Fair Share Poll

What is the "fair share" tax burden of the rich.

• Total voters
bullshit, never ask of someone that which you aren't willing to do yourself little commie dud

Sorry scab, it might be your debt, but it isn't mine. You think I should carry you and your guilt ridden self who handed us a 14Trillion debt? You commie hugging leech!~~~:lol:

Take responsibility for your own actions.
Sorry loser, it is your debt, just like everybody elses. You think we should carry your guilt ridden self because you didn't do well enough in life to avoid having to think that everybody who did do well enough in life owes you something?....You china loving has been~~~~~lol

In fact, go move to China. You can continue to live in a crap hole like you do now. Only difference is, you can be treated like shit, have your individuality stripped away, and basically eat weird garbage until the day your miserable abused ass dies. Just like the average chinese citizens do!

You are just jealous of my wealth and think I owe you a living, ya sorry lil parasitic worm. LMAO!!:lol::lol::lol: Get a fucking job punk.........

Nosmo strengthen the family: make them poorer than they already are.[/quote said:
I am all for flat tax. Unfortunately the Libs think it is not fair to the poor to actually make everyone pay the same %.
Could you explain the 'fairness' of further cutting the marginal tax rate for the rich while exponentially raising the rate for the poor? And explain it to someone who is living pay check to pay check, not someone living off the trust fund Grandfather set up.

The myth that the rich inherited their wealth has been debunked many, many times. Wealth envy is a terrible character flaw of the left and studies show it just does not resonated with people anymore.
"According to a study of Federal Reserve data conducted by NYU professor Edward Wolff, for the nation’s richest 1%, inherited wealth accounted for only 9% of their net worth in 2001, down from 23% in 1989. (The 2001 number was the latest available.)"
The Decline of Inherited Money - The Wealth Report - WSJ

well since they (top 20%) own over 85% of everything I would think they should pay 85% of the tax.

The corp's should pay the rest. We will pitch in on the SS and Med. tax to ease your burden some though.

And why should they not be paying a fair share of tax right along with everyone else?
Because the burden is greater on those living marginally. Will the rich have to worry about taking a second or third job to make ends meet? will the rich ever decide food or medicine this month?

What the hell is is with hypocritical Conservatives? I thought one of the tenets of your faith was strong family values? With a flat tax, less money in the household doesn't mean the difference between a Cadillac or a Benz. It means the difference between Mom and Dad around in the evening to help with homework, or off to their night jobs. Grand way to strengthen the family: make them poorer than they already are.

And again, why should they not pay their fair share of taxes?

Why is a "fair share" for the wealthy a higher percentage than anybody else pays?

well since they (top 20%) own over 85% of everything I would think they should pay 85% of the tax.

The corp's should pay the rest. We will pitch in on the SS and Med. tax to ease your burden some though.

Yeah lets punish achievement so that no one will want to achieve anything.:cuckoo:

The top 20% already pays about 80% of the income tax and the government is still broke.

What syrenn said, with amplification

Low, flat tax rate. Individuals only (get rid of corporate income tax as it results in double taxation).

No deductions, no loop holes, no tax credits for social engineering/transfer payment purposes.

Abolish SS and Medicare taxes. Entitlements should be funded out of general receipts as we are headed towards mean testing anyway.

I agree, The Real problem is the loop Holes. Eliminate the loop holes. Tax everyone at the same %, exempt those making under a certain amount. Sound fair to me.

That is why I support a National Sales Tax over Income Tax. The Rich spend more money, the buy more luxury Items, so they would pay more in a sales tax system. Also visitors and even illegal aliens would then pay National Taxes as well. When ever they buy something.

Exempt basic Necessities like Food of course.

I say don't exempt anything except maybe charitable deductions to encourage care for the poor and perhaps interest and taxes on a first primary mortgage for a dwelling people live in to encourage home ownership. If you start trying to figure out what are 'necessities', that itself becomes complicated, requires huge bureaucracies to establish rules and guidelines and enforce.

Far better to establish a reasonable threshhold - say $5,000 or $10,000 - on the first earnings that are not subject to federal taxes and then a flat percentage assessed for taxes over and above that for everybody. That plus a balanced budget amendment should pretty well begin starve the beast sufficiently to restore some fiscal sanity to the system.

But here is the truth,
Do Taxes Redistribute Income?
It is widely believed that taxes are highly progressive and, furthermore, that the top several percent of income earners pay most of the taxes received by the federal government. Both ideas are wrong because they focus on official, rather than "effective" tax rates and ignore payroll taxes, which are mostly paid by those with incomes below $100,000 per year.

