FACTS on Dubya's great recession

RE: OP

Nice Whitewash.

In other words YOU can't refute FACTUAL data. Got it

Bush's documented policies and statements in time-frame leading up to the start of the Bush Mortgage Bubble include (but not limited to)

Wanting 5.5 million more minority homeowners
Tells congress there is nothing wrong with GSEs
Pledging to use federal policy to increase home ownership
Routinely taking credit for the housing market
Forcing GSEs to buy more low income home loans by raising their Housing Goals
Lowering Invesntment banks capital requirements, Net Capital rule
Reversing the Clinton rule that restricted GSEs purchases of subprime loans
Lowering down payment requirements to 0%
Forcing GSEs to spend an additional $440 billion in the secondary markets
Giving away 40,000 free down payments
PREEMPTING ALL STATE LAWS AGAINST PREDATORY LENDING

But the biggest policy was regulators not enforcing lending standards.

FACTS on Dubya s great recession US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Good little lap dog, 100% of Congress from the GOP side, were NOT conservatives in 2004 when they passed ADDI? lol

does the idiot have any idea what conservatism even is??

anal retentive?
will someone tell dumbto3 that conservatives vote for smaller govt, not bigger govt

Sure they do Bubba, and I believe in the tooth fairy and Santa too

will someone tell dumbto3 that real conservatives vote for smaller govt, not bigger govt, sign the pledge, shut down the govt, and vote for Balanced Budget Amendments, and that real liberals opppose all these things 100%.
Reagan never voted for any of those things. I guess you think he was a Liberal too, huh?

anal retentive?
will someone tell dumbto3 that conservatives vote for smaller govt, not bigger govt

will someone tell dumbto3 that real conservatives vote for smaller govt, not bigger govt, sign the pledge, shut down the govt, and vote for Balanced Budget Amendments, and that real liberals opppose all these things 100%.
Reagan never voted for any of those things. I guess you think he was a Liberal too, huh?
Reagan voted for FDR. While Republicans sign pledges for a balanced budget they never seem to try to pass a balanced budget, they just sign pledges. Maybe FDR was the last president to submit a bill to start the balanced budget process?

they never seem to try to pass a balanced budget,

too stupid as usual!! Newt's Balanced Budget Amendment passed the house and fell one vote short in the Senate. Democrats opposed all the way of course. A child would know this just not a liberal.

Here's a question on your level: Which party opposes an continued increase in the debt ceiling?

See why we are positive that liberalism is based in pure ignorance?

anal retentive?

Reagan was most conservative president after Jefferson. His main concern was defeating the USSR/Red China, freeing 2 billion people, and saving the world from nuclear anniliation so he made many compromises with libturds to get what he needed from them.

I do realize thats way to subtle for a liberal to grasp.

In fact the hoi polloi conservative is guided by this credo: "I got mine, fuck the rest of you".

wry catcher thinks he is morally superior when in reality he is a morality bigot

actual credo: Conservatives encourage all Americans to contribute to society to the largest extent possible rather than subversively cripple an ever growing percentage so they will be a dependent liberal voting population.

Rand Paul: "today 40% on disability have back pain or anxiety. I say: welcome to the club."

anal retentive?

Reagan was most conservative president after Jefferson. His main concern was defeating the USSR/Red China, freeing 2 billion people, and saving the world from nuclear anniliation so he made many compromises with libturds to get what he needed from them.

I understand you're too far gone mentally to grasp what you say, but you said, conservatives vote for smaller government and vote for Balanced Budget Amendments, and that real liberals opppose all these things 100%," and Reagan never voted for those things. Time and time again, your idiotic rantings paint Reagan as a raging Liberal.

rantings paint Reagan as a raging Liberal.

dear if a conservative has to compromise with a liberal to free 2 billion, end the cold war, and save the world from nuclear anniliation he will do it and still be a conservative.

It seems you lack the IQ to see that Obama, for example, is still a communist even though compromising with Republicans in our democracy renders policies implimented during his administration as middle of the road. Catching on now?

anal retentive?

