Family That Owns Walmart Makes $100 million a day

But screw that noise, we have to raise the minimum age on social security and medicare, maybe even gut those programs further, right?
Nobody said that but you.

Really? What do you want to do with extreme income inequality? How do you feel about Social Security and Medicare and who should be paying into it? What is your little government solution, you brought up the problem which is great...but that doesn't get us anywhere.

What are your thoughts on the minimum wage?

I am a former business owner, a former college economics teacher, a believer in capitalism & private enterprise, but man, this is ridiculous. Talk about things "Gone Wild", this might take the cake.

The Waltons who own Walmart, are the wealthiest family in the world with a net worth of $190 Billion.

They are raking in $70K/minute...…………. $4 million/hour...……….$100 Million/day...……..

Wouldn't you think with all that money coming in, these money gobblers could >>>

• provide us some decent shopping carts

• have all their cashier lanes open (instead of less than half)

• pay their employees a living wage

• have a reasonable level of armed security guards

• sell the stuff we want to buy (so we don't have to go online)

• JEEEZ!
Oh, I can already hear my conservative pals saying >> yeah, but there are EXPENSES, that must be enormous. True, but that is somewhat, diffused by the impressive collection of vintage cars, of Rob Walton, including a $15 Million Daytona Coupe that he carelessly wrecked, running it off the road. Add to that Alice Walton's $500 Million art collection, and net worths of all these siblings of tens of Billions$$$$$$$$$$

The family that owns Walmart makes $100 million every day

Not to defend Wal-Mart, and I seldom darken their doors …. although I do Sam's Club. But during the HC debates back in 2009, their board was more or less saying they didn't mind providing HC for workers, just so long as all their competitors had to too. Now Obamacare didn't really work out that way, but a free and transparent market does not have to fail just because some limits are put on what capital can force workers to take. Workers with too much power can tank capital too, though. As the UAW did to GM in the 80s
Still no excuse for those shopping carts. :doubt:
"Look after the pennies and the dollars will take care of themselves."
Don't like the carts go somewhere else to shop.

What concern is it of yours what kind of car any of the Walton's drive or the how much art they collect? It's none of your fucking business.
Dumb ass! What concern it is, is listed in the OP. Are you stupid ?

Yeah, all I really see is whining about art collections, vintage cars, and, buggies from a retard too stupid to stop giving them business. Take your dollars elsewhere.

I am a former business owner, a former college economics teacher, a believer in capitalism & private enterprise, but man, this is ridiculous. Talk about things "Gone Wild", this might take the cake.

The Waltons who own Walmart, are the wealthiest family in the world with a net worth of $190 Billion.

They are raking in $70K/minute...…………. $4 million/hour...……….$100 Million/day...……..

Wouldn't you think with all that money coming in, these money gobblers could >>>

• JEEEZ!
Oh, I can already hear my conservative pals saying >> yeah, but there are EXPENSES, that must be enormous. True, but that is somewhat, diffused by the impressive collection of vintage cars, of Rob Walton, including a $15 Million Daytona Coupe that he carelessly wrecked, running it off the road. Add to that Alice Walton's $500 Million art collection, and net worths of all these siblings of tens of Billions$$$$$$$$$$

If they made $100M a day they would be worth a lot more than $190B

• JEEEZ!

Why would they do any of that when obviously what Walmart is doing now is WORKING? in general the shareholders are happy and the customers are happy.

If it ain't broke don't fix it.

However if you don't like the state of affairs at Walmart, do what I do, don't shop there.
Are you feeling OK ? I noted in the OP that NO, the customers are NOT happy.

The shopping carts suck, the lines are too long and slow (due to minimal cashier lanes open), insufficient security (forgot El Paso already ?), etc

• JEEEZ!

Personally I would actually trickle the money down to my employees after ten million because of the fact I do not need the billions of dollars but it is their money so let them enjoy their wealth their father left them...

Is that revenue or profit?
OP accounted for that.

Read it again, starting with >>"yeah but there are EXPENSES..."

Actually it doesn't because business expenses are not the same as household expenses.

I can't play the video, so I can't get the whole picture.

Again I ask, is the $100M a day the net/gross revenue of walmart per day, or is it the profit taken by the Waltons.

Either way say $36 Billion per year.

From wikipedia:

Revenue US$514.405 billion (2019)
Operating income US$21.957 billion (2019)
Net income US$6.67 billion (2019)

So revenue is actually $1.4 Billion per day (wow)
Operating income is $60 Million per day
and net revenue is $18.2 Million per day.

So the $100M was probably based on Operating income, and heavily rounded.

Actually it doesn't because business expenses are not the same as household expenses.

Again I ask, is the $100M a day the net/gross revenue of walmart per day, or is it the profit taken by the Waltons.

From wikipedia:

Oh God, thank God some of these people weren't my students, I'd have gone crazy.

Dude, the $100 Million/day is GROSS.

Point is when they have multimillion$$ car and art collections$$$, they could provide better shopping carts, more cashiers, and better SECURITY. GET IT ? Or is SUCKER your middle name ?

From wikipedia:

Oh God, thank God some of these people weren't my students, I'd have gone crazy.

Dude, the $100 Million/day is GROSS.

Then it really isn't the Waltons making it.

What they MAKE is any salary they take from the company, and any profits they take from the company.

it is their money so let them enjoy their wealth their father left them...
I would if it wasn't resulting in annoying shopping, and shoppers getting killed by mass shooters.

Wow. I didn't open this thread to have USMB's stupid sector displayed.

1. Your source is MSN clickbait citing a Time magazine video citing bloomberg

2. The store's revenue is not their income
It's their GROSS income, I trust you know what that means. This shouldn't be hard to understand. Really shouldn't. :rolleyes:

I always seem to get a cart that, somehow, has a flat spot in it so the cart goes "thunk, thunk, thunk" all around the store.

th

I rarely shop Walmart but when I do invariably I get a text saying "mom, you're lost again"...freaking stores are too big

Forum List

Back