Fair Share Poll

What is the "fair share" tax burden of the rich.

• Total voters
Flat tax for everyone. No deductions, no right offs, no shenanigans, just a flat 10% for everybody. There will be no tax season or returns or tax payments.

The left is always bitchin about "equality" yet they have devised the most un-equal and complicated tax system ever. Then they bitch about the wealthy hiring people to find the tax loopholes and end up paying less then their tax bracket. Its your mess you idiots.

Its called a PROGRESSIVE tax for a reason. Its corrupt, complicated, and detrimental to our society.[/QUOTE]

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

The wealthy do so much for this country and ask for so little in return. I think we should tax them at 0% ..that way they can tinkle it down to the rest of us

Nope, everyone should pay the same % in tax.

Ooooops! Hold it grrrrrl. Using a % would make the rich pay more than you, and that isn't equal representation. If you want to go with everybody pay, then everybody pay what the lowest guy on the totem pole can pay annually, and no corporate taxation. That is fair.:eusa_angel:

Hey, dummy, nobody's arguing we should all pay the same amount, just at the same rate. There's a difference you know.

God these Marxists are dumb.

Flat tax for everyone. No deductions, no right offs, no shenanigans, just a flat 10% for everybody. There will be no tax season or returns or tax payments.

The left is always bitchin about "equality" yet they have devised the most un-equal and complicated tax system ever. Then they bitch about the wealthy hiring people to find the tax loopholes and end up paying less then their tax bracket. Its your mess you idiots.

Its called a PROGRESSIVE tax for a reason. Its corrupt, complicated, and detrimental to our society.[/QUOTE]

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

liberals liberals liberals liberals liberals liberals liberals liberals liberals

liberals liberals liberals liberals liberals liberals liberals liberals liberals

grow up willow....the right wing has manipulated the unfairness in the tax code as much or moreso than any Democrat.

Iowa, I try not to be confrontational with people. But I'm tired tonight, I'm still dealing with an uncomfortable dental problem and therefore more cranky than usual, so please take that into consideration when I tell you that frankly sir, I think you're full of it.

Keep the sales taxes and such at the local level, certainly no higher than state, so that we, the tax payers, can continue to vote whether we want to pay another quarter cent tax on this or that, or the powers are required to explain the cost of fees and licenses and such when asked.

At the federal level a flat tax is the most simple, most honest, and most reasonable way to be fair to everybody. Instead of worrying so much that the rich aren't being suitably punished by the tax code, you should be worrying that almost half of Americans pay no federal income tax at all. So they have absolutely no dog in the fight and suffer no consequences when taxes are raised on everybody else, but their vote counts as much as everybody else. I can't imagine a more corrupt or unfair system than that.

If ALL have to pay a proportionate share of the taxes, ALL will have much more interest in how much those taxes are and what Congress is doing with them.
The flat tax drastically reduces the tax burden on those who can afford it and drastically raises the tax burden on those who cannot. If you're living pay check to pay check, the taxes removed from you will mean the difference between saving and borrowing. While the rich have an added benefit through lower tax rates.

The middle class is where the money should be put, not the rich. Consumer spending drives the economy, creates jobs and enhances our standard of living. Trickle down doesn't work.

But, if you actually believe that taking more money from the poor and less money from the rich is fair, I have to wonder why.

If I'm making $350,000 a year and my taxes go from a marginal rate of 35% to 15%, my lifestyle will be enhanced. If I'm making $35,000 a year and my tax rate goes from 7% to 15%, I might not be able to buy the goods and services I used to and the economy grinds to a halt. Fair? Smart? Hardly.

But if you lose most of the deductions, exemptions, and tax credits that you can access now in order to get that flat rate, you might find yourself paying about as much as you paid before. Meanwhile if you're making $350,000 a year, the chances are good that you are contributing more than the average bear in various forms of philanthropy, you are investing in your own business and hiring people or investing in other business and thereby helping them grow, you are saving money so that it is in the bank available to others to borrow, and you are consuming far more than the average bear which also has a positive effect on the economy.

