Family Guy Crosses the Line

We don't watch Family Guy in my house. Never have. My issue with shows like The Simpsons, Family Guy and South Park is that there are many clueless adults out there who think because they are cartoons, they are appropriate for children, when they are NOT. I'm shocked at the number of kids under......say 10, who can quote every line of these shows. Don't get me wrong. I have a healthy bawdy sense of humor.......with other adults, but these shows are not family fair and usually are outrageous for the sake of being outrageous.

to put it simply, the show is for ADULTS who are intelligent enough to make the distinction between comedy and real life.

It's not for people who are thin skinned. If you're offended easily, you simply shouldn't watch the show.

Uhhhh....kind on my point. I'm not offended easily. I appreciate adult humor. I realize it is for adults. I didn't and don't watch the show because there were impressionable children in the house who don't need to see dad watching it and laughing at what he tells them isn't appropriate behavior for their age. Also, I control what can be seen and he isn't allowed to flip thru the channels and watch it on his own. Family Guy is adult and as such, it usually always crosses some line in most of the shows I have seen.

Part of my point is that there are clueless adults who "think" because it is a cartoon, it is OK for kids to watch. These are the same folks who watch cable news channels and think that because it is a "news" channel, that Hannity or Maddow are reporting facts and news. No, Shepherd Smith reports the news. Hannity gives you his spin on current events.

The number of adults in the world who do not have the powers of discernment is astounding.

We don't watch Family Guy in my house. Never have. My issue with shows like The Simpsons, Family Guy and South Park is that there are many clueless adults out there who think because they are cartoons, they are appropriate for children, when they are NOT. I'm shocked at the number of kids under......say 10, who can quote every line of these shows. Don't get me wrong. I have a healthy bawdy sense of humor.......with other adults, but these shows are not family fair and usually are outrageous for the sake of being outrageous.

to put it simply, the show is for ADULTS who are intelligent enough to make the distinction between comedy and real life.

It's not for people who are thin skinned. If you're offended easily, you simply shouldn't watch the show.

Uhhhh....kind on my point. I'm not offended easily. I appreciate adult humor. I realize it is for adults. I didn't and don't watch the show because there were impressionable children in the house who don't need to see dad watching it and laughing at what he tells them isn't appropriate behavior for their age. Also, I control what can be seen and he isn't allowed to flip thru the channels and watch it on his own. Family Guy is adult and as such, it usually always crosses some line in most of the shows I have seen.

Part of my point is that there are clueless adults who "think" because it is a cartoon, it is OK for kids to watch. These are the same folks who watch cable news channels and think that because it is a "news" channel, that Hannity or Maddow are reporting facts and news. No, Shepherd Smith reports the news. Hannity gives you his spin on current events.

The number of adults in the world who do not have the powers of discernment is astounding.

I'm not sure how "parents" can confuse the show with something a child should watch.

That isn't parenting. That's failure.

they sure know how to get more viewers / advertisement for their show

Um…did that really happen? And on Fox? Last night’s episode featured a “unique” story line where character Chris Griffin was dating a girl with Down’s Syndrome. A dangerous territory for comedy to be sure, that turned ugly, when Ellen (the character with Down’s Syndrome) revealed that her mother was the former governor of Alaska. Cue deserved outrage…now!

In order for the Family Guy to have crossed the line, they would have first had to cross back into the realm of decency.

Um…did that really happen? And on Fox? Last night’s episode featured a “unique” story line where character Chris Griffin was dating a girl with Down’s Syndrome. A dangerous territory for comedy to be sure, that turned ugly, when Ellen (the character with Down’s Syndrome) revealed that her mother was the former governor of Alaska. Cue deserved outrage…now!

In order for the Family Guy to have crossed the line, they would have first had to cross back into the realm of decency.

This was the point I was making.

The show has already been a disgusting display of indecency for over 10 years.

Why be outraged about something NOW?

I hope these complainers form a group to point out every time family guy and south park cross the line so I make sure to know what episodes to watch.

I've been watching the show for years now. I understand its humor, and it doesn't offend me because I know it's "just satire :D"

I've probably seen every episode, and I can be pretty damn sure that there hasn't been a single time I've viewed the show where there was a firearm being pointed at my head, or any other form of outside coercion to watch.

I wasn't saying that Family Guy was a disgusting display of indecency.

I think it is a fucking hilarious display of indecency.

I wasn't saying that Family Guy was a disgusting display of indecency.

I think it is a fucking hilarious display of indecency.

Eh, same thing. :lol:

Family Guy - Trig Palin | TV | Mediaite

I like Family Guy, but it's a fact that Seth MacFarlane is an Obamabot and partisan hack and his politics sometime get injected into the show. I wish he'd stop, because most of the time he's pretty funny.

I like Family Guy, but it's a fact that Seth MacFarlane is an Obamabot and partisan hack and his politics sometime get injected into the show. I wish he'd stop, because most of the time he's pretty funny.

its still funny, just partisan

Family Guys crossed the line a long time ago.
What do people really expect, it is Family Guy? If you don't like it, turn the channel.

Get back to me when one of these shows "crosses the line" and ridicules one of the Obama girls. Kids are off limits. Esp. handicapped ones.

Um... they don't care who is off limits, with the Jesus episodes being proof of that.
And people call liberals the PC ones.:lol:

Get back to me when one of these shows "crosses the line" and ridicules one of the Obama girls. Kids are off limits. Esp. handicapped ones.

HA!

South Park did a number on Michael Jackson's kid and I never heard a peep from anyone, and they actually specifically referenced the child in that episode when referring to him as "blanket".

The Family Guy episode never mentioned Palin, Trig, or anything about the family except the vague Alaska governor reference. Not to mention, Trig is a baby boy and the Family Guy character was a teenage girl.

All anyone can do is speculate that it was a reference to the Palin family.

Forum List

Back