Family of Marine killed in Afghanistan stuck with $3,200 bill for his highway memorial sign

From the OP link:

The Schmitz family has fundraised enough money to pay the $3,200 bill via a GoFundMe set up to cover the cost of the signs.

Thank God for that.

Missouri is too busy passing transgender related stuff....
An emergency order by Attorney General Andrew Bailey, which is scheduled to go into effect Thursday, will stop new patients from receiving gender-affirming care unless they pass multiple screenings and have three years of documented gender dysphoria.

If you read the article it tells you that they are trying to stop the billing for these signs (which is customary by the way).
But they too busy with transgendered stuff....

Yes, a Republican leaning state... that is all you need to hear to know why this is the Priority of this state. Again.. denying medical care..
For God sakes Hayab, do you think a creepy robotic monstrosity makes your posts more intelligent? It's just the opposite.

The link says the family was able to raise the funds but what do these memorial signs look like? Are they on the interstate and maintained by the state of Missouri or they random memorials like we see on the side of the road all over the Country?
If a family can't scrounge up 3,200.00 there is definitely something wrong with this Republican voting state
Great article. Full of surprises. Well not really. Truth be told Republicans hate the poor, the vet's, the elderly. OK I will stop.
Republicans only love the rich.

I know what deannalw will do.... Disagree :abgg2q.jpg:

Last edited:

Family of Marine killed in Afghanistan stuck with $3,200 bill for his highway memorial sign

The state of Missouri sent a bill for more than $3,000 to the parents of a U.S. Marine killed in Afghanistan for memorial signs honoring the man's military service.

Lance Corporal Jared Schmitz was among 13 U.S. service members and more than 100 Afghans killed in a suicide bombing at the Kabul airport during the American withdrawal from Afghanistan in August 2021.

Holy cow Missouri, way to honor our fallen troops!

Hopefully we can all agree this is fucked up.

He'd still be alive today if it weren't for biden.

He'd still be alive today if it weren't for biden.

This is correct, but that has no bearing on the actions of the state in this matter.

No...it's about joe and his completely fucked up withdrawal plan.

Yes he did. But again, that is not the topic of the thread.

Do you agree with the state charging the parents for this?

I don't mean to sound insensitive, but was it truly necessary to ask for a sign that is so expensive if the payment for it does have to come from the family billfold?

God bless you and them always!!!

Holly

P.S. I am only trying to point out that there are other ways to honor and remember a lost loved one whether they served in the military or not.

I don't mean to sound insensitive, but was it truly necessary to ask for a sign that is so expensive if the payment for it does have to come from the family billfold?

God bless you and them always!!!

Holly

P.S. I am only trying to point out that there are other ways to honor and remember a lost loved one whether they served in the military or not.
I'm a Vet and I agree with the post. What's the deal with Missouri. If every Veteran was memorialized on the highway there would be no room for traffic signs,.

Forum List

Back