Fashion sense vs common sense

sitarro said:
That's funny since you are basically doing the same thing when you wear a billed cap backwards, you're covering the back of your neck.
By the way, when the corporate world decides to change things to work with silly style anarchy hasn't it lost it's cool factor? When hat manufacturers started putting the logo on the back to have it seen when the hat was worn incorrectly I thought for sure that would end a goofy looking fad . . . I was wrong. What is it about hats with the last 2 generations? Wool hats in the summer, hats backwards or sideways, upside down visors. . . it would appear to be what ever looks the dumbest.. . .let's do that! I don't think it has anything to do with generational differences, it has more to do with taste. Rediculously oversized pants worn down around mid thigh doesn't just look ignorant, it doesn't work. That goes back to my original point . . . . lack of creativity with a touch of ignorance, , , a lowered Hummer with 22 inch rims and low profile tires.

The beatles and shaggy or long hair were the same thing for the last generation. It is a generational thing, and I think you're just hesitant to admit that you're the old fart now. :) Every generation grows to hate the parts of the future generations who do things differently. You think backwards hats makes you look ignorant. Plenty of people, myself included, don't.

I still don't understand why you let it get to you so much, it's not like the sun is blinding you when someone else wears there hat backward; it's not like your head sweats when someone wears a wool cap in the summer... why does this eat at you so much?

The ClayTaurus said:
why does this eat at you so much?
I kinda agree.
Look at bell bottoms....
One of the original intents in the design was so sailors could trap more air
in the pants of their issued uniform allowing them to tie them off
at the bottom and use the as a floatation device. I don't know many
sailors that are pissed about this fashion craze.

Mr. P said:
Tell ya what I hate to see. Any young girl wearing what I guess they call “low” riders, with her belly and waist fat hanging over the waist band.

You don't like a little muffin top?

Mr. P said:
Tell ya what I hate to see. Any young girl wearing what I guess they call “low” riders, with her belly and waist fat hanging over the waist band.

It's like you wanna smack them on the head "Do you LOOK in the mirror before leaving the house?"

They probably look in the mirror - they just forget to look at their side profile.

Some ruminations from the distaff side:

1. Clay, IMO, you look very good in that picture. I didn't even notice the hat.

2. We always secretly make fun of guys wearing their hats backwards. It so often seems to correlate with immaturity and low intelligence (Clay excepted, of course).

3. As for all those baggy, droopy guy pants, I am patiently waiting for the day that guys rediscover the joys of wearing tight jeans. Until then, I guess I'm stuck looking at baseball players and country singers.

4. This whole thread is a hoot. :clap:

The ClayTaurus said:
That's definitely not what I'm talking about.
collar.jpg

a polo shirt with a t-shirt....that kid just needs a beating

Abbey Normal said:
Some ruminations from the distaff side:

1. Clay, IMO, you look very good in that picture. I didn't even notice the hat.

2. We always secretly make fun of guys wearing their hats backwards. It so often seems to correlate with immaturity and low intelligence (Clay excepted, of course).

3. As for all those baggy, droopy guy pants, I am patiently waiting for the day that guys rediscover the joys of wearing tight jeans. Until then, I guess I'm stuck looking at baseball players and country singers.

4. This whole thread is a hoot. :clap:

There's no joy in tight jeans. *squirms* None.

Forum List

Back