Fat ,Obease Americans , becoming a major problem in America.

52ndStreet

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2008
With the explosion of obesity in America , I want to applaud Michelle Obama for her inititive to combat childhood obesity.

Obesity seems to be at epidemic proportions here in America. One out of every three children in America is obese.

America spends billions in additional medical cost to treat obease Americans for their related health problems linked to being obese.

The federal government needs to pass laws banning obesity, to finally gain some kind of control with regards to this national problem.We must enact severe penalties for people who are obease, up to imprisonment, and major fines for being obese. We also need a tax on Obease people, to help pay for the extra billions of dollars that they have spent on them during their hospitalization for obesity related problems.

Last edited:
The federal government needs to pass laws banning obesity, to finally gain some kind of control with regards to this national problem.We must enact severe penalties for people who are obease, up to imprisonment, and major fines for being obese. We also need a tax on Obease people, to help pay for the extra billions of dollars that they have spent on them during their hospitalization for obesity related problems.

Nah. Just open loosen regulations on the insurance companies and let them outright cancel folks when they get over xxx pounds. That will fix it w/o new laws.

I suppose I don't have a problem with this because I believe medicare and the like should be able to cancel you if you smoke so whatever. Let them die in the streets.

With the explosion of obesity in America , I want to applaud Michelle Obama for her inititive to combat childhood obesity.

Obesity seems to be at epidemic proportions here in America. One out of every three children in America is obese.

America spends billions in additional medical cost to treat obease Americans for their related health problems linked to being obese.

Yeah! Then if they don't pay the fines we'll harvest em!

Come on.. you sound like you want enslave all the Fat people in America.. :cuckoo:

Well - there is a lack of jobs in America. The government could hire some of the unemployed folks and station them by each door of all the McDonald's, Hardee's, Wendy's and other places like that and not allow anybody inside the building that appears to be the slightest bit overweight. No exceptions. This would be something that 52ndStreet could possibly agree with.

Another way of looking at it is people like 52ndStreet could mind their own business about people's personal choices. If a person wants to be obese in America it's their own business.

When the government begins to control what you eat and drink, then it has, in all likelyhood, gone too far.

Well - there is a lack of jobs in America. The government could hire some of the unemployed folks and station them by each door of all the McDonald's, Hardee's, Wendy's and other places like that and not allow anybody inside the building that appears to be the slightest bit overweight. No exceptions. This would be something that 52ndStreet could possibly agree with.

Another way of looking at it is people like 52ndStreet could mind their own business about people's personal choices. If a person wants to be obese in America it's their own business.

When the government begins to control what you eat and drink, then it has, in all likelyhood, gone too far.
Yeah that Damned FDA!

If I want melamine in my milk I sould be able to get it that way.
And I like some Salmonella, gives the meat a bit of flavor.
And I can't buy Equine T-bone steaks anymore either.

Here's a better idea. Round up people who resort to tautology in topic titles and spell obese two different ways in the same sentence, and subject them to severe penalties. I would suggest force feeding them with their own bullshit thrice daily for six months!

Yeah that Damned FDA!

Christ sakes - next thing you know they will be saying cigarettes are no good for you!:lol:

Yeah that Damned FDA!

Christ sakes - next thing you know they will be saying cigarettes are no good for you!:lol:

Yeah and I will have to give up my Heroin sodas too?

I have more of a problem with the skinny, obese.
But they are definitely the minority.

A great idea! Lets put a cut off in though where girls don't get a discount for being less than 130lbs. I hate a skinny.........

How is that fair? I eat very healthy food and weigh 110 at 5'3". If you're going to penalize those above a certain weight, why would you penalize someone doing the right thing as well?

And now they want to irradiate meat so they can speed up the processing lines and splash shit everywhere, well, they already do that now, but then they wouldn't even have to pretend to be careful. You should never, ever under any circumstances eat hamburger meat. It is a biohazard.

And now they want to irradiate meat so they can speed up the processing lines and splash shit everywhere, well, they already do that now, but then they wouldn't even have to pretend to be careful. You should never, ever under any circumstances eat hamburger meat. It is a biohazard.

I eat my own beef and a good neighbors pork. I supervise the slaughter and processing of the meat I eat. And I know what they were fed and treated with as well.

Now there's an idea. At the entrance to every fast food eatery, NO, every diner and restaurant a scale, a laser measuring system for height and width with Body Mass calculations as an added extra. When the 'obese' individual steps on the scale, an alarm goes off alerting the local 'Obese Police' and that person is detained then booked for 'crimes against the food chain' and forced into an internment camp for a duration to be determined by the 'Judge of Obesity' at the local court house usually requiring a 20% loss in body weight, that would allow them to be freed on one condition, they wear a pair of shoes containing a body weight transponder with GPS location.......just in case. :lol:

Targeting obesity also targets minorities in low income families.

Overweight and obesity in the U.S. occur at higher rates in racial / ethnic minority populations such as African American and Hispanic Americans, compared with White Americans. Asian-Americans have a relatively low prevalence for obesity. Women and persons of low socioeconomic status within minority populations appear to particularly be affected by overweight and obesity. Cultural factors that influence dietary and exercise behaviors are reported to play a major role in the development of excess weight in minority groups.

American Obesity Association - AOA Fact Sheets

Forum List

Back