Fair Share Poll

What is the "fair share" tax burden of the rich.

• Total voters
LMAO!! So you think the poor generated 14 Trillion in debt? Before you go any further, give me a lucious strawberry, and do some reading on where government money is going and why?

first-the-big-picture-the-pie-on-the-left-is-revenue-the-money-the-government-has-available-to-spend-the-pie-on-the-right-is-expenses-the-money-the-government-actually-spends-note-the-vast-portion-of-spending-that-comes-from-the-entitlement-programs.jpg

Would you be willing to pay 95 cents of every dollar you make to rid the country of debt?

No, because I didn't generate the debt, nor benefit from the pillage & plunder in the ME. You have me confused with some rich dud who did.

bullshit, never ask of someone that which you aren't willing to do yourself little commie dud

I know many of you will say that when we cut taxes on the wealthy it didn't create any jobs. That is because the rich have so many other things to do with their money before they actually get around to hiring
The problem is that we haven't cut taxes on the wealthy enough yet. Once they have more money than they can dream of using, they will hire some people

Would you be willing to pay 95 cents of every dollar you make to rid the country of debt?

No, because I didn't generate the debt, nor benefit from the pillage & plunder in the ME. You have me confused with some rich dud who did.

bullshit, never ask of someone that which you aren't willing to do yourself little commie dud

Sorry scab, it might be your debt, but it isn't mine. You think I should carry you and your guilt ridden self who handed us a 14Trillion debt? You commie hugging leech!~~~:lol:

Take responsibility for your own actions.

Same as a fair share for the "middle class" and the "poor"

Everyone should pay the same

Sounds good, doesn't it?

Unfortunately, there are multiple reasons it can never work, and should never be attempted.

One, the rich use a disproportionately large portion of the commons. Two, there is a moral dilemma about food for the week vs. third yacht (although I've never heard of a flat tax scheme that didn't have some sort of untaxed lower limit, to be fair). Three, without safeguards, aristocracy will form followed by a caste Dickens-esque vision of the country, followed by class revolution.

Nothing is as egregious as the logic used to justify a flat tax rate. Currently the uber wealthy pay less than 35% That's 35% on incomes that would give the working poor nose bleeds.

So, Conservatives (never ones to miss an opportunity to fuck the middle class) now champion this idiocy called a flat tax.

What these Conservatives are asking for is a REDUCTION in the rates the wealthy pay from 35% to 15%.

Meanwhile, back in the home with three kids, medical bills, a mortgage and tuition payments on a $40,000 income, tax rates would skyrocket to 15%. We're always told that the working poor and less advantaged pay no taxes.

Way to grow the economy! Put more wealth into fewer hands! Concentrate more wealth and dilute the spending power of the real engine of the economy; the middle class.

What a patently stupid and unfair idea. Typical for Conservatives who only think of how to get rich (despite the reality they never will).

And why should they not be paying a fair share of tax right along with everyone else?
Because the burden is greater on those living marginally. Will the rich have to worry about taking a second or third job to make ends meet? will the rich ever decide food or medicine this month?

What the hell is is with hypocritical Conservatives? I thought one of the tenets of your faith was strong family values? With a flat tax, less money in the household doesn't mean the difference between a Cadillac or a Benz. It means the difference between Mom and Dad around in the evening to help with homework, or off to their night jobs. Grand way to strengthen the family: make them poorer than they already are.

I know many of you will say that when we cut taxes on the wealthy it didn't create any jobs. That is because the rich have so many other things to do with their money before they actually get around to hiring
The problem is that we haven't cut taxes on the wealthy enough yet. Once they have more money than they can dream of using, they will hire some people
Furriers, jewelers, boatwrights, fashion designers, Mexicans to watch the kids and mow the lawn, accountants, jet mechanics, interior decorators, attorneys...

I can't vote. I wouldn't have anyone's taxes be above 10%. God doesn't ask for more than that. Government shouldnt either.

I can't vote. I wouldn't have anyone's taxes be above 10%. God doesn't ask for more than that. Government shouldnt either.

