Faith & Skepticism

Powerman said:
Right I probably would because I know that's how it works. How come no one has ever seen him. And if someone has then why not the rest of us? Does God love that one person more than us?

How do you know no one has ever seen him. And if they did, you wouldn't believe it anyway.

So tell us this....WHO would you believe? Is there anybody in the world who, if they told you they just saw God, you would believe?

Powerman said:
Right...faith is believing in something BECAUSE there is no proof for it. Lunacy would probably be a better word to describe that. It's silly that otherwise intelligent adults believe in any of this.

Ok.. I don' believe in God, either.. but I believe you're an idiot.

Who are you to insult people for their religious beliefs? What makes yours, mine, or anyone elses belief any less "silly" than the next persons?

Grow the hell up, and show some respect to those around you.

Kathianne said:
Really. How interesting. So based on something like this, you condemn all who profess faith. How small and unelightened. It's one thing to adhere to atheism, another to call all others idiotic.

I'm not "condemning" anyone. That's what people of faith do. I have the right to think that people are idiots for believing in conveniently invisible supreme beings for which there is absolutely no proof.

Powerman said:
I'm not "condemning" anyone. That's what people of faith do. I have the right to think that people are idiots for believing in conveniently invisible supreme beings for which there is absolutely no proof.

Whatever, that is the problem with 'faith'. However, you have proven yourself in this thread to be a small, close-minded person.

Shattered said:
Ok.. I don' believe in God, either.. but I believe you're an idiot.

Who are you to insult people for their religious beliefs? What makes yours, mine, or anyone elses belief any less "silly" than the next persons?

Grow the hell up, and show some respect to those around you.

I'm not insulting anyone. I'm offering a view point. I think that some of religion is silly. Someone who is truly strong in their faith wouldn't be offended by me and probably wouldn't be viewing this message board either.

nucular said:
Idiot, maybe. Boring and repetitive, definitely.

Hah. I just like beating dead horses. It's always been a hobby of mine. I'd love to talk sports but there is never anyone on the freaking sports board.

Kathianne said:
Whatever, that is the problem with 'faith'. However, you have proven yourself in this thread to be a small, close-minded person.

Having an open mind is what lead me to believe what I believe now. Being close minded would have gauranteed that I'd be a Christian because that's how I was raised.

Powerman said:
I'm not insulting anyone. I'm offering a view point. I think that some of religion is silly. Someone who is truly strong in their faith wouldn't be offended by me and probably wouldn't be viewing this message board either.

So, thinking someone is an idiot for their belief is not insulting?

How weird...

Shattered said:
So, thinking someone is an idiot for their belief is not insulting?

How weird...

This is the thing...if they really believe in it then they would think that I'm the idiot because they KNOW that they are right. If someone is offended by what I say on a message board then maybe they are doubting their faith a bit. And I don't think that people that believe in anything are idiots. I just think that in that regard they are silly.

:rolleyes:

powerman said:
...literally 100% of everything is made up by fallible men and fallible men still believe it to this day. It's lunacy if you ask me.

Right...faith is believing in something BECAUSE there is no proof for it. Lunacy would probably be a better word to describe that. It's silly that otherwise intelligent adults believe in any of this.

...we are told that the bible is the inspired word of God. If one thing in the bible is wrong that means that the entire book has absolutely no credibility.

...said there are some who claim to have "felt" the presence of God but that's just their mind playing tricks on them.

..."condemning" anyone. That's what people of faith do. I have the right to think that people are idiots for believing in conveniently invisible supreme beings for which there is absolutely no proof. I believe, yet have many atheistic and agnostic friends, even 2 Wiccans. I don't 'condemn' any of them. So on that point alone, you are mistaken.

. I think that some of religion is silly. Some? Are you being honest here? Someone who is truly strong in their faith wouldn't be offended by me and probably wouldn't be viewing this message board either.I'm pretty true in what I believe. I'm here. There are many more that are far more strident in their beliefs, they are here. So :wtf: are you talking about?

Having an open mind is what lead me to believe what I believe now. Being close minded would have gauranteed that I'd be a Christian because that's how I was raised. Gee, I thought you just closed minded, I was mistaken. You may be an atheist because of the way you were raised. You are closed minded because of the way you were raised? Atheism? General lack of depth?

