Faith-healing parents charged in baby's death

About the kids and the shots...look for the nearest county health clinic. They are funded in part by federal dollars, and generally provide immunizations either free or at very reduced prices. Generally, if you say you can't pay, they will "bill" you.

Depending on how much the shots cost, sometimes it's worth it to make the trip.

They are tied to more than just the health ins. There's the Dr's malpractice ins. We are running low on OB/GYN's due to it and it's only going to get worse. The amounts that have to go out to lawsuits is crippling the system. There's many cases that have been won with high award amounts that where not based on scientific evidence. Based on that they feel sorry for the one suing their Dr. If the patent comes into court looking disabled they will most likely win regardless of facts. Who do you think really eats those costs?? We do. It sucks... And I don't know what will solve it. Only part I do know is that lawyers are the biggest part of all this. I honestly believe we'd be better off if we got rid of over half the lawyers.

I have no clue where you're from dear....................but have you seen an AMERICAN doctor lately...............I'm not speaking to black or white.........I'm talking about doctors that actually speak English that you can understand.................:eusa_shifty:

About the kids and the shots...look for the nearest county health clinic. They are funded in part by federal dollars, and generally provide immunizations either free or at very reduced prices. Generally, if you say you can't pay, they will "bill" you.

Depending on how much the shots cost, sometimes it's worth it to make the trip.

Um Allie ours is in our hospital...................where we went................we have no other..................:eusa_shifty:

Oh..you mean a place where you need a plane and a parachute to travel, lol.

Is your medical American or Canadian? Just curious...

I have no clue where you're from dear....................but have you seen an AMERICAN doctor lately...............I'm not speaking to black or white.........I'm talking about doctors that actually speak English that you can understand.................:eusa_shifty:

I live in Portland Oregon. I lost my midwife due to her malpractice ins costs. She said she couldn't keep up with it. Her premiums kept going higher and higher, even though she never had a case against her. The ins companies have to due to paying out large amounts for Dr's that are forced to pay out court awards on unfounded cases. How does the ins company handle this... By passing it on to the ones still paying premiums. So yeah they have to be tied to the medical ins companies and get as much money out of them as they can or they can't cover their own ins costs. So yeah you're right in a way. But it all still goes back to the lawyer suing a Dr for things not based on facts.

I live in Portland Oregon. I lost my midwife due to her malpractice ins costs. She said she couldn't keep up with it. Her premiums kept going higher and higher, even though she never had a case against her. The ins companies have to due to paying out large amounts for Dr's that are forced to pay out court awards on unfounded cases. How does the ins company handle this... By passing it on to the ones still paying premiums. So yeah they have to be tied to the medical ins companies and get as much money out of them as they can or they can't cover their own ins costs. So yeah you're right in a way. But it all still goes back to the lawyer suing a Dr for things not based on facts.

Actually, it is the insurance company's and AMA's fault....and those doctors that commit malpractice, that are never made to quit that keep practicing...I believe I have read that 2% of all doctors are the ones involved in repeated malpractice suits.... The AMA should de-licence them but they don't....they save their asses time after time...this costs ALL GOOD DOCTORS....

The insurance company should charge the malpractice abusers to high heaven, like auto insurance companies do to those that are at high risk, the bad drivers so that the ones that are good drivers and at lower risk, can have lower insurance costs....imho.

care

Well what of the Dr's that work in high risk fields... Like OBGYN's are. OBGYN's can have things go totally wrong in the delivery room and end up with a disabled child. It wasn't their fault and they did everything right but a jury awards the family millions for an unjust case because they feel sorry for them.

It is a high risk field.

However, there needs to be some sort of succor for the cases of egregious negligence.

We representated a girl whose dr. took a very premature baby by scheduled C-section, despite the fact that the ultrasound was in the room with him and the surgical nurse told him repeatedly she didn't think it was a full term baby.

Baby, of course, was ruined...cerebal palsy and a variety of other issues.

Well what of the Dr's that work in high risk fields... Like OBGYN's are. OBGYN's can have things go totally wrong in the delivery room and end up with a disabled child. It wasn't their fault and they did everything right but a jury awards the family millions for an unjust case because they feel sorry for them.

Yes they can have something go wrong, but it turns out that very few do....Most doctors that have had a malpractice suit brought against them are REPEAT offenders....I say after three malpractice suits that they lost, they should lose their license....

if these repeat offenders were not in the workforce then fewer malpractice suits would occur... giving the insurance companies no reason to charge the prices that they do, for their insurance.

A step must be taken to remove the malpractice doctors from practicing or else there is no reason for the doctors to be more careful...afterall, their insurance covers them if they are bad doctors.

I agree there should be some malpractice reform....but i would never agree to limiting a person's "right" to sue for redress of grievences or to limit what they get for their suit if they win.

I don't believe someone should win a malpractice suit, unless malpractice takes place....but if it has taken place, each case should be decided on its own merrits....

If the hospital/doctor cut off the wrong leg of my husband....his good leg, they should PAY from here to HIGH HEAVEN and i should NOT have to travel a kazillion miles to get to a federal court to do such, i should be able to do this in my local court....and the doctor that did this, should NEVER be allowed to practice again....but he will be....cuz the AMA will back him...costing ALL GOOD doctors more....

"Actually, it is the insurance company's and AMA's fault....and those doctors that commit malpractice, that are never made to quit that keep practicing...I believe I have read that 2% of all doctors are the ones involved in repeated malpractice suits.... The AMA should de-licence them but they don't....they save their asses time after time...this costs ALL GOOD DOCTORS...."

man that's a good point that i've actually never heard before...thanks.

Er..I'm not Muslim. Nor am I a fundamentalist, so kindly don't lay that one on me.

I wasn't having a go at you AB, just the point. What i was getting at that in certain countries where religion is very strong and believe is fundamentalist, there was a rejection of medical science on the grounds of religious superstitition which caused children to go without vaccinations and to contract polio. And at the time we were so close to eradicating it.

The mentality that favour superstition over science is what I was shooting at.

Quantify that with the aside that the "superstition" isn't religious faith, but paranoia that the outside world is out to get you and I agree.

I wasn't having a go at you AB, just the point. What i was getting at that in certain countries where religion is very strong and believe is fundamentalist, there was a rejection of medical science on the grounds of religious superstitition which caused children to go without vaccinations and to contract polio. And at the time we were so close to eradicating it.

The mentality that favour superstition over science is what I was shooting at.

Blind faith in science is no different than blind faith in religion. ANY intellectual exclusivity is willful ignorance.

Forum List

Back