FACTS on Dubya's great recession

Small brained little con. WORLD WIDE CREDIT BUBBLE AND BUST BY THE BANKSTERS

why does dumbto3 say, by the worldwide banksters rather than by libsoviet regulation?? Does dumbto3 deny that soviet govt regulation caused the USSR economic system to collapse?

Got it. As usual you can't stay on topic or use your tiny little brain for anything but a door stop...

4th time: why does dumbto3 say, by the worldwide banksters rather than by libsoviet regulation?? Does dumbto3 deny that soviet govt regulation caused the USSR economic system to collapse?

So you are an ignorant tool and you keep proving it? Thanks Bubba

Only the most severely retarded idiots believe Bush was a Liberal.

so then why are you so afraid to tell us what Bush did that was conservative?? What do you learn from your fear?

How about ignoring regulator warnings? Fighting ALL 50 states that wanted to regulate the predatory lenders, using starve the beast policies like 2 UNFUNDED tax cuts as he grew spending , UNFUNDED Medicare expansion that had ZERO new funding, but is expected to come out of the general fund, came between a man and his wife (Schiavo), went to war on false premises, etc?

so then why are you so afraid to tell us what Bush did that was conservative?? What do you learn from your fear?

How about ignoring regulator warnings? Fighting ALL 50 states that wanted to regulate the predatory lenders, using starve the beast policies like 2 UNFUNDED tax cuts as he grew spending , UNFUNDED Medicare expansion that had ZERO new funding, but is expected to come out of the general fund, came between a man and his wife (Schiavo), went to war on false premises, etc?

Oh good grief...

Now I remember why I put this moron on ignore.

This response is not to the question....it simply is the rantings of someone who can't bang out the crap fast enough.

He did those things because he was conservative ?

Someone get a straightjacket.....duddypeepee has really lost it.

Oh good grief...

Now I remember why I put this moron on ignore.

This response is not to the question....it simply is the rantings of someone who can't bang out the crap fast enough.

He did those things because he was conservative ?

Someone get a straightjacket.....duddypeepee has really lost it.

Weird, 90%+ of conservatives voted for Dubya, TWICE

STARVE THE BEAST ISN'T A CONSERVATIVE POSITION? lol

`

Why are you afraid to respond to the list I gave you last time you asked?
What list??
The list of conservative actions taken by Bush. I need not repeat a response to a question you are too afraid to address.

What list??
The list of conservative actions taken by Bush. I need not repeat a response to a question you are too afraid to address.

Idiot liberal has ended his own threat by admitting Bush was a liberal.

What list??

You're too stupid for words to think that. Apparently, you think things like cutting taxes and giving the unborn rights are "Liberal" positions. :cuckoo:

Last edited:
What list??

You're too stupid for words to think that. Apparently, you think things like cutting taxes and giving the unborn rights are "Liberal" positions. :cuckoo:

No dear, Bush was a liberal who cut taxes, raised more revenue than ever, and spend money like there was no tomorrow on huge new programs like the Prescription Drug Bill.
Do you understand now?

What list??

No dear, Bush was a liberal who cut taxes, raised more revenue than ever, and spend money like there was no tomorrow on huge new programs like the Prescription Drug Bill.
Do you understand now?

Sure he brought in morte revenues *shakingf head*

If you 're going to lie about it, a least make the money like Druggie Limpballs

Taking US to Korean levels of GDP (the way economists look at it), less than 15% from Clinton's 20%, isn't bringing in more revenues. And thank the conservatives in the GOP for the Medicare expansion, lol

Bush CEA Chair Mankiw: Claim That Broad-Based Income Tax Cuts Increase Revenue Is Not "Credible," Capital Income Tax Cuts Also Don't Pay For Themselves

Bush-Appointed Federal Reserve Chair Bernanke: "I Don't Think That As A General Rule Tax Cuts Pay For Themselves."

Bush Treasury Secretary Paulson: "As A General Rule, I Don't Believe That Tax Cuts Pay For Themselves."

Bush OMB Director Nussle: "Some Say That [The Tax Cut] Was A Total Loss. Some Say They Totally Pay For Themselves. It's Neither Extreme."

Bush CEA Chairman Lazear: "As A General Rule, We Do Not Think Tax Cuts Pay For Themselves."

Bush Economic Adviser Viard: "Federal Revenue Is Lower Today Than It Would Have Been Without The Tax Cuts."

Bush Treasury Official Carroll: "We Do Not Think Tax Cuts Pay For Themselves."

Reagan Chief Economist Feldstein: "It's Not That You Get More Revenue By Lowering Tax Rates, It Is That You Don't Lose As Much."

Feldstein In 1986: "Hyperbole" That Reagan Tax Cut "Would Actually Increase Tax Revenue."

