Faith & Skepticism

lol.

All I'm gonna say is that when I get to the Lord to be judged, NO WAY am I going to have to say anything like:

"Well, I'm sorry Jesus. I mean..I...uh...I...was sorta....you know....gonna tell other people about what you did but I...uh...I...ummm....I didn't want to have to tell them that they were wrong....which when you think about it sorta...you know....what you were talking about all along. Be nice to people...right?

What's that? Uh....I guess it wasn't so nice to never tell them about the Good News...but come on! I mean...heh...ole Powerman says 'How am I supposed to trust something I can't see?' and I'm like 'Man, ya got a point' and he was all like...

Huh? Ummmm yeah, I suppose there were a few Bible stories to that effect but uh....yes I remember Doubting Thomas but I really don't see what that has to do with---oh. Uh....at least I didn't make anyone fell uncomfortable! Right? Right?! Jesus?! Am I right?!?!?"

Kathianne said:
good attempt:

Ignor those that you feel attack your parents:

:rolleyes:

It's just hard to pick apart your post because of the way you so oddly chose to edit it with color pencils. Give me a minute and I'll respond dear.

Powerman said:
It's just hard to pick apart your post because of the way you so oddly chose to edit it with color pencils. Give me a minute and I'll respond dear.

Take all the time you need, but don't call me 'dear.' Unless of course, you mean it! :laugh:

theim said:
lol.

All I'm gonna say is that when I get to the Lord to be judged, NO WAY am I going to have to say anything like:

"Well, I'm sorry Jesus. I mean..I...uh...I...was sorta....you know....gonna tell other people about what you did but I...uh...I...ummm....I didn't want to have to tell them that they were wrong....which when you think about it sorta...you know....what you were talking about all along. Be nice to people...right?

What's that? Uh....I guess it wasn't so nice to never tell them about the Good News...but come on! I mean...heh...ole Powerman says 'How am I supposed to trust something I can't see?' and I'm like 'Man, ya got a point' and he was all like...

Huh? Ummmm yeah, I suppose there were a few Bible stories to that effect but uh....yes I remember Doubting Thomas but I really don't see what that has to do with---oh. Uh....at least I didn't make anyone fell uncomfortable! Right? Right?! Jesus?! Am I right?!?!?"

Theim I've heard the "Good News" already. I used to be an altar server. I've been confirmed in the Catholic Church. I no longer believe though so you're probably pretty squared away in the event that Jesus questions you about converting me.

Kathianne said:
Some? Are you being honest here?

LOL ok I must have mispoken there. Let me clarify this. I think all religions are silly. Not just Christianity.

I'm pretty true in what I believe. I'm here. There are many more that are far more strident in their beliefs, they are here. So are you talking about?

I'm not doubting anyone's honesty here but everyone has had doubts about their faith. If you haven't had doubts then I don't want to meet you because you're probably a lunatic.

Truth is, if they thought your ideas had merit, they would be doubters. The fact some find your posts offensive, is because they are. It's not us that is siily, rather you that is deluded with your vision of your vision.

I still believe that a true believer would not be offended by my posts. You would even have to admit that you think that some religious beliefs that are different from your own are silly. Hell you'd be crazy not to admit that some of the things in the Old Testament aren't silly. For instance God claims that handicapp people aren't worthy of going to church even though he claims that he is the one who made them handicapp. That's the most absurd thing I've ever heard in my life.

Powerman said:
Right...faith is believing in something BECAUSE there is no proof for it. Lunacy would probably be a better word to describe that. It's silly that otherwise intelligent adults believe in any of this.

What's really silly is somebody turning away a chance for eternal happiness. Not everything in this world is physical, friend. Faith is not believing something BECAUSE there is no proof of it. Faith is believing in something, period.

You desire some evidence of God? All you have to do is look for it. And want to find it, which I suspect you do not.

Powerman said:
Theim I've heard the "Good News" already. I used to be an altar server. I've been confirmed in the Catholic Church. I no longer believe though so you're probably pretty squared away in the event that Jesus questions you about converting me.

So what set you upon this anti-Crusade?

Not everything in this world is physical, friend.

Start giving me examples of things that aren't physical. I would like to hear about such things.

theim said:
So what set you upon this anti-Crusade?

When I actually decided to read the bible I concluded that it was a work of fiction and at least 20% of it is immoral trash.

Powerman said:
LOL ok I must have mispoken there. Let me clarify this. I think all religions are silly. Not just Christianity.
Your right. Just like those that think differently, should be allowed to, without harrassment or name calling.
I'm not doubting anyone's honesty here but everyone has had doubts about their faith. If you haven't had doubts then I don't want to meet you because you're probably a lunatic.
For many of us, doubts come in the night or at times of trials/tribulations. They are there, but faith overcomes. You don't have and don't want, but what is your problem that you feel compelled to make fun of those that feel differently?

BTW, I have problems with believers that threaten non-believers, has gotten me in hot water any number of times.
I still believe that a true believer would not be offended by my posts. You would even have to admit that you think that some religious beliefs that are different from your own are silly. Hell you'd be crazy not to admit that some of the things in the Old Testament aren't silly. For instance God claims that handicapp people aren't worthy of going to church even though he claims that he is the one who made them handicapp. That's the most absurd thing I've ever heard in my life.
Well you are just wrong in your beliefs. A 'true believer' will not ignor your hatred of 'God' and 'faith'. Truth is, I have little problem accepting that a multitude of people have a different 'truth' than me, including yourself. My problem with you, is dissrespect of my faith.

Powerman said:
Not everything in this world is physical, friend.

Start giving me examples of things that aren't physical. I would like to hear about such things.

God for one, also hapiness. It appears you have little interest in either.

Powerman said:
What are you waiting for? Me to ask you out? I responded to your quotes that you were so adamant about me doing.

Hardly. I find your 'response.' You are right, while way weak, it was a response. You don't have much, but on that, you got me.

Forum List

Back