Government maintains the infrastructure that makes possible whatever it is you do for a living. Why can't you vote? Underaged?

Complete and total BS. The rich spend more money, the pay more Sales tax, The employ more people. They buy more things.

If you guys had your way there would be no rich, and we would all suffer for it.

Nothing is as egregious as the logic used to justify a flat tax rate. Currently the uber wealthy pay less than 35% That's 35% on incomes that would give the working poor nose bleeds.

So, Conservatives (never ones to miss an opportunity to fuck the middle class) now champion this idiocy called a flat tax.

What these Conservatives are asking for is a REDUCTION in the rates the wealthy pay from 35% to 15%.

Meanwhile, back in the home with three kids, medical bills, a mortgage and tuition payments on a $40,000 income, tax rates would skyrocket to 15%. We're always told that the working poor and less advantaged pay no taxes.

Way to grow the economy! Put more wealth into fewer hands! Concentrate more wealth and dilute the spending power of the real engine of the economy; the middle class.

What a patently stupid and unfair idea. Typical for Conservatives who only think of how to get rich (despite the reality they never will).

And why should they not be paying a fair share of tax right along with everyone else?
Because the burden is greater on those living marginally. Will the rich have to worry about taking a second or third job to make ends meet? will the rich ever decide food or medicine this month?

What the hell is is with hypocritical Conservatives? I thought one of the tenets of your faith was strong family values? With a flat tax, less money in the household doesn't mean the difference between a Cadillac or a Benz. It means the difference between Mom and Dad around in the evening to help with homework, or off to their night jobs. Grand way to strengthen the family: make them poorer than they already are.

I am all for flat tax. Unfortunately the Libs think it is not fair to the poor to actually make everyone pay the same %.

What syrenn said, with amplification

Low, flat tax rate. Individuals only (get rid of corporate income tax as it results in double taxation).

No deductions, no loop holes, no tax credits for social engineering/transfer payment purposes.

Abolish SS and Medicare taxes. Entitlements should be funded out of general receipts as we are headed towards mean testing anyway.

I agree, The Real problem is the loop Holes. Eliminate the loop holes. Tax everyone at the same %, exempt those making under a certain amount. Sound fair to me.

That is why I support a National Sales Tax over Income Tax. The Rich spend more money, the buy more luxury Items, so they would pay more in a sales tax system. Also visitors and even illegal aliens would then pay National Taxes as well. When ever they buy something.

Exempt basic Necessities like Food of course.

I am all for flat tax. Unfortunately the Libs think it is not fair to the poor to actually make everyone pay the same %.
Could you explain the 'fairness' of further cutting the marginal tax rate for the rich while exponentially raising the rate for the poor? And explain it to someone who is living pay check to pay check, not someone living off the trust fund Grandfather set up.

50% for the top 2% with the maximum deductions of $100,000.

Its not punishing success, its being real.

Think about it. 250,000 taxable income is still 125,000. Who the hell would give up 125,000 for 20,000? Nobody. You're underestimating how many rich people want to be poor.

Sorry scab, it might be your debt, but it isn't mine. You think I should carry you and your guilt ridden self who handed us a 14Trillion debt? You commie hugging leech!~~~:lol:

Take responsibility for your own actions.
Sorry loser, it is your debt, just like everybody elses. You think we should carry your guilt ridden self because you didn't do well enough in life to avoid having to think that everybody who did do well enough in life owes you something?....You china loving has been~~~~~lol

In fact, go move to China. You can continue to live in a crap hole like you do now. Only difference is, you can be treated like shit, have your individuality stripped away, and basically eat weird garbage until the day your miserable abused ass dies. Just like the average chinese citizens do!

And again, why should they not pay their fair share of taxes?

The same % is not a fair tax!!! It must be the same amount of tax for equal representation.

BECAUSE they have not benefited from our government to the same degree that other favored groups have....

taxing them MORE, which is what you want to do, while taxing the wealthiest less, will NOT help with this country's ecomonic problems one bit, not an iota syrenn!

If you think a fair share of income taxes is taking away a family's livelihood then so be it....but you are so wrong to do such.

Forum List

Back