Every penny you spend, save, contribute, or invest in the private sector has a positive benefit on the overall economy. Every dollar confiscated in taxes is swallowed up in the bureaucracy where most of its value will be siphoned off just to support that and it also then unavailable to have a positive impact on the overall economy.

As for the low income people getting hit, yes they would. And they should. They are citizens as much as any people are citizens and therefore need to be paying their fair share to support the country just like everybody else. I believe such a system would so benefit the economy and it would take off with such vigor, there would be far more opportunities for the 'poor' to become much richer.

We need to stop making people wards of the government and start encouraging them to see and reach for their potential. That would be the compassionate road the way I see it.

I know many of you will say that when we cut taxes on the wealthy it didn't create any jobs. That is because the rich have so many other things to do with their money before they actually get around to hiring
The problem is that we haven't cut taxes on the wealthy enough yet. Once they have more money than they can dream of using, they will hire some people

The rich are not required to hire because you or anyone else thinks they should... even if they are more inclined to take risks and invest or start new businesses when they are burdened less...

What is required is equal treatment by government for all citizens.... something you and your motherfucking ilk only champion if it benefits you... and you and your motherfucking ilk champion unequal treatment by government when it benefits you also... as long as it benefits you or your pet causes, it's all well in good... true equal treatment be damned

Do the wealthy get to take the standard deductions that the middle class take? Do the wealthiest pay any tax of the first 20k they earn as a couple? NO, THEY DO NOT. they get these deductions as well....

So WHAT is not fair about that Diamond?

I do not support any deductions or anything unequal for everyone.... hence why I support the simplified flax tax

The rich are not required to hire because you or anyone else thinks they should... even if they are more inclined to take risks and invest or start new businesses when they are burdened less...

What is required is equal treatment by government for all citizens.... something you and your motherfucking ilk only champion if it benefits you... and you and your motherfucking ilk champion unequal treatment by government when it benefits you also... as long as it benefits you or your pet causes, it's all well in good... true equal treatment be damned

Do the wealthy get to take the standard deductions that the middle class take? Do the wealthiest pay any tax of the first 20k they earn as a couple? NO, THEY DO NOT. they get these deductions as well....

I do not support any deductions or anything unequal for everyone.... hence why I support the simplified flax tax

I support a flat tax as well, but only if there is a 'to be determined' amount for essentials, like a standard deduction or personal exemption amount.

It is still equal and fair....the wealthy along with the poor would get the same deduction for essentials, and all above that, everyone would be taxed at the flat rate.

I support a flat tax as well, but only if there is a 'to be determined' amount for essentials, like a standard deduction or personal exemption amount.

It is still equal and fair....the wealthy along with the poor would get the same deduction for essentials, and all above that, everyone would be taxed at the flat rate.

I agree completely. I would like to see a deduction for charitable contributions simply to encourage charitable contributions and I would like to see a deduction for home mortgage interest and taxes because of the tremendous difference home ownership makes to a community overall. But that's pretty much it, and I'm open to being talked out of it if somebody has a better argument. :)

Which inherently does not make it a flat tax... by the nature of mathematics, it is not a flat tax, it inherently becomes progressive...

Hence why you support it...

With equality comes good and bad.... but I will still take equality and equal treatment over the alternatives EVERY time

What syrenn said, with amplification

Low, flat tax rate. Individuals only (get rid of corporate income tax as it results in double taxation).

No deductions, no loop holes, no tax credits for social engineering/transfer payment purposes.

Abolish SS and Medicare taxes. Entitlements should be funded out of general receipts as we are headed towards mean testing anyway.
The fair tax.

Nothing is as egregious as the logic used to justify a flat tax rate. Currently the uber wealthy pay less than 35% That's 35% on incomes that would give the working poor nose bleeds.

So, Conservatives (never ones to miss an opportunity to fuck the middle class) now champion this idiocy called a flat tax.

