Far from the Myth of 'Overpopulation'

100% of democrat scientists making a buck off gullible fools like you.
That's why I believe you are a Republican. Republicans have convinced you that it's not the oil companies, lobbyists and Republicans who are lying, it's the media and scientists. You're brainwashed.

That's why I believe you are a Republican. Republicans have convinced you that it's not the oil companies, lobbyists and Republicans who are lying, it's the media and scientists. You're brainwashed.
If you don't realize that EVERYONE is likely to lie, you are even more of a brainless fool than I thought.

Pollution is not an indication of overpopulation. When the first human settlement was established the first pollution was born as well. Put a whole lot of very neat, careful people in the most populated city in the world and there will be much, much, much less pollution than another city a fraction of its size full of other people with other priorities.

The world is NOT overpopulated, and it is not going to be. Time to let go of a false crisis you were force-fed as a kid.

When we only had 10 billion people on the planet and only so many factories we weren't even making a dent as far as pollution. Today, yes, pollution is an indication that we are overpopulated. So is this:

Death’s come knocking a last time for the splendid ivory-billed woodpecker and 22 more birds, fish and other species: The U.S. government is declaring them extinct.
It’s a rare move for wildlife officials to give up hope on a plant or animal, but government scientists say they’ve exhausted efforts to find these 23. And they warn climate change, on top of other pressures, could make such disappearances more common as a warming planet adds to the dangers facing imperiled plants and wildlife.

The idea that a closed system can support unlimited population growth is the myth

Earth Overshoot Day marks the date when humanity’s demand for ecological resources and services in a given year exceeds what Earth can regenerate in that year. In 2021, it fell on July 29.

It most certainly is not. There has always been pollution.
Yea but not as much as today.

By some estimates, the total number of vehicles worldwide could double to 2.5 billion by 2050.

China still has far fewer vehicles per person than Western countries; it has 1.3 billion of the world's 7 billion residents, but only 100 million or so vehicles.

If ownership in China were to equal the U.S. rate, the country would have 1 billion vehicles all by itself.

In 1960 the USA had 61.6 million registered automobiles. Compare that to 128.3 million cars by 1995, and 253.6 million cars by 2012.

Los Angeles was more polluted in the 1980s than it is today, but today it is more heavily populated. Pollution is not population.
I don't understand. Most of the air pollution takes place due to the burning of fossil fuels such as coal, oil, gasoline to produce energy for electricity or transportation.

So if twice as many people are driving today than in the past, of course the pollution is worse.

The cars pollute less today than they did in the past sure but I don't think they've solved the pollution problem because so many people are now driving.

Before the EPA and the Clean Air Act, many of America’s most iconic cities were environmental disaster areas. During WWII, Los Angeles experienced its first major smog, panicking residents who thought they had been exposed to a Japanese gas attack. After the war, industrial emissions and packed freeways made Los Angeles synonymous with smog. In New York, air pollution ate away at stone façades, leaving once bright marble a dirty black and grey. One could only imagine the effects on residents’ lungs. In manufacturing centers like Detroit, toxic waste accumulated, turning vast stretches of Lake Erie into dead zones.

After decades of improving air quality, Carnegie Mellon researchers found that pollution levels are rising across America. A key driver has been the Trump Administration’s all-out assault on environmental regulations. Since taking office, Trump has eliminated or announced plans to eliminate nearly 100 different regulations.

One of the largest rollbacks concerns fuel economy and greenhouse gas emissions standards. Lower efficiency standards will hit American consumers with billions in extra fuel costs while spiking U.S. transportation emissions over 10%. Not only did the administration’s own experts find that the rollback would hurt consumers, but automakers themselves have raised alarms. Last year, 17 major automakers sent the White House a letter saying the reduced standards would hurt their global competitiveness and put American jobs at risk.

Beyond harming the planet and the American economy, these additional emissions will increase the number of pollution-related deaths and illnesses. Air pollution already kills 130,000 Americans each year. The growing links between Covid-19 fatality rates and air quality make this issue more urgent than ever.

For a half-century, the Clean Air Act has helped us all breathe easier. Now, we must defend our right to clean air as if our lives depend on it, because they do.

.. Most of the air pollution takes place due to the burning of fossil fuels such as coal, oil, gasoline to produce energy for electricity or transportation.

Pollution: "the presence in or introduction into the environment of a substance or thing that has harmful or poisonous effects."

It most certainly is not. There has always been pollution.

Joe Manchin has a solution to lower the population

Finally a Democrat who gets it

The democrat hostility toward life is most certainly NOT proof of any so-called "overpopulation."

The democrat hostility toward life is most certainly NOT proof of any so-called "overpopulation."
I'm sitting on 65 acres right now. Certainly doesn't seem overpopulated up here. But then it would suck if you all spread out and moved up here. Then "we'd" have to share. No thanks. You could never afford 65 acres boy. Unfortunately you have 3 generations living under one roof. Or will someday. You'll say how nice to have the family together. Not just on holidays though. 365 24/7. And when the pandemic hits then you'll be stuck together for over a year in isolation.

Meanwhile I'm on 65 acres. All alone. Lonely boy.

P.S. Didn't work out with the doctor lady. Too chubby. Checked all the other boxes but this one's a deal breaker. If I can't get it up then.....next. Plus she didn't like the age difference. Almost 11 years. I told her I'm retiring in 11 years she's telling me she has frozen eggs and wants to have twins. NEXT.

Actually I told her it would be perfect. In 11 years the kids would be 10 and I'd be a stay at home dad. She didn't seem to like that idea. I don't think she understood I have a lot of money already saved. She probably thought I meant she'd be taking care of both of us financially. It didn't matter. She was fat and I can't stand that.

Forum List

Back