Bill Maher puts his foot in his mouth, again

Philobeado

Gold Member
Apr 8, 2009
Gulf of Mexico Coast, Texas
Bill Maher Saturday said America loves its military members the way disgraced football player Michael Vick loves dogs.

In his HBO special "Bill Maher...But I'm Not Wrong," the outspoken comedian went on a vulgarity-laden two-minute rant against Republicans and the troops.

BILL MAHER: For the longest time, every Republican election has been based on some sentimental bulls**t: the flag, or the flagpin, or the Pledge, or the, "It's morning in America." Bill Clinton got a blowjob in the Oval Office. And the Dixie Chicks insulted President Bush on foreign soil. And when that happens, it hurts the feelings of our troops. And then Tinkerbell's light goes out and she dies. Yes, yes, the love of our troops, the ultimate in fake patriotism. Are you kidding? The troops, we pay them like s**t, we f**k them and trick them on deployment, we nickel and dime them on medical care when they get home, not to mention the stupid wars that we send them to. Yeah, we love the troops the way Michael Vick loves dogs. You know how I would feel supported if I was a troop overseas? If the people back home were clamoring to get me out of this pointless errands. That's how I would feel supported. But, you know, don't hold your breath on that one fellas because, you know, when America invades a country, we love you long time. Seriously, we never, we leave like Irish relatives: not at all.

Honestly, is this REALLY what HBO wants broadcast on its network?

Maher: America Loves Its Troops 'The Way Michael Vick Loves Dogs' | NewsBusters.org

Bill Maher Saturday said America loves its military members the way disgraced football player Michael Vick loves dogs.

In his HBO special "Bill Maher...But I'm Not Wrong," the outspoken comedian went on a vulgarity-laden two-minute rant against Republicans and the troops.

BILL MAHER: For the longest time, every Republican election has been based on some sentimental bulls**t: the flag, or the flagpin, or the Pledge, or the, "It's morning in America." Bill Clinton got a blowjob in the Oval Office. And the Dixie Chicks insulted President Bush on foreign soil. And when that happens, it hurts the feelings of our troops. And then Tinkerbell's light goes out and she dies. Yes, yes, the love of our troops, the ultimate in fake patriotism. Are you kidding? The troops, we pay them like s**t, we f**k them and trick them on deployment, we nickel and dime them on medical care when they get home, not to mention the stupid wars that we send them to. Yeah, we love the troops the way Michael Vick loves dogs. You know how I would feel supported if I was a troop overseas? If the people back home were clamoring to get me out of this pointless errands. That's how I would feel supported. But, you know, don't hold your breath on that one fellas because, you know, when America invades a country, we love you long time. Seriously, we never, we leave like Irish relatives: not at all.

Maher: America Loves Its Troops 'The Way Michael Vick Loves Dogs' | NewsBusters.org

He's not wrong. Why don't you go look at the number of soldiers who have had to stay well beyond their initial employment contract. Or the number of soldiers who get classified as having "personality disorders" instead of PTSD.

Or why don't you go talk to Pat Tillman or countless other families who can't get the truth from the Military about their loved ones death or get the benefits that they well deserve.

And the fact we not only went to Iraq but had troops lose their lives is a tragedy in itself.

He's not ranting against the troops. He's ranting against people like you likely.

Oh, and never mind the fact it took years to get our troops serving overseas to get proper body armor. And to this day, some of them still do not have proper equipment.

Can you ever imagine being a parent who has to go to a pawn shop to get body armor for your son because the government is too cheap to provide it because they feel it is not cost effective for your son to be worth a couple extra hundred dollars? :eusa_eh:

I'd say you put your foot in your mouth, but you just can't seem to get your head out of your ass long enough at one time to do so.

Last edited:

He's not wrong. Why don't you go look at the number of soldiers who have had to stay well beyond their initial employment contract. Or the number of soldiers who get classified as having "personality disorders" instead of PTSD.

Or why don't you go talk to Pat Tillman or countless other families who can't get the truth from the Military about their loved ones death or get the benefits that they well deserve.

And the fact we not only went to Iraq but had troops lose their lives is a tragedy in itself.

He's not ranting against the troops. He's ranting against people like you likely.

They do not have a CONTRACT for deployment dumb ass. Further they signed up for 8 YEARS with the Government via the military getting to decide if any of the time they might have been in the reserve is turned into active duty.

No one violated their contract at all. As for PTSD the VA is working on that as well as the military, perhaps you heard of the Lawsuit that was recently won and the fact that in 2008 the military stopped playing fast and loose with the rules? You as usual are being disingenuous. I won't call you an out right liar.

Oh, and never mind the fact it took years to get our troops serving overseas to get proper body armor. And to this day, some of them still do not have proper equipment.

Can you ever imagine being a parent who has to go to a pawn shop to get body armor for your son because the government is too cheap to provide it because they feel it is not cost effective for your son to be worth a couple extra hundred dollars? :eusa_eh:

I'd say you put your foot in your mouth, but you just can't seem to get your head out of your ass long enough at one time to do so.

There is NO evidence the private body armor was any more effective then what the military provided, FURTHER you may want to discuss money allotted to the military with your Democratic BUDDIES, they are cutting it again.

Bill Maher is a world class douche bag.... i'd spit in his pussy face if I would ever see him. Coward.

There is NO evidence the private body armor was any more effective then what the military provided, FURTHER you may want to discuss money allotted to the military with your Democratic BUDDIES, they are cutting it again.

I'm not a democrat, nor are they my buddies. However, your insults take away from any legitimate points you may or may not had.

I'm not a democrat, nor are they my buddies. However, your insults take away from any legitimate points you may or may not had.

No it does not, you ROUTINELY side with the democrats on almost EVERY issue. I notice you ignored your outright mistake on Military CONTRACTS. And you have no evidence to provide any proof of your second claim.

Nice try to deflect though.

No it does not, you ROUTINELY side with the democrats on almost EVERY issue. I notice you ignored your outright mistake on Military CONTRACTS. And you have no evidence to provide any proof of your second claim.

Nice try to deflect though.

Actually no. I routinely side against the Republicans on almost Every issue. Which doesn't mean I side with the Democrats by default.

I'll address the military contract point later when I get back from class (which I'm heading to now.)

Bill Maher may be feeling inadequate these days so he's cutting loose with another lefty rant to get his name in print. It's how he makes his living.

Having no acting skills and very little talent Maher is becoming passe' and he doesn't like it.

Saying he stuck his foot in his mouth, implies that he feels sorry or embarrassed about what he said. I highly doubt he is either.

And you obviously don't watch HBO very much!

Bill Maher may be feeling inadequate these days so he's cutting loose with another lefty rant to get his name in print. It's how he makes his living.

Having no acting skills and very little talent Maher is becoming passe' and he doesn't like it.

Well I guess it is good that his popular show starts next week.:cuckoo:

Yes, yes, the love of our troops, the ultimate in fake patriotism. Are you kidding? The troops, we pay them like s**t, we f**k them and trick them on deployment, we nickel and dime them on medical care when they get home, not to mention the stupid wars that we send them to. Yeah, we love the troops the way Michael Vick loves dogs.

Isn't this standing up for our troops? Wanting them to get better pay, better medical care, force them to extend deployments?

Foot in mouth? Can you read?

And this is different from the others that make their living off of political punditry in what way?

Oh I'm sorry, I must have missed it, what exactly about this quote is incorrect???

Forum List

Back