Yes, let's ignore his signing the most liberal abortion law in the nation while Guv of C
In fact the hoi polloi conservative is guided by this credo: "I got mine, fuck the rest of you".

wry catcher thinks he is morally superior when in reality he is a morality bigot

actual credo: Conservatives encourage all Americans to contribute to society to the largest extent possible rather than subversively cripple an ever growing percentage so they will be a dependent liberal voting population.

Rand Paul: "today 40% on disability have back pain or anxiety. I say: welcome to the club."

"Rand Paul: "today 40% on disability have back pain or anxiety. I say: welcome to the club."

Our ruling

Paul said, "Over half the people on disability are either anxious or their back hurts."

The numbers don’t add up. The two broader disability categories that include back pain ("diseases of the musculoskeletal system") and anxiety disorders ("mental disorders - other") don’t even equal close to 50 percent, let alone those two ailments by themselves.

Paul’s quip might make for a good soundbite, but it’s not rooted in reality. We rate the statement False.

Rand Paul says most people receive disability for back pain anxiety PolitiFact
lol

dear if a conservative has to compromise with a liberal to free 2 billion, end the cold war, and save the world from nuclear anniliation he will do it and still be a conservative.

It seems you lack the IQ to see that Obama, for example, is still a communist even though compromising with Republicans in our democracy renders policies implimented during his administration as middle of the road. Catching on now?

The guy who cut and ran from terrorists AFTER funding terrorists was conservative? Who was the guy as Guv who signed the most liberal abortion law in the nation? Or as Prez AFTER his tax cuts for the rich, increased taxes 11 times?

LOL

anal retentive?

1. Reagan was a serial tax raiser. As governor of California, Reagan “signed into law the largest tax increase in the history of any state up till then.” Meanwhile, state spending nearly doubled. As president, Reagan “raised taxes in seven of his eight years in office,” including four times in just two years. As former GOP Senator Alan Simpson, who called Reagan “a dear friend,” told NPR, “Ronald Reagan raised taxes 11 times in his administration — I was there.” “Reagan was never afraid to raise taxes,” said historian Douglas Brinkley, who edited Reagan’s memoir. Reagan the anti-tax zealot is “false mythology,” Brinkley said.

2. Reagan nearly tripled the federal budget deficit. During the Reagan years, the debt increased to nearly $3 trillion, “roughly three times as much as the first 80 years of the century had done altogether.” Reagan enacted a major tax cut his first year in office and government revenue dropped off precipitously. Despite the conservative myth that tax cuts somehow increase revenue, the government went deeper into debt and Reagan had to raise taxes just a year after he enacted his tax cut. Despite ten more tax hikes on everything from gasoline to corporate income, Reagan was never able to get the deficit under control.

3. Unemployment soared after Reagan’s 1981 tax cuts. Unemployment jumped to 10.8 percent after Reagan enacted his much-touted tax cut, and it took years for the rate to get back down to its previous level. Meanwhile, income inequality exploded. Despite the myth that Reagan presided over an era of unmatched economic boom for all Americans, Reagan disproportionately taxed the poor and middle class, but the economic growth of the 1980’s did little help them. “Since 1980, median household income has risen only 30 percent, adjusted for inflation, while average incomes at the top have tripled or quadrupled,” the New York Times’ David Leonhardt noted.

4. Reagan grew the size of the federal government tremendously. Reagan promised “to move boldly, decisively, and quickly to control the runaway growth of federal spending,” but federal spending “ballooned” under Reagan. He bailed out Social Security in 1983 after attempting to privatize it, and set up a progressive taxation system to keep it funded into the future. He promised to cut government agencies like the Department of Energy and Education but ended up adding one of the largest — the Department of Veterans’ Affairs, which today has a budget of nearly $90 billion and close to 300,000 employees. He also hiked defense spending by over $100 billion a year to a level not seen since the height of the Vietnam war.

5. Reagan did little to fight a woman’s right to choose. As governor of California in 1967, Reagan signed a bill to liberalize the state’s abortion laws that “resulted in more than a million abortions.” When Reagan ran for president, he advocated a constitutional amendment that would have prohibited all abortions except when necessary to save the life of the mother, but once in office, he “never seriously pursued” curbing choice.

