Family of Marine killed in Afghanistan stuck with $3,200 bill for his highway memorial sign

Harpy Eagle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2017

Family of Marine killed in Afghanistan stuck with $3,200 bill for his highway memorial sign

The state of Missouri sent a bill for more than $3,000 to the parents of a U.S. Marine killed in Afghanistan for memorial signs honoring the man's military service.

Lance Corporal Jared Schmitz was among 13 U.S. service members and more than 100 Afghans killed in a suicide bombing at the Kabul airport during the American withdrawal from Afghanistan in August 2021.

Holy cow Missouri, way to honor our fallen troops!

Hopefully we can all agree this is fucked up.

The state of Missouri sent a bill for more than $3,000 to the parents of a U.S. Marine killed in Afghanistan for memorial signs honoring the man's military service.

Lance Corporal Jared Schmitz was among 13 U.S. service members and more than 100 Afghans killed in a suicide bombing at the Kabul airport during the American withdrawal from Afghanistan in August 2021.

Holy cow Missouri, way to honor our fallen troops!

Hopefully we can all agree this is fucked up.
B2FD5D2D-9EB4-408D-895A-1358CB59A7BE.jpeg

I don't see the big deal.....They wanted them, they gotta pay for them, that's how it works in Virginia.

Usually folks will have a community type of event, a Go Fund Me, or find a sponsor to come up with the cash. Its done at cost.

Typical fuckin' leftist thinking feeling the state should provide all their wants and needs.

That's definitely fucked up.

It looks like some are working on doing away with the practice though, so there's that.

The family should be reimbursed.

That's definitely fucked up.

It looks like some are working on doing away with the practice though, so there's that.

The family should be reimbursed.

It is good to see they are trying to correct this so it will not happen in the future.

I don't see the big deal.....They wanted them, they gotta pay for them, that's how it works in Virginia.

Usually folks will have a community type of event, a Go Fund Me, or find a sponsor to come up with the cash. Its done at cost.

Typical fuckin' leftist thinking feeling the state should provide all their wants and needs.
Bingo.

I mean is every single fallen service member going to have a highway named after them for free?

Is it the families asking for a memorial or the state just doing it?

Do you think making the family pay for this honors their son?
I think putting the signs up honors their son.
Just because there wasn’t a mechanism in place to have the state pay for it all doesn’t make people evil. Your own article says the family already raised the money from GoFundMe. They also already passed a law to not bill the families.

And yes, Biden has a lot to do with it since he ordered the military to stand down when they were tracking the suicide bomber right before the attack. The blood of those Marines is on his hands.

I think putting the signs up honors their son.
Just because there wasn’t a mechanism in place to have the state pay for it all doesn’t make people evil. Your own article says the family already raised the money from GoFundMe.

It should not be necessary for the family to do such a thing.

Should our Veterans be charged to use the VA medical centers?

Missouri is too busy passing transgender related stuff....
An emergency order by Attorney General Andrew Bailey, which is scheduled to go into effect Thursday, will stop new patients from receiving gender-affirming care unless they pass multiple screenings and have three years of documented gender dysphoria.

If you read the article it tells you that they are trying to stop the billing for these signs (which is customary by the way).
But they too busy with transgendered stuff....

Yes, a Republican leaning state... that is all you need to hear to know why this is the Priority of this state. Again.. denying medical care..

The link says the family was able to raise the funds but what do these memorial signs look like? Are they on the interstate and maintained by the state of Missouri or they random memorials like we see on the side of the road all over the Country?

Forum List

Back