fat cats and grassroots

Discussion in 'Politics' started by tpahl, Jun 15, 2004.

1. tpahl

tpahl Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3
  2. Merlin1047

Merlin1047 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +450
    Somewhat interesting article, but lacking in detail and specifics.

The thing that puzzled the stuffings out of me was the success that Al Sharpton is having in fundraising. I never suspected that there were so many gullible halfwits wandering around in this country.

PT Barnum said "There's a sucker born every minute" and "Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public". I always thought that PT was a bitter cynic. Now I'm beginning to think he was right all along.

I cannot, for the life of me, understand why anyone would give their hard-earned money to that bald-faced opportunist. A racist, a proven (and convicted) liar, who wants to transform his notoriety from the Tawana Brawley case into a facade of respectability.

He'll probably succeed. The only thing more deficient than lib memory is the standard they expect of their leadership.

3. tpahl

tpahl Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3

Well it is not really an article, just a summary of campaign donations. There is alot of links on that page that goes into more detail on how they got the rankings. One of the ones I think is most interesting is their 'average income' of the candidates supporters...

Avg Income of Donors This Quarter Last Quarter
    John F Kerry $68.4k $70.2k
    George W Bush $65.7k $64.9k

Travis