Family Guy Crosses the Line

Seth McFarlane is a HUGE flaming liberal... When you watch FG you HAVE to take that into account... Hell, American Dad is just one big huge dig against the right....lol

Earlier seasons of FG weren't as bad, but lately he's really enjoying his digs against the right... And thus far he hasn't even mentioned Barry in a show... Doubt he will, either...

IMHO the show definitely is going downhill as far as laughs, though... I still watch it for the occasional chuckle, but it's definitely not as funny as it used to be...

Seth McFarlane is a HUGE flaming liberal... When you watch FG you HAVE to take that into account... Hell, American Dad is just one big huge dig against the right....lol

Earlier seasons of FG weren't as bad, but lately he's really enjoying his digs against the right... And thus far he hasn't even mentioned Barry in a show... Doubt he will, either...

IMHO the show definitely is going downhill as far as laughs, though... I still watch it for the occasional chuckle, but it's definitely not as funny as it used to be...

I am sure some named syndrome covers it, but it seems all writers think that after making a show successful with little to no political content, that it can suddenly be thrown in unevenly and people will enjoy it. happened to the simpsons, somewhat south park, family guy, etc

The new episodes that air currently were most likely completed a while ago, so while there was certainly time to do some Obama jokes, there wasn't nearly as much available as there will be for the next season.

If he doesn't make Obama parodies in his next season, I'll admit he's an Obamabot.

Otherwise, he's taken his share of shots at the left as well. Certain characters lean left, and certain ones lean more to the right. Brian is obviously a liberal, but Lois tends to be conservative.

Don't forget how he's treated Clinton over the years, and Clinton is a favorite of the left.

The new episodes that air currently were most likely completed a while ago, so while there was certainly time to do some Obama jokes, there wasn't nearly as much available as there will be for the next season.

If he doesn't make Obama parodies in his next season, I'll admit he's an Obamabot.

Otherwise, he's taken his share of shots at the left as well. Certain characters lean left, and certain ones lean more to the right. Brian is obviously a liberal, but Lois tends to be conservative.

Don't forget how he's treated Clinton over the years, and Clinton is a favorite of the left.

Meh...

He portrays Lois as a caricature of the far right...

And his "digs" against Clinton were more to compliment his womanizing...

No way would I say he's an equal opportunity insulter...

I'd be surprised as hell to see anything against 0bama in the show...

Meh...

He portrays Lois as a caricature of the far right...

And his "digs" against Clinton were more to compliment his womanizing...

No way would I say he's an equal opportunity insulter...

I'd be surprised as hell to see anything against 0bama in the show...

I think one could perceive his parodies of Clinton either way, really.

I'd say it's a bit of a stretch to assume he's COMPLIMENTING him, though. I mean, there's really nothing to even compliment. That would assume that all other comedy outlets who have parodied Clinton over the years were all complimenting him too, and I don't see that being the case. Does SNL compliment him when they parody him too? They made a LIVING off of Clinton jokes.

And I definitely don't think he's equal opportunity. It's pretty clear that the show presents a liberal bias.

We know Seth isn't afraid to be racially edgy, though. So I doubt he'd avoid Obama for that reason. We shall see.

Exactly which Republicans has SF attacked?

Bush? Who was POTUS at the time.

Cheney? Who was VPOTUS at the time.

McCain? Who was running for the Presidency.

Sarah Palin? Easy choice.

He's attacked the Clintons many times over the years. He's also "attacked" the "left" several times.

It's obvious the show has a Liberal bias, however it's not to the level of Dailykos.

Also, why is this the joke that is supposedly driving FG "over the line"? I assume it's because they attacked Saint Sarah.

Meh...

He portrays Lois as a caricature of the far right....

And Brian as the far left. And we don't need to go into detail about how often he bashes Brian by using several characters, most notably Stewie.

Um…did that really happen? And on Fox? Last night’s episode featured a “unique” story line where character Chris Griffin was dating a girl with Down’s Syndrome. A dangerous territory for comedy to be sure, that turned ugly, when Ellen (the character with Down’s Syndrome) revealed that her mother was the former governor of Alaska. Cue deserved outrage…now!

Family Guy - Trig Palin | TV | Mediaite

the show has made fun of everything that exists.....including wheelchair bound people,blacks,jews,fat people,gays,.....the list goes on.....in the playboy interview i read a couple weeks ago MacFarlane expected as much....besides the down syndrome people who work on the show said the episode was rather funny....

the show has made fun of everything that exists.....including wheelchair bound people,blacks,jews,fat people,gays,.....the list goes on.....in the playboy interview i read a couple weeks ago MacFarlane expected as much....besides the down syndrome people who work on the show said the episode was rather funny....

And of course there is no outrage for the Michael J. Fox joke from the people in this thread so "outraged". I wouldn't bother too much Harry. They're freaking out since Seth decided to point out one of the flaws in Saint Sarah. :eusa_shhh: :lol:

Um…did that really happen? And on Fox? Last night’s episode featured a “unique” story line where character Chris Griffin was dating a girl with Down’s Syndrome. A dangerous territory for comedy to be sure, that turned ugly, when Ellen (the character with Down’s Syndrome) revealed that her mother was the former governor of Alaska. Cue deserved outrage…now!

Well, Palin did call her own child a retard.

Well, Palin did call her own child a retard.

You got and Documented Source for that?... Or are you going to Make Substanceless Assertions like that Based on Ex-Boyfriends trying to Ride out their Dwindling 15 Minutes?...

What a Scab you are, Zona.

:)

peace...

• Thanks
Reactions: mal

Forum List

Back