhaps you would like to meet me at Nathan's for a foot long!

Here's an idea: Let people eat whatever the hell they want, and if they turn into fat asses then so be it. But don't tax the rest of us in order to pay for their medical bills.

I gotta can of Vienna Sausages right here!

It's no standing rib roast, I'll grant you. But, in a world of tofu and synthetic beef, a Vienna Sausage will fill the bill!

You'll have 52nd Street breathing heavily. He's quite partial to foot long sausages. He's always accosting young men, asking 'em whether they would like to fling a sausage up 52nd Street.

You'll have 52nd Street breathing heavily. He's quite partial to foot long sausages. He's always accosting young men, asking 'em whether they would like to fling a sausage up 52nd Street.
hips or lips?

Am I the only one that doesn't feel like fat people are that much of a problem?

Hell at the most for me and my personal life they're nothing but an eye-sore at times, depending on the person. But that really just depends on what they're wearing and how much they're letting "hang out".

The obese are one BIG reason why our medical costs are rising.

the elderly also.

I do think its ridiculous how many people seem to be OK with forcing people into healthy lifestyles. seems very unamerican to me.

Here's an idea: Let people eat whatever the hell they want, and if they turn into fat asses then so be it. But don't tax the rest of us in order to pay for their medical bills.

What else should be under this? People that ski? Do risky sports and potentially get injured? Drink? smoke?

With the explosion of obesity in America , I want to applaud Michelle Obama for her inititive to combat childhood obesity.

Obesity seems to be at epidemic proportions here in America. One out of every three children in America is obese.

America spends billions in additional medical cost to treat obease Americans for their related health problems linked to being obese.

The federal government needs to pass laws banning obesity, to finally gain some kind of control with regards to this national problem.We must enact severe penalties for people who are obease, up to imprisonment, and major fines for being obese. We also need a tax on Obease people, to help pay for the extra billions of dollars that they have spent on them during their hospitalization for obesity related problems.

a law banning obesity?.....are serious?....do you know Karl Malone was considered obese by the govt standards?.....

Forum List

Back