Faith-healing parents charged in baby's death

No, that's not true. There are different types of prayer, and prayer to different entities.

I'm not arguing the effacy of prayer, or recommending that people leave modern medicine behind and count on prayer to save them from measles. The only point I've been making is that if a Christian decides to withhold medication from her child and depend upon prayer, and the child dies, that gets hostile news coverage...opposed to the liberal kook who withholds immunizations from her child based upon shaky science.

Get a billion people to withhold immunizations from their kids and see how many die.

You know why we nearly eradicated poliomyelitis from the world? Because there has been an immunisation programme all over the world.

Do you want to know why it hasn't been totally eradicated yet? Because in Nigeria, Indonesia and some other countries Muslim authorities have convinced people that immunisation is a western plot. Now before you go off about "Muslims" stop.

Think about it.

Fundamentalist religiosity has stopped the total eradication of polio.

This blindingly ignorant tendency amongst some populations of fundamentalist religiosity has allowed polio to continue to exist. What a damning indictment of fundamental religiosity among humans.

They believe there's a MEDICAL link between praying and healing, just as Jenny McCarthy (talk about nutter) believes in a MEDICAL link between immunizations and autism. It's just as valid. Both based upon beliefs. The only difference is one belief comes from conservative Christians, and one comes from the left wing. Christian = BAD, left wing = GOOD.

You're right. This is too easy.

It's not the innoculations per say but the BINDER (MERCURY) AND THE PRESERVATIVE (thimerosal)..............

Not everywhere Angel....................We just last month had to request AND PAY MORE for my grand daughter's shots without it.................:rolleyes:
I doubt any one mourns this child more than these parents themselves....I am a Christian, and have always been taught that we must persue the medicines of the day when we are sick, ALONG with Prayer....

I believe that Prayer with medicine does help....had an experience of it with a girlfriend with Stage 4 cancer of the vagina....very rare and a terminal cancer.... only 4 cases in the USA history before her and all 4 women had died.... :(

I cried, i prayed.....i got on my knees and begged God to please, please save her from death....she was too young, 39, to please give her a chance, please help her beat this cancer... the radiation and Chemo were not working in the amounts they gave her....she was still dying....cancer was winning and getting ready to attack her colan.... I continued praying, and begging God for help as things got worse and worse....

Finally the docs decided to give it one last shot, they would put her in a lead walled room and insert radiation pellets inside strategic places in her vagina and uterus, and for three days she was to stay in this isolated room with the radiation, where none of us could go visit....even the nurse could not be in her room for more than 10 minutes at a time because of radiation exposure that could occur..... Pretty frightening, but her last chance....the radiation would either kill her or kill this very aggressive cancer...is what the docs said.

The day of this surgery for the radiated pellets, I stayed on my knees praying the whole day....heard nothing from her husband till that evening...

The docs did an mri right previous to the pellet insertion to determine exactly where they were going to place the radiation pellets.....and how many they were going to use....

MIRACLE.....the docs were shocked, mri from the previous week showed the cancer still agressively spreading thus the reason to schedule this surgery with the radiation pellets... the MRI the day of the surgery showed the cancer had retreated...yes, retreated enough so that they only inserted a few radiation pellets for only a few hours and she would be out of isolation in one day instead of three....

She was cured, 3 years ago, the cancer disappeared and had not returned and the radiation did not kill her....

Now maybe prayer did not work and it was the skill of these docs at Boston Medical Center...or maybe it was her will to live....mind over matter....

But I BELIEVED it was the prayer in combination with the medical... and i could not stop thanking God for His help....I still get goose bumps and thank Him for His intervention and help.

All other 4 women that had this unusual cancer had died....my girlfriend lived.

care

You know why we nearly eradicated poliomyelitis from the world? Because there has been an immunisation programme all over the world.

Do you want to know why it hasn't been totally eradicated yet? Because in Nigeria, Indonesia and some other countries Muslim authorities have convinced people that immunisation is a western plot. Now before you go off about "Muslims" stop.

Think about it.

Fundamentalist religiosity has stopped the total eradication of polio.

This blindingly ignorant tendency amongst some populations of fundamentalist religiosity has allowed polio to continue to exist. What a damning indictment of fundamental religiosity among humans.

Er..I'm not Muslim. Nor am I a fundamentalist, so kindly don't lay that one on me.

I doubt any one mourns this child more than these parents themselves....I am a Christian, and have always been taught that we must persue the medicines of the day when we are sick, ALONG with Prayer....

