Fairness Doctrine Senate Hearings on the Way?

Have I missed the law/act that says liberals can not have radio shows?????

Liberals can't get anyone to listen to their point of view so they have to shut down their competition... Can someone tell me how that is "Fairness"?

Another senator lines up behind 'Fairness Doctrine'

Now this is an issue that actually generates considerable unease in me.

The intent is clear, and the harm to freedom legitimate.

Hopefully even many Democrats will stand against this.

We shall see...

Republicans can't believe that companies like Clearchannel wouldn't put Progressive talk on if it would make them money. Well they won't. It is worth more to them to not give the left a voice.

It is fact. There are markets where Randi Rhodes KILLED Rush Limpballs, yet Clearchannel won't syndicate her? Makes no sense.

Anyways, Ed Schultz got hired by one of these right wing radio stations. Now that the GOP lost, they know they better have some Progressives on or it'll be obvious that they aren't being fair. So Ed will be right in the middle of a bunch of right wing talk shows. BET he kills them in ratings. It'll be in Washington DC. So for 8 years the left didn't have a voice in Washington? Come on guys. You really think Rush is that popular and we have zero lefties that can compete? You are insane.

It's never too obvious how unfair the media is to the left because right wingers call it the liberal media. What a hoot. Notice Rachel Maddow on MSNBC almost always has Pat Pukeanon on. So even on a lefty show, the right get representation? But we don't on Bill O or Slananty or Hush Limpballs? Crazy!

Did you hear?

News Corp. Suffers Staggering $6.4 Billion Loss

News Corp. Suffers Staggering $6.4 Billion Loss

Someone mind telling me how the Fairness Doctrine is going to hurt Conservatives so much? It is because people like Rush can no longer lie without being smacked down by a intelligent person with a opposing view?

Red Lion Broadcasting Co. v. Federal Communications Commission - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Red Lion Broadcasting Co. v. Federal Communications Commission, 395 U.S. 367 (1969), established the doctrine that broadcast television stations (and by logical extension, radio stations) are full First Amendment speakers whose editorial speech could not be regulated absent good reason. However, because they were granted government licenses on a scarce radio spectrum, they could be regulated to preserve openness in covering news by the FCC.

The FCC by administrative rulemaking had a requirement that discussion of public issues be presented on broadcast stations, and that each side of those issues must be given fair coverage. 395 U.S. 367, 369. As a result the FCC added an "equal time rule" and a "response to personal attack" rule. Red Lion Broadcasting Co. challenged these rules as unconstitutionally infringing on the speech of the station's editorial judgment. Justice Byron White, writing for the majority explained, the FCC has included among the conditions of the Red Lion license itself the requirement that operation of the station be carried out in the public interest. Id. at 380.

Someone mind telling me how the Fairness Doctrine is going to hurt Conservatives so much? It is because people like Rush can no longer lie without being smacked down by a intelligent person with a opposing view?

They wont be able to lie with impunity anymore.

Ah, the defense of the indifensible.

Tools of tyranny are running amongst us today!

Be careful what you wish for friend, this blade will cut both ways to be sure.

Know of what you speak of, prior to endorsing it.

Just some friendly advice...

It isn't that Rush can't spew his lies. And it isn't that the government is going to force him to have a co host.

The radio station would just have to put on another show after or before Rush that might have the opposite view.

These airwaves are our airwaves. And if the rich have bought up all the stations and that is harmful to our society, we have the right to break up the monopoly. They don't own the airwaves, they just rent them from our government.

So Rush and Clearchannel are afraid that their listeners are going to finally hear the truth and wake up.

But I don't think they have anything to fear. People who are genetically conservative don't care about truth and fiction. They believe what they want to believe.

Anyways, I love that this argument is going on because it proves that conservatives KNOW that the media isn't liberal anymore. They know that 10 rich and powerful corporations have purchased all of the media.

This is just like Global warming. They know they are wrong. Or at least some of them know they are FOS. Many of you actually believe the bullshit you say. If you are rich, you probably don't believe what you are saying but I understand why you lie. It is in your own best interest. The rest of you believe what you are told. You are good house slaves.

I think USMB should only allow the smart liberals/obamabots to post here.
In all fairness of course.

Smart liberals? That's an oxymoron if I ever heard one. :lol: But your wish may someday come true...

Talk radio is about the only voice of dissent these days other than on the net….therefore it is the number one media TARGET of the neo-marxists now in power….if they get their way we can look forward to “Radio Moscow” right here in the good ole USA...

I'm sorry if you like to listen to Rush but he's nothing but a drug addicted blowhard. And I only say drug addicted in that because that fat pig throws stones at addicts while he himself has his own problems.

Never mind the fact his comments on smoking which is messed up as is.

I'm sorry if you like to listen to Rush but he's nothing but a drug addicted blowhard. And I only say drug addicted in that because that fat pig throws stones at addicts while he himself has his own problems.

I do not ask for you to be sorry - merely educated.

don't worry about the fairness doctrine.. they can't force you to listen to their bullshit I don't care how many fairness doctrines they think they need. There is always satellite radio.. that's why obamalama is crashin and burning two weeks out,, his liberal spew is sinking his ship :eusa_whistle: let em keep talking

Regarding oxymorons, i rest my case.

I'm sorry if you like to listen to Rush but he's nothing but a drug addicted blowhard. And I only say drug addicted in that because that fat very very very rich pig throws stones at addicts while he himself has his own problems.

:eusa_shhh:

You dont have a clue do you?

Please enumerate just how this will harm anyone?

Forum List

Back