But what matters in terms of a power analysis is what percentage of their income people at different income levels pay to all levels of government (federal, state, and local) in taxes. If the less-well-off majority is somehow able to wield power, we would expect that the high earners would pay a bigger percentage of their income in taxes, because the majority figures the well-to-do would still have plenty left after taxes to make new investments and lead the good life. If the high earners have the most power, we'd expect them to pay about the same as everybody else, or less.

Citizens for Tax Justice, a research group that's been studying tax issues from its offices in Washington since 1979, provides the information we need. When all taxes (not just income taxes) are taken into account, the lowest 20% of earners (who average about $12,400 per year), paid 16.0% of their income to taxes in 2009; and the next 20% (about $25,000/year), paid 20.5% in taxes. So if we only examine these first two steps, the tax system looks like it is going to be progressive.

And it keeps looking progressive as we move further up the ladder: the middle 20% (about $33,400/year) give 25.3% of their income to various forms of taxation, and the next 20% (about $66,000/year) pay 28.5%. So taxes are progressive for the bottom 80%. But if we break the top 20% down into smaller chunks, we find that progressivity starts to slow down, then it stops, and then it slips backwards for the top 1%.

Specifically, the next 10% (about $100,000/year) pay 30.2% of their income as taxes; the next 5% ($141,000/year) dole out 31.2% of their earnings for taxes; and the next 4% ($245,000/year) pay 31.6% to taxes. You'll note that the progressivity is slowing down. As for the top 1% -- those who take in $1.3 million per year on average -- they pay 30.8% of their income to taxes, which is a little less than what the 9% just below them pay, and only a tiny bit more than what the segment between the 80th and 90th percentile pays.

so this means you would tax everything, so if you buy a savings bond, or a stock or a new machine at work. If you buy labor your going to pay for that also right. If someone puts a roof on my home I'll have to pay a tax for the tar paper, the nails and the money i spend for labor, same with getting work on your car done. But the one I really don't like is that every stock buy I make and I make plenty would be taxed.

No I say tax every last thing that anyone pays for, from drinking water to stock purchase to buying a house or paying rent to buying a new car to having health ins to buying a CD or any investment. any new factory or building would get taxed the same %, or any machinery.
we got to do this right. and if you buy any products overseas you need to pay a tax for that also.

Last edited:
Iowa, I try not to be confrontational with people. But I'm tired tonight, I'm still dealing with an uncomfortable dental problem and therefore more cranky than usual, so please take that into consideration when I tell you that frankly sir, I think you're full of it.

Keep the sales taxes and such at the local level, certainly no higher than state, so that we, the tax payers, can continue to vote whether we want to pay another quarter cent tax on this or that, or the powers are required to explain the cost of fees and licenses and such when asked.

At the federal level a flat tax is the most simple, most honest, and most reasonable way to be fair to everybody. Instead of worrying so much that the rich aren't being suitably punished by the tax code, you should be worrying that almost half of Americans pay no federal income tax at all. So they have absolutely no dog in the fight and suffer no consequences when taxes are raised on everybody else, but their vote counts as much as everybody else. I can't imagine a more corrupt or unfair system than that.

If ALL have to pay a proportionate share of the taxes, ALL will have much more interest in how much those taxes are and what Congress is doing with them.

Iowa, I try not to be confrontational with people. But I'm tired tonight, I'm still dealing with an uncomfortable dental problem and therefore more cranky than usual, so please take that into consideration when I tell you that frankly sir, I think you're full of it.

Keep the sales taxes and such at the local level, certainly no higher than state, so that we, the tax payers, can continue to vote whether we want to pay another quarter cent tax on this or that, or the powers are required to explain the cost of fees and licenses and such when asked.

At the federal level a flat tax is the most simple, most honest, and most reasonable way to be fair to everybody. Instead of worrying so much that the rich aren't being suitably punished by the tax code, you should be worrying that almost half of Americans pay no federal income tax at all. So they have absolutely no dog in the fight and suffer no consequences when taxes are raised on everybody else, but their vote counts as much as everybody else. I can't imagine a more corrupt or unfair system than that.

If ALL have to pay a proportionate share of the taxes, ALL will have much more interest in how much those taxes are and what Congress is doing with them.
The flat tax drastically reduces the tax burden on those who can afford it and drastically raises the tax burden on those who cannot. If you're living pay check to pay check, the taxes removed from you will mean the difference between saving and borrowing. While the rich have an added benefit through lower tax rates.

The middle class is where the money should be put, not the rich. Consumer spending drives the economy, creates jobs and enhances our standard of living. Trickle down doesn't work.

But, if you actually believe that taking more money from the poor and less money from the rich is fair, I have to wonder why.