6. Reagan was a “bellicose peacenik.” He wrote in his memoirs that “[m]y dream…became a world free of nuclear weapons.” “This vision stemmed from the president’s belief that the biblical account of Armageddon prophesied nuclear war — and that apocalypse could be averted if everyone, especially the Soviets, eliminated nuclear weapons,” the Washington Monthly noted. And Reagan’s military buildup was meant to crush the Soviet Union, but “also to put the United States in a stronger position from which to establish effective arms control” for the the entire world — a vision acted out by Regean’s vice president, George H.W. Bush, when he became president.

7. Reagan gave amnesty to 3 million undocumented immigrants. Reagan signed into law a bill that made any immigrant who had entered the country before 1982 eligible for amnesty. The bill was sold as a crackdown, but its tough sanctions on employers who hired undocumented immigrants were removed before final passage. The bill helped 3 million people and millions more family members gain American residency. It has since become a source of major embarrassment for conservatives.

8. Reagan illegally funneled weapons to Iran. Reagan and other senior U.S. officials secretly sold arms to officials in Iran, which was subject to a an arms embargo at the time, in exchange for American hostages. Some funds from the illegal arms sales also went to fund anti-Communist rebels in Nicaragua — something Congress had already prohibited the administration from doing. When the deals went public, the Iran-Contra Affair, as it came to be know, was an enormous political scandal that forced several senior administration officials to resign.

9. Reagan vetoed a comprehensive anti-Apartheid act. which placed sanctions on South Africa and cut off all American trade with the country. Reagan’s veto was overridden by the Republican-controlled Senate. Reagan responded by saying “I deeply regret that Congress has seen fit to override my veto,” saying that the law “will not solve the serious problems that plague that country.”

10. Reagan helped create the Taliban and Osama Bin Laden. Reagan fought a proxy war with the Soviet Union by training, arming, equipping, and funding Islamist mujahidin fighters in Afghanistan. Reagan funneled billions of dollars, along with top-secret intelligence and sophisticated weaponry to these fighters through the Pakistani intelligence service. The Talbian and Osama Bin Laden — a prominent mujahidin commander — emerged from these mujahidin groups Reagan helped create, and U.S. policy towards Pakistan remains strained because of the intelligence services’ close relations to these fighters. In fact, Reagan’s decision to continue the proxy war after the Soviets were willing to retreat played a direct role in Bin Laden’s ascendancy.

Conservatives seem to be in such denial about the less flattering aspects of Reagan; it sometimes appears as if they genuinely don’t know the truth of his legacy.

10 Things Conservatives Don t Want You To Know About Ronald Reagan ThinkProgress

The guy who cut and ran from terrorists AFTER funding terrorists was conservative? Who was the guy as Guv who signed the most liberal abortion law in the nation? Or as Prez AFTER his tax cuts for the rich, increased taxes 11 times?

LOL

dear, as dumbto3 you're too stupid to understand. Obama is no less of a communist because he could not get single payer passed over objections of Congress, press, courts, and electorate. See why we say slow?

LOL

dear, as dumbto3 you're too stupid to understand. Obama is no less of a communist because he could not get single payer passed over objections of Congress, press, courts, and electorate. See why we say slow?

So AS USUAL you'll ignore liberal Ronnie Reagan, lol

LOL

too stupid, in our democracy Obama could not impliment communism but that does not mean he is not a communist.

LOL

too stupid, in our democracy Obama could not impliment communism but that does not mean he is not a communist.

Yet Ronnie had more tax increases than Obama, lol

LOL

can someone tell this complete and total idiot that the issue is whether capitalism or communism is correct not whether Reagan came closer to implimenting capitalism than Obama came to implimenting communism.

Which means Reagan was a Liberal according to you.

LOL

can someone tell this complete and total idiot that the issue is whether capitalism or communism is correct not whether Reagan came closer to implimenting capitalism than Obama came to implimenting communism.

True I guess, Ronnie had a top rate of 50% his first 6 years, that commie!

Forum List

Back