I believe that Prayer with medicine does help....had an experience of it with a girlfriend with Stage 4 cancer of the vagina....very rare and a terminal cancer.... only 4 cases in the USA history before her and all 4 women had died.... :(

I cried, i prayed.....i got on my knees and begged God to please, please save her from death....she was too young, 39, to please give her a chance, please help her beat this cancer... the radiation and Chemo were not working in the amounts they gave her....she was still dying....cancer was winning and getting ready to attack her colan.... I continued praying, and begging God for help as things got worse and worse....

Finally the docs decided to give it one last shot, they would put her in a lead walled room and insert radiation pellets inside strategic places in her vagina and uterus, and for three days she was to stay in this isolated room with the radiation, where none of us could go visit....even the nurse could not be in her room for more than 10 minutes at a time because of radiation exposure that could occur..... Pretty frightening, but her last chance....the radiation would either kill her or kill this very aggressive cancer...is what the docs said.

The day of this surgery for the radiated pellets, I stayed on my knees praying the whole day....heard nothing from her husband till that evening...

The docs did an mri right previous to the pellet insertion to determine exactly where they were going to place the radiation pellets.....and how many they were going to use....

MIRACLE.....the docs were shocked, mri from the previous week showed the cancer still agressively spreading thus the reason to schedule this surgery with the radiation pellets... the MRI the day of the surgery showed the cancer had retreated...yes, retreated enough so that they only inserted a few radiation pellets for only a few hours and she would be out of isolation in one day instead of three....

She was cured, 3 years ago, the cancer disappeared and had not returned and the radiation did not kill her....

Now maybe prayer did not work and it was the skill of these docs at Boston Medical Center...or maybe it was her will to live....mind over matter....

But I BELIEVED it was the prayer in combination with the medical... and i could not stop thanking God for His help....I still get goose bumps and thank Him for His intervention and help.

All other 4 women that had this unusual cancer had died....my girlfriend lived.

care

Um uh what exactly did that have to do with what I was talking about............please enlighten me.........??????????:eusa_shifty:

I've made no statement about prayer working or not..............I was speaking of POISONS CONTAINED IN child innoculations C4A............:eusa_shifty:

Surely you were addressing another post......????????:wtf:

Not everywhere Angel....................We just last month had to request AND PAY MORE for my grand daughter's shots without it.................:rolleyes:

That's pathetic of the Dr's office to do that. The office I take my kids have switch all of theirs over as soon as they where able to.

That's pathetic of the Dr's office to do that. The office I take my kids have switch all of theirs over as soon as they where able to.

Yes I quite agree......................it sort of runs hand in hand with how pathetic our medical and pharmecutical industries are becoming...........but hey on a brighter note, they've actually cured limp dicks...................:rolleyes:

I give my being alive to modern medician. Doesn't mean I think all in the medical field have been the best.

Did your grand-daughter get a new Dr after that? You'd think that the Dr would eat the cost just in case there is a link. Also it's not like each dose costs a lot. I think the Dr was after one thing... Making a few bucks off of the parents that are concerned. Pathetic if you ask me.

I give my being alive to modern medician. Doesn't mean I think all in the medical field have been the best.

Did your grand-daughter get a new Dr after that? You'd think that the Dr would eat the cost just in case there is a link. Also it's not like each dose costs a lot. I think the Dr was after one thing... Making a few bucks off of the parents that are concerned. Pathetic if you ask me.

No dear we have but one pediatrician in our town and hospital....................but not only that, THE SHOTS WITHOUT ARE NOT COVERED BY MEDICAL INSURANCE, for which we had to pay completely out of pocket..................:wtf:

That's BS. Some pin head in the ins office decides huh... They couldn't even say, you have to cover the difference. No they go to not covering it at all. Pathetic. My Dr's office is ran by my ins company. Thankfully they just switched them all over with out batting an eye.

That's BS. Some pin head in the ins office decides huh... They couldn't even say, you have to cover the difference. No they go to not covering it at all. Pathetic. My Dr's office is ran by my ins company. Thankfully they just switched them all over with out batting an eye.

The problem here of course is that EVERY doctor has become a pharmecutical and insurance whore.....................and that's totally unerving!!!!!!!!:wtf: :eusa_shifty:

They are tied to more than just the health ins. There's the Dr's malpractice ins. We are running low on OB/GYN's due to it and it's only going to get worse. The amounts that have to go out to lawsuits is crippling the system. There's many cases that have been won with high award amounts that where not based on scientific evidence. Based on that they feel sorry for the one suing their Dr. If the patent comes into court looking disabled they will most likely win regardless of facts. Who do you think really eats those costs?? We do. It sucks... And I don't know what will solve it. Only part I do know is that lawyers are the biggest part of all this. I honestly believe we'd be better off if we got rid of over half the lawyers.

Forum List

Back