Fantastic, Prescient 1948 Cartoon: A Must See!

Discussion in 'Humor' started by PoliticalChic, May 26, 2010.

1. PoliticalChic

PoliticalChic Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25,097
    [youtube]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bhtq13ACvU8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bhtq13ACvU8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

I'm going to show this to my children...and to the children on the USMB.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 3
  2. Mr.Fitnah

Mr.Fitnah Dreamcrusher

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,673
    Here is a copy free of the audio editorials .
    Dr Utopia's cure all "Ism"

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVh75ylAUXY&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Make Mine Freedom (1948)[/ame]

3. rightwinger

rightwinger Paid Messageboard Poster Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +45,541
    I have seen this in the past........For the time, it provides a very good perspective

Better than what we get out of the right wing today

4. Mr.Fitnah

Mr.Fitnah Dreamcrusher

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,673
    The money shot comes @ 8:25

5. midcan5

midcan5 liberal / progressive

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,310
    I missed the prescience? Those words, where they are accurate, are still accurate.

You may want to suggest that to the Texas legislator as they want an equally watered-down history. I like how they missed the natives, slavery, sweatshops, child labor, working conditions, financial hooligans, pollution, auto gridlock, senseless war deficits, depression, and environmental spoilage, but hey, if that is your dream, enjoy it.

This view of America is at least a bit real.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtREqAmLsoA]YouTube - American Stories, American Solutions: 30 Minute Special[/ame]

"On moral grounds, then, we could argue for a flat income tax of 90 percent to return that wealth to its real owners. In the United States, even a flat tax of 70 percent would support all governmental programs (about half the total tax) and allow payment, with the remainder, of a patrimony of about $8,000 per annum per inhabitant, or $25,000 for a family of three. This would generously leave with the original recipients of the income about three times what, according to my rough guess, they had earned." UBI and the Flat Tax

6. PoliticalChic

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25,097

While you may hide from it, the 'isms' are those of the left, communism, progressivism, libealism...you know, the ones that honor the collective over the individual.

From “The Black Book of Communism: Crimes, Terror, Repression,” which is a compilation of research edited by French scholar Stephane Courtois, totals over 100 million victims of Communist murder during the 20th Century.

"[Paul Hollander] is best known for his now-classic book Political Pilgrims, which examined the phenomenon of twentieth-century Western intellectuals who allowed themselves to be seduced and duped by radical revolutionary regimes of the most patent despotism and brutality. How and why did so many intelligent, cultivated, and educated people come to believe such obvious nonsense? Pilgrims was a tragicomic study of how the cherished ideas of the self-important can so easily overwhelm their common sense, and how education can serve to blind as well as to enlighten."
    Between Experience and Reflection by Theodore Dalrymple, City Journal 27 April 2009

"...since the publication of The Black Book of Communism, there are no excuses for not knowing the truth about Communism. I would go further and say that there have been no excuses since the liquidation of the kulaks."
    Closed Minds by Claire Berlinski, City Journal 18 May 2010

7. PoliticalChic

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25,097

This was initiated in politics, not humor.

Whoever moved it, please replace it.

8. PoliticalChic

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25,097
    I'm sure you realize that the 'isms' are those that place a higher value on the collective rather than the individual...

Those would be Communism, Nazism, Fascism, Progressivism, Liberalism....

as opposed to Conservativism.

9. PoliticalChic

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25,097
    What total nonsense.

I believe in the 'gates test' for nations and societies.

When the gates are lifted, to folks run in or out?

Wall Street Journal columnist Peggy Noonan:
    "We are the oldest continuing democracy in the world. . . . We don't make refugees, we admit them. When the rich of the world get sick, they come here to be treated, and when their children come of age, they send them here to our universities. We have a supple political system open to reform, and a wildly diverse culture that has moments of stress but plenty of give. . . . The point is that while terrible challenges face us -- improving a sick public education system, ending the easy-money culture, rebuilding the economy -- we are building from an extraordinary, brilliant, and enduring base."

10. paperview

paperview Life is Good

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,149
    O dear lord. Now a common suffix is a diabolical left device.

I swear. Where do you people come from?