If I'm making $350,000 a year and my taxes go from a marginal rate of 35% to 15%, my lifestyle will be enhanced. If I'm making $35,000 a year and my tax rate goes from 7% to 15%, I might not be able to buy the goods and services I used to and the economy grinds to a halt. Fair? Smart? Hardly.

Flat tax for everyone. No deductions, no right offs, no shenanigans, just a flat 10% for everybody. There will be no tax season or returns or tax payments.

The left is always bitchin about "equality" yet they have devised the most un-equal and complicated tax system ever. Then they bitch about the wealthy hiring people to find the tax loopholes and end up paying less then their tax bracket. Its your mess you idiots.

Its called a PROGRESSIVE tax for a reason. Its corrupt, complicated, and detrimental to our society.

I agree. Good post Foxy.

What if there were no "evil " rich?

Who in hell do you think would be picking up that slack??

Why the middle class of course. The middle class would be the only ones left to tax. They would be paying everything that the rich now pay. Not a fun thought in my book.

Those that pay no Fed taxes could care less. They have no skin in the game and tend to vote for those who will give them more. They will have to suck it up and cough it up like everyone else. Skin in the game.

Either a flat tax or a national sales tax that all would have to pay is something I would like to see.

I know many of you will say that when we cut taxes on the wealthy it didn't create any jobs. That is because the rich have so many other things to do with their money before they actually get around to hiring
The problem is that we haven't cut taxes on the wealthy enough yet. Once they have more money than they can dream of using, they will hire some people

The rich are not required to hire because you or anyone else thinks they should... even if they are more inclined to take risks and invest or start new businesses when they are burdened less...

What is required is equal treatment by government for all citizens.... something you and your motherfucking ilk only champion if it benefits you... and you and your motherfucking ilk champion unequal treatment by government when it benefits you also... as long as it benefits you or your pet causes, it's all well in good... true equal treatment be damned

Nothing is as egregious as the logic used to justify a flat tax rate. Currently the uber wealthy pay less than 35% That's 35% on incomes that would give the working poor nose bleeds.

So, Conservatives (never ones to miss an opportunity to fuck the middle class) now champion this idiocy called a flat tax.

What these Conservatives are asking for is a REDUCTION in the rates the wealthy pay from 35% to 15%.

Meanwhile, back in the home with three kids, medical bills, a mortgage and tuition payments on a $40,000 income, tax rates would skyrocket to 15%. We're always told that the working poor and less advantaged pay no taxes.

Way to grow the economy! Put more wealth into fewer hands! Concentrate more wealth and dilute the spending power of the real engine of the economy; the middle class.

What a patently stupid and unfair idea. Typical for Conservatives who only think of how to get rich (despite the reality they never will).

And why should they not be paying a fair share of tax right along with everyone else?
Because the burden is greater on those living marginally. Will the rich have to worry about taking a second or third job to make ends meet? will the rich ever decide food or medicine this month?

What the hell is is with hypocritical Conservatives? I thought one of the tenets of your faith was strong family values? With a flat tax, less money in the household doesn't mean the difference between a Cadillac or a Benz. It means the difference between Mom and Dad around in the evening to help with homework, or off to their night jobs. Grand way to strengthen the family: make them poorer than they already are.

And of course.. here is where the boo-hoo-ing argument for SUBJECTIVE fairness comes in... the liberal guilt.... the logical step when arguing for selective equal treatment, over true equal treatment... while still trying to sound 'fair'

I am all for flat tax. Unfortunately the Libs think it is not fair to the poor to actually make everyone pay the same %.

The same % is not a fair tax!!! It must be the same amount of tax for equal representation.

Not when you are taxing the income or dollar, and not the individual..

And I guess things like sales tax are then "unfair" :rolleyes:

Idiot

I know many of you will say that when we cut taxes on the wealthy it didn't create any jobs. That is because the rich have so many other things to do with their money before they actually get around to hiring
The problem is that we haven't cut taxes on the wealthy enough yet. Once they have more money than they can dream of using, they will hire some people

The rich are not required to hire because you or anyone else thinks they should... even if they are more inclined to take risks and invest or start new businesses when they are burdened less...

What is required is equal treatment by government for all citizens.... something you and your motherfucking ilk only champion if it benefits you... and you and your motherfucking ilk champion unequal treatment by government when it benefits you also... as long as it benefits you or your pet causes, it's all well in good... true equal treatment be damned

Do the wealthy get to take the standard deductions that the middle class take? Do the wealthiest pay any tax of the first 20k they earn as a couple? NO, THEY DO NOT. they get these deductions as well....

So WHAT is not fair about that Diamond?

Forum List

Back