Fake fast-food "strikes" really a front for SEIU union

That's why the workers need a raise, so they can pay all those union dues. After the unions get done with their charges, the workers will find out they are ending up with less than they had before the unions.

While unions had a point at one time, now they are just industry killers, branching out into city killers.

yer an idiot

And you are just about the smartest right winger on this board. It's an honor.

See, you guys will never submit your individuality to the collective. You know better. Even if it takes food off of your table.

You know better. You know the truth. And you'll go to your grave with that understanding.

Sure that's a misguided elitest understanding on your part.

But that's what makes propagandistic brainwashing so thorough and entertaining. You live your life in the service of your economic masters willingly and aggressively at your own expense.

Who needs chains when you're giving it up for free?

it's rare that a leftist lets his guard down like that and openly admits he has no will of his own and that he must follow the hive mind.

Dude, put down the Ayn Rand and think a little. Or are you so weak that a moment in the collective, for your own benefit, will sap your gifted individuality?

While it has been highly publicized that SEIU – Service Employees International Union – backs the fast-food protests, the new revelation shows its paid employees are actually leading and organizing a major component of the movement.

Besides directing the New York contingent, Fast Food Forward has been instrumental in fueling the protests scheduled nationwide.

Fast Food Forward’s president and lead organizer is activist Kendall Fells. He has been widely quoted by news media as simply organizing for the fast-food group. Fells, however, is more than just a Fast Food Forward organizer. He has been a paid SEIU organizer since at least 2007.

In 2007, Fells took in $73,129 as an SEIU organizer.
In 2008, his SEIU salary increased to $95,913. In 2009, Fells made $100,071 from his SEIU efforts. He made a similar salary in 2010.
In 2011, Fells’ SEIU salary jumped to $120,151. Last year, he took in $111,000 as a New York City coordinator for the SEIU.

So the people doing the "protesting" are, in fact, members of the "wealthy 1%" they claim to oppose?

That's why the workers need a raise, so they can pay all those union dues. After the unions get done with their charges, the workers will find out they are ending up with less than they had before the unions.

While unions had a point at one time, now they are just industry killers, branching out into city killers.

That's how the talking point goes - unions are job killers! Why? B/c a fair wage and benefits are
job killers! Why? B/c the monied elites don't get rich by paying a fair wage. And since NAFTA and globalization, why you just might find your job shipped to a country with child / slave labor.

See that's how the logic of it works out. Labor is demeaned even though it creates all the value in this economy.

And for some reason, you're on the side of the monied elites.

Maybe I'm not supposed to get it?

That's how the talking point goes - unions are job killers! Why? B/c a fair wage and benefits are
job killers! Why? B/c the monied elites don't get rich by paying a fair wage. And since NAFTA and globalization, why you just might find your job shipped to a country with child / slave labor.

See that's how the logic of it works out. Labor is demeaned even though it creates all the value in this economy.

You do realize that labor is a commodity just like anything else.. right? So, given your thinking... why can't Nike charge $450 for tennis shoes? I mean, as long as they deem that a fair price?

You're certainly doing a bang up job of someoen who doesn't get it. Of your responses, not one has really tried to defend your position. Of course the "the rich are out to screw you" meme is pretty indefensible.
I thought Marxism was dead in the real world.

Yaknow (very little), I would call you a parrot but that would demean the intelligence of our feathered friends. One of my sons worked in IT, no benefits as he was a contract employee. Finally he got fed up and went to work for UPS. Less salary, but not by much and during peak a bit more, plus wonderful Teamster Benefits.

You have no idea how ignorant your post(s) are, and that's sad.

You do realize that labor is a commodity just like anything else.. right? So, given your thinking... why can't Nike charge $450 for tennis shoes? I mean, as long as they deem that a fair price?
Have you seen the price of Nike shoes? That's not too far off. And considering the company's documented problem using slave child labor, I'd say you might want to choose another industry to make your point that markets should dictate wages.

Of course no one has a gun to the heads of the plutocratic crowd making them pay terrible wages with no benefits. And Labor, where else are they going to go? Used to be that government protected the rights of the worker. But that's pretty much dead. Just like the US's manufacturing base. You see organized collective bargaining is much much more effective than every man for himself.

The 'go it alone' strategy in contract negotiations works like shit b/c the monied elites hold all the bargaining chips. With labor, there is only strength in numbers.

Standing alone, labor is dead in the water. And people like you happily refer to these people with lives performing necessary work as a commodity.

And not to put to fine a point on it but Labor is oranized at a 6 or 7 percent clip in private industry. Apparently that's far too much for the proponents of the monied elite.

You're certainly doing a bang up job of someoen who doesn't get it. Of your responses, not one has really tried to defend your position. Of course the "the rich are out to screw you" meme is pretty indefensible.