What these Conservatives are asking for is a REDUCTION in the rates the wealthy pay from 35% to 15%.

Meanwhile, back in the home with three kids, medical bills, a mortgage and tuition payments on a $40,000 income, tax rates would skyrocket to 15%. We're always told that the working poor and less advantaged pay no taxes.

Way to grow the economy! Put more wealth into fewer hands! Concentrate more wealth and dilute the spending power of the real engine of the economy; the middle class.

What a patently stupid and unfair idea. Typical for Conservatives who only think of how to get rich (despite the reality they never will).
No, it is the idiot liberals that like to screw the middle class, they just lie and tell everyone otherwise. A fair tax where you only pay taxes on what you buy is the best system out there, everyone pays the same rate and keeps your money until you buy something.

The wealthy do so much for this country and ask for so little in return. I think we should tax them at 0% ..that way they can tinkle it down to the rest of us

Success should be punished, the liberal way !

Well of course! We tried punishing success the Retard way, and it didn't pay the bills. So now we will do it the Liberal way, so don't let let any of those rich bastards flee America with our money.
The rich do not have your money. The liberals have had two years and they royally screwed things up.

No, because I didn't generate the debt, nor benefit from the pillage & plunder in the ME. You have me confused with some rich dud who did.

bullshit, never ask of someone that which you aren't willing to do yourself little commie dud

Sorry scab, it might be your debt, but it isn't mine. You think I should carry you and your guilt ridden self who handed us a 14Trillion debt? You commie hugging leech!~~~:lol:

Take responsibility for your own actions.
Who handed you 14trillion dollars in debt? Not Bush. Obamaturd and the dimwits generated 4 trillion in two years on their own. Obamaturd has spent more in two years than Bush did in eight.

Iowa, I try not to be confrontational with people. But I'm tired tonight, I'm still dealing with an uncomfortable dental problem and therefore more cranky than usual, so please take that into consideration when I tell you that frankly sir, I think you're full of it.

Keep the sales taxes and such at the local level, certainly no higher than state, so that we, the tax payers, can continue to vote whether we want to pay another quarter cent tax on this or that, or the powers are required to explain the cost of fees and licenses and such when asked.

At the federal level a flat tax is the most simple, most honest, and most reasonable way to be fair to everybody. Instead of worrying so much that the rich aren't being suitably punished by the tax code, you should be worrying that almost half of Americans pay no federal income tax at all. So they have absolutely no dog in the fight and suffer no consequences when taxes are raised on everybody else, but their vote counts as much as everybody else. I can't imagine a more corrupt or unfair system than that.

If ALL have to pay a proportionate share of the taxes, ALL will have much more interest in how much those taxes are and what Congress is doing with them.
The flat tax drastically reduces the tax burden on those who can afford it and drastically raises the tax burden on those who cannot. If you're living pay check to pay check, the taxes removed from you will mean the difference between saving and borrowing. While the rich have an added benefit through lower tax rates.

The middle class is where the money should be put, not the rich. Consumer spending drives the economy, creates jobs and enhances our standard of living. Trickle down doesn't work.

But, if you actually believe that taking more money from the poor and less money from the rich is fair, I have to wonder why.

If I'm making $350,000 a year and my taxes go from a marginal rate of 35% to 15%, my lifestyle will be enhanced. If I'm making $35,000 a year and my tax rate goes from 7% to 15%, I might not be able to buy the goods and services I used to and the economy grinds to a halt. Fair? Smart? Hardly.

But if you lose most of the deductions, exemptions, and tax credits that you can access now in order to get that flat rate, you might find yourself paying about as much as you paid before. Meanwhile if you're making $350,000 a year, the chances are good that you are contributing more than the average bear in various forms of philanthropy, you are investing in your own business and hiring people or investing in other business and thereby helping them grow, you are saving money so that it is in the bank available to others to borrow, and you are consuming far more than the average bear which also has a positive effect on the economy.

