Family Dinners Are Good For Teenagers

Last family get-together at my Mom's with my brother and his wife the 3 of them were on their phones, I refusing to own one was teasing them likening their inertness to being zombies (and I wrote a thread to that effect later.) 'The real zombie apocalyse' or something like that. :)

I cannot say how many times I've gone to restaurants to watch a group sit down at a table to eat - each one busy on their cell phones and ignoring their companions.

Why not just go alone? :banghead:

I cannot say how many times I've gone to restaurants to watch a group sit down at a table to eat - each one busy on their cell phones and ignoring their companions.

Why not just go alone? :banghead:
I worked security at night clubs, people dancing while surfing their phones....how rude...

We ate every supper as a family. Drank milk at every meal, got an occasional soda as a treat. Mom made everything from scratch. School lunch was a sandwich and a slice of home made (scratch, not boxed) layer cake wrapped in wax paper. Ten cents for milk. Every day from Kindergarten through HS graduation.

We ate every supper as a family. Drank milk at every meal, got an occasional soda as a treat. Mom made everything from scratch. School lunch was a sandwich and a slice of home made (scratch, not boxed) layer cake wrapped in wax paper. Ten cents for milk. Every day from Kindergarten through HS graduation.
Moms sack lunches were the best

Whaaat? No electronics? At least once every two weeks for the past two years I've been subjected to the parental joys of Epic Rap Battles at dinner. It's a parental duty.

How have you managed to escape live with out it?

Last edited:
A family actually eating dinner together. Without texting or other social media stuff? That would be the biggest revolution in our modern society.

It takes some big-shot researcher to discover this?

Read the article @ Family dinners are good for teenagers mental health and may combat the effects of cyberbullying Mail Online

Some things are just common sense. I've always been a big supporter of family dinners, especially after my wife died. The kids and I eat dinner together as much as possible, although the oldest is away at recruit training for the USMC now.

Forum List

Back