This is the thing...if they really believe in it then they would think that I'm the idiot because they KNOW that they are right. If someone is offended by what I say on a message board then maybe they are doubting their faith a bit. And I don't think that people that believe in anything are idiots. I just think that in that regard they are silly.Truth is, if they thought your ideas had merit, they would be doubters. The fact some find your posts offensive, is because they are. It's not us that is siily, rather you that is deluded with your vision of your vision.

You may be an atheist because of the way you were raised. You are closed minded because of the way you were raised?

Trust me. This is the furthest from the truth you'll ever get. And I don't appreciate you commenting about my family. I left your family out of this and I would appreciate it if you would offer me the same respect.

Powerman said:
Trust me. This is the furthest from the truth you'll ever get. And I don't appreciate you commenting about my family. I left your family out of this and I would appreciate it if you would offer me the same respect.

YOU were the one to put your family into the quotiant. I don't know your family, from Adam. :D

Instead of this nonsense, respond to the rest of your quotes.

Kathianne said:
YOU were the one to put your family into the quotiant. I don't know your family, from Adam. :D

Instead of this nonsense, respond to the rest of your quotes.

Look I told you that I was raised Christian. That isn't me "bringing my family" into the discussion. You jumping to conclusions that my parents did not know how to raise me is stupid. Not only is it stupid but it's very judgemental, another problem with most Christians. I don't agree with you so I must have terrible parents. Right that's the ticket. Go fuck yourself.

I believe, yet have many atheistic and agnostic friends, even 2 Wiccans. I don't 'condemn' any of them. So on that point alone, you are mistaken.

In that regard you take the moral high ground. Unfortunately you are not a representative of Christians in general. You are an individual.

Powerman said:
Look I told you that I was raised Christian. That isn't me "bringing my family" into the discussion. You jumping to conclusions that my parents did not know how to raise me is stupid. Not only is it stupid but it's very judgemental, another problem with most Christians. I don't agree with you so I must have terrible parents. Right that's the ticket. Go fuck yourself.

Watch please for flaming. Here is what I wrote and your response is above:

Having an open mind is what lead me to believe what I believe now. Being close minded would have gauranteed that I'd be a Christian because that's how I was raised. Gee, I thought you just closed minded, I was mistaken. You may be an atheist because of the way you were raised. You are closed minded because of the way you were raised? Atheism? General lack of depth?

Looking at this, I should have added a question mark, here:

Having an open mind is what lead me to believe what I believe now. Being close minded would have gauranteed that I'd be a Christian because that's how I was raised. Gee, I thought you just closed minded, I was mistaken. You may be an atheist because of the way you were raised.:insert QUESTION MARK???:

Powerman said:
What is flaming? Is that some sort of gay joke?
Having a tough time with the issue? Truly, I did not mean to diss your parents. Nor you for that matter. Deal with the topic.

Kathianne said:
Having a tough time with the issue? Truly, I did not mean to diss your parents. Nor you for that matter. Deal with the topic.

What exactly is the topic now? I love these discussions LOL.

Powerman said:
What exactly is the topic now? I love these discussions LOL.
good attempt:

Ignor those that you feel attack your parents:

:rolleyes:

powerman said:
...literally 100% of everything is made up by fallible men and fallible men still believe it to this day. It's lunacy if you ask me.

...we are told that the bible is the inspired word of God. If one thing in the bible is wrong that means that the entire book has absolutely no credibility.

...said there are some who claim to have "felt" the presence of God but that's just their mind playing tricks on them.

..."condemning" anyone. That's what people of faith do. I have the right to think that people are idiots for believing in conveniently invisible supreme beings for which there is absolutely no proof. I believe, yet have many atheistic and agnostic friends, even 2 Wiccans. I don't 'condemn' any of them. So on that point alone, you are mistaken.

. I think that some of religion is silly. Some? Are you being honest here? Someone who is truly strong in their faith wouldn't be offended by me and probably wouldn't be viewing this message board either.I'm pretty true in what I believe. I'm here. There are many more that are far more strident in their beliefs, they are here. So :wtf: are you talking about?

This is the thing...if they really believe in it then they would think that I'm the idiot because they KNOW that they are right. If someone is offended by what I say on a message board then maybe they are doubting their faith a bit. And I don't think that people that believe in anything are idiots. I just think that in that regard they are silly.Truth is, if they thought your ideas had merit, they would be doubters. The fact some find your posts offensive, is because they are. It's not us that is siily, rather you that is deluded with your vision of your vision.

Forum List

Back