Family That Owns Walmart Makes $100 million a day

protectionist

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2013
I am a former business owner, a former college economics teacher, a believer in capitalism & private enterprise, but man, this is ridiculous. Talk about things "Gone Wild", this might take the cake.

The Waltons who own Walmart, are the wealthiest family in the world with a net worth of $190 Billion.

They are raking in $70K/minute...…………. $4 million/hour...……….$100 Million/day...……..

Wouldn't you think with all that money coming in, these money gobblers could >>>

• provide us some decent shopping carts

• have all their cashier lanes open (instead of less than half)

• pay their employees a living wage

• have a reasonable level of armed security guards

• sell the stuff we want to buy (so we don't have to go online)

• JEEEZ!
Oh, I can already hear my conservative pals saying >> yeah, but there are EXPENSES, that must be enormous. True, but that is somewhat, diffused by the impressive collection of vintage cars, of Rob Walton, including a $15 Million Daytona Coupe that he carelessly wrecked, running it off the road. Add to that Alice Walton's $500 Million art collection, and net worths of all these siblings of tens of Billions$$$$$$$$$$

The family that owns Walmart makes $100 million every day

I am a former business owner, a former college economics teacher, a believer in capitalism & private enterprise, but man, this is ridiculous. Talk about things "Gone Wild", this might take the cake.

The Waltons who own Walmart, are the wealthiest family in the world with a net worth of $190 billion.

They are raking in $70K/minute...…………. $4 million/hour...……….$100 Million/day...……..

Wouldn't you think with all that money coming in, these money gobblers could >>>

• JEEEZ!
Oh, I can already hear my conservative pals saying >> yeah, but there are EXPENSES, that must be enormous. True, but that is somewhat, diffused by the impressive collection of vintage cars, of Rob Walton, including a $15 Million Daytona Coupe that he carelessly wrecked, running it off the road. Add to that Alice Walton's $500 Million art collection, and net worths of all these siblings of tens of Billions$$$$$$$$$$

From selling out The American Worker in favor of Chinese Slave Labor.

Wealth Envy doesn't look good on you, Comrade.

The one thing I will give them credit for is, they are one of the companies that are closing up stores in China, and reopening them in the USA. (partially due to Trump's tariffs)

The Waltons who own Walmart, are the wealthiest family in the world with a net worth of $190 Billion.

• JEEEZ!

Not to defend Wal-Mart, and I seldom darken their doors …. although I do Sam's Club. But during the HC debates back in 2009, their board was more or less saying they didn't mind providing HC for workers, just so long as all their competitors had to too. Now Obamacare didn't really work out that way, but a free and transparent market does not have to fail just because some limits are put on what capital can force workers to take. Workers with too much power can tank capital too, though. As the UAW did to GM in the 80s

• JEEEZ!

They're going to keep tall that money unless laws are passed for higher wages and increased taxes. But screw that noise, we have to raise the minimum age on social security and medicare, maybe even gut those programs further, right?

• JEEEZ!

Not to defend Wal-Mart, and I seldom darken their doors …. although I do Sam's Club. But during the HC debates back in 2009, their board was more or less saying they didn't mind providing HC for workers, just so long as all their competitors had to too. Now Obamacare didn't really work out that way, but a free and transparent market does not have to fail just because some limits are put on what capital can force workers to take. Workers with too much power can tank capital too, though. As the UAW did to GM in the 80s
Still no excuse for those shopping carts. :doubt:

Wealth Envy doesn't look good on you, Comrade.
What "envy" ? If I had all that money I'd still be driving my 2013 Chrysler 200, with 67,000 miles on it.

What concern is it of yours what kind of car any of the Walton's drive or the how much art they collect? It's none of your fucking business.

When their employees are on food stamps it is.

Report: Walmart Workers Cost Taxpayers $6.2 Billion In Public Assistance

• JEEEZ!

Is that revenue or profit?

• JEEEZ!

Why would they do any of that when obviously what Walmart is doing now is WORKING? in general the shareholders are happy and the customers are happy.

If it ain't broke don't fix it.

However if you don't like the state of affairs at Walmart, do what I do, don't shop there.

What concern is it of yours what kind of car any of the Walton's drive or the how much art they collect? It's none of your fucking business.
Dumb ass! What concern it is, is listed in the OP. Are you stupid ?

• JEEEZ!

Still no excuse for those shopping carts. :doubt:

I absolutely hate Wal-Mart. I had to buy a tire there this spring. I think it leaks slowly. And I felt like I was in the waiting room at a bus station in a country I don't want to live in.

Forum List

Back