Every penny you spend, save, contribute, or invest in the private sector has a positive benefit on the overall economy. Every dollar confiscated in taxes is swallowed up in the bureaucracy where most of its value will be siphoned off just to support that and it also then unavailable to have a positive impact on the overall economy.

As for the low income people getting hit, yes they would. And they should. They are citizens as much as any people are citizens and therefore need to be paying their fair share to support the country just like everybody else. I believe such a system would so benefit the economy and it would take off with such vigor, there would be far more opportunities for the 'poor' to become much richer.

We need to stop making people wards of the government and start encouraging them to see and reach for their potential. That would be the compassionate road the way I see it.
What makes businesses grow is demand. If the consumer sits on his hands, the economy slams on the brakes. At least that's how it's typically happened. This last one wasn't skimpy spending but outlandish risk taking and the conversion of Wall Street to Glitter Gulch. But that's another thread.

Consumer spending is what drives the economy. No rich guy is going to open a factory unless there is demand for his product.

By putting the most disposable income into the most hands, the economy grows, jobs are produced and the standard of living again increases.

Are there more millionaires than thousandaires? Of course not! The middle class DESERVES the tax breaks they enjoy because:

1) They form the consumer base this economy moves upon

2) They are the largest demographic therefore most able to stimulate demand and spending

3) They are constantly being squeezed for concessions, wage freezes or cuts, longer hours, elimination of the right to collective bargaining, higher medical costs,under water mortgages , higher tuition costs and foreign competition.

Raising their taxes and diluting their disposable income while cutting the taxes for those most comfortable cannot be sold as anything like "fair".

Are there more millionaires than thousandaires? Of course not! The middle class DESERVES the tax breaks they enjoy because:

1) They form the consumer base this economy moves upon

2) They are the largest demographic therefore most able to stimulate demand and spending

3) They are constantly being squeezed for concessions, wage freezes or cuts, longer hours, elimination of the right to collective bargaining, higher medical costs,under water mortgages , higher tuition costs and foreign competition.

Raising their taxes and diluting their disposable income while cutting the taxes for those most comfortable cannot be sold as anything like "fair".

Explain to me how it is 'fair' to punish Citizen A who made the effort to educate himself and discipline himself to make a good living to support a family, be an exemplary and philanthropic member of his community, and operate a business that provides opportunity to make a living for many people. . . .

And reward Citizen B who didn't do any of that?

And then further allow Citizen B to vote for people who will ensure that Citizen A will be obliged to continue to support Citizen B?

Why isn't it fair for everybody to pay the same percentage so that everybody has an equally proportionate stake in the outcome of whatever government decides?

Last edited:
It isn't fair to tax people whom are richer then others. That is unfair. Life isn't fair, but making it more unfair to help those less fortunate doesn't sound like a good idea. My family isn't rich, I don't even know if we are considered 'Middle-Class'.

To Hell with "fair" tax. I want to see an EFFECTIVE tax. Get the country out of steaming piles of debt, shorten the damn lines at the MVA, build an electric fence between here and Mexico, ship out the illegals, make college available to all who are will pursue bettering themselves through education, provide respectable benefits to the disabled and to military veterans. Life isn't fair, that's just how it is. I'm tired of people bitching that taxes are unfair. I want to see something that will actually benefit the greater good of the country, instead of the greater checking accounts of a handful.

It isn't fair to tax people whom are richer then others. That is unfair. Life isn't fair, but making it more unfair to help those less fortunate doesn't sound like a good idea. My family isn't rich, I don't even know if we are considered 'Middle-Class'.

it would be MORE unfair to tax your parents more, who already don't have any money to spare....trust me, your parents would agree.

it would be MORE unfair to tax your parents more, who already don't have any money to spare....trust me, your parents would agree.

I am not saying raise the taxes on anyone, just that it shouldn't be judged on a person's wealth, in my opinion, but how many people their are, and a average tax apply to all. I am not saying my opinion is right or wrong, it's my opinion, nothing more, nothing less.

Forum List

Back