I had no idea you were going to tail me in every thread making the same disjointed point time after time.

Class war is over Buddy and the rich have conquered.

Did you see The Empire Strikes Back?
That was great.

Remember Jabba the Hut?
He was so fat and disgusting.

Remember that little lizard that ran around licking Jabba?

Was that you?

Marxism is pretty much dead in the real world, but The RED SCARE is alive and well. Dumb shits like you and other callous conservatives demean labor and working men and women. Why, I have no idea other than jealousy, but you and your kind do, and the power elite do also.

The great irony being that morons like you, and the greed of Wall Street, are the two most likely suspects if a resurgence of far left ideologies occur. All it takes is a strong and charismatic leader to take us back to the labor strike of the early 20th Century.

Last edited:

Have you seen the price of Nike shoes? That's not too far off. And considering the company's documented problem using slave child labor, I'd say you might want to choose another industry to make your point that markets should dictate wages.

Of course no one has a gun to the heads of the plutocratic crowd making them pay terrible wages with no benefits. And Labor, where else are they going to go? Used to be that government protected the rights of the worker. But that's pretty much dead. Just like the US's manufacturing base. You see organized collective bargaining is much much more effective than every man for himself.

The 'go it alone' strategy in contract negotiations works like shit b/c the monied elites hold all the bargaining chips. With labor, there is only strength in numbers.

Standing alone, labor is dead in the water. And people like you happily refer to these people with lives performing necessary work as a commodity.

And not to put to fine a point on it but Labor is oranized at a 6 or 7 percent clip in private industry. Apparently that's far too much for the proponents of the monied elite.

The monied elites?

Whatever... at the end of the day, if there was a shortage of fast-food workers and a high demand, the price would go up. Unfortunately, there' an endless supply of people only qualified to press pictures on a cash register.. hence the low wage.

Go get an engineering degree.. I hear that pays real well.

:lol:

Speaking of talking points......

The monied elites?

Whatever... at the end of the day, if there was a shortage of fast-food workers and a high demand, the price would go up. Unfortunately, there' an endless supply of people only qualified to press pictures on a cash register.. hence the low wage.

Scab labor needs to be interviewed, have background checks and be trained. All of which takes time and money. Then, the scab labor will make the same demands as those employed in FF today.

Take a class in creative thinking. I hear it prevents being looked upon as an ignoramus.

Ask Hostess how unionization worked out. Then go to Stockton, San Bernardino, Mammoth Lakes, don't forget Detroit. People who relied on the pensions the unions promised are now going to lose those pensions. But, the money the union got isn't going anywhere, they got it and they will keep it.

The unions had a place, but when they started using the union money to serve the union bosses, they lost that place. The workers aren't protesting. The union has to hire rent a mobs to come and protest. What part of that don't you get?

Ask Hostess how unionization worked out. Then go to Stockton, San Bernardino, Mammoth Lakes, don't forget Detroit. People who relied on the pensions the unions promised are now going to lose those pensions. But, the money the union got isn't going anywhere, they got it and they will keep it.

The unions had a place, but when they started using the union money to serve the union bosses, they lost that place. The workers aren't protesting. The union has to hire rent a mobs to come and protest. What part of that don't you get?

Well said

don't most fast food employees know/understand the basics of overhead? for all we know, if u ask the ones who are protesting what "Overhead" means, you can only imagine the answers.

The monied elites?

Granted you're a brainiac but much of the population is suited for labor and will rise no higher. The average IQ is what, 110, and half the people out there are dumber than that. So we will have a lot of broom pushers and greeters.

Why should they have to suffer when there are bustout humanitarian CEOS with their $80,000 throw rugs in their offices? Share the spoils of what Labor produces.

But you seem to have a problem with fair pay and you'll take whatever is thrown down at you. You could do better but, for some unknown reason, you are too good for collective bargaining.

Is it b/c you identify with the monied elites? Are you better than your colleagues?

Who wants a degree in engineering? Trains are on the way out. Tooooot tooooot. hahahaha.

I'm not sure what you're saying. Are you saying that the unions stole the pension funds at those companies? B/c the record for Organized Labor is abysmal. Unions always make concessions and always get screwed into the ground by private owners. Seems to me that it wasn't union activity that brought Hostess down, management failed spectacularly.

And for some reason, every time a company fails, some guy like you blames it on the worker instead of the incompetent / crooked owner-manager.

Why is that? Labor has as much at stake as any company owner. Why do you side with the rich instead of your own economic peers?

Hostess Maneuver Deprived Pension - WSJ.com

Illegal, incompetent management ...but it's all Labor's fault. I don't think so.

Yo Burger Flipper, have a question for you. In the world of business. what is the definition of "Overhead".
Burger Flipper: Uhm, ahh, err, Overhead? is that like the heating vents over my head?

Forum List

Back