Conservative Economist Holtz-Eakin: "No Serious Research Evidence" Suggests Tax Cuts Pay For Themselves."

What list??

Do you understand now?
Yes, I understand you are a moron who thinks Bush was. Liberal. :cuckoo:

What list??

Do you understand now?
Yes, I understand you are a moron who thinks Bush was. Liberal. :cuckoo:

Do you understand now?

Bush tried 17 times to stop the community reinvestment act. He could never overcome Franklin Raines being black.

CRA is to blame?

"In 2004, it was Bush who started to push Fannie and Freddie into subprime mortgages, because they were boasting about how they were expanding homeownership for low-income people. And I said at the time, 'Hey—(a) this is going to jeopardize their profitability, but (b) it's going to put people in homes they can't afford, and they're gonna lose them.'"

Barney Frank - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia 2009 Frank responded to what he called "wholly inaccurate efforts by Republicans to blame Democrats, and [me] in particular" for the subprime mortgage crisis, which is linked to the financial crisis of 2007–2009.[49] He outlined his efforts to reform these institutions and add regulations, but met resistance from Republicans, with the main exception being a bill with Republican Mike Oxley that died because of opposition from President Bush.[49] The 2005 bill included Frank objectives, which were to impose tighter regulation of Fannie and Freddie and new funds for rental housing. Frank and Mike Oxley achieved broad bipartisan support for the bill in the Financial Services Committee, and it passed the House. But the Senate never voted on the measure, in part because President Bush was likely to veto it. "If it had passed, that would have been one of the ways we could have reined in the bowling ball going downhill called housing," Oxley told Frank. In an op-ed piece in the Wall Street Journal, Lawrence B. Lindsey, a former economic adviser to President George W. Bush, wrote that Frank "is the only politician I know who has argued that we needed tighter rules that intentionally produce fewer homeowners and more renters."

FACTS are stubborn things
Thank you for debunking the false rw meme Tipsycatlover & CrusaderFrank have been peddling ad nauseum. It has been debunked before but they keep hoping, against the facts, that people won't notice

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using Tapatalk

Bush tried 17 times to stop the community reinvestment act. He could never overcome Franklin Raines being black.

CRA is to blame?

"In 2004, it was Bush who started to push Fannie and Freddie into subprime mortgages, because they were boasting about how they were expanding homeownership for low-income people. And I said at the time, 'Hey—(a) this is going to jeopardize their profitability, but (b) it's going to put people in homes they can't afford, and they're gonna lose them.'"

Barney Frank - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia 2009 Frank responded to what he called "wholly inaccurate efforts by Republicans to blame Democrats, and [me] in particular" for the subprime mortgage crisis, which is linked to the financial crisis of 2007–2009.[49] He outlined his efforts to reform these institutions and add regulations, but met resistance from Republicans, with the main exception being a bill with Republican Mike Oxley that died because of opposition from President Bush.[49] The 2005 bill included Frank objectives, which were to impose tighter regulation of Fannie and Freddie and new funds for rental housing. Frank and Mike Oxley achieved broad bipartisan support for the bill in the Financial Services Committee, and it passed the House. But the Senate never voted on the measure, in part because President Bush was likely to veto it. "If it had passed, that would have been one of the ways we could have reined in the bowling ball going downhill called housing," Oxley told Frank. In an op-ed piece in the Wall Street Journal, Lawrence B. Lindsey, a former economic adviser to President George W. Bush, wrote that Frank "is the only politician I know who has argued that we needed tighter rules that intentionally produce fewer homeowners and more renters."

Thank you for debunking the false rw meme Tipsycatlover & CrusaderFrank have been peddling ad nauseum. It has been debunked before but they keep hoping, against the facts, that people won't notice

I have been posting on this most anywhere I find myself. Even Democrats, liberals, progressives, and lefties often have a difficult time separating the facts from the noise out there.

Barney Frank has a Bush Admin Economic adviser on his side as well as a respected GOP House leader during the time in question. Barney made some errors as did others, but he did not push the housing ownership madness. Barney was late to the realization of the bubble bursting but -- omfg, who wasn't?

CRA is to blame?

Frank responded to what he called "wholly inaccurate efforts by Republicans to blame Democrats, and [me] in particular" for the subprime mortgage crisis, which is linked to the financial crisis of 2007–2009.[49] He outlined his efforts to reform these institutions and add regulations, but met resistance from Republicans, with the main exception being a bill with Republican Mike Oxley that died because of opposition from President Bush.[49] The 2005 bill included Frank objectives, which were to impose tighter regulation of Fannie and Freddie and new funds for rental housing. Frank and Mike Oxley achieved broad bipartisan support for the bill in the Financial Services Committee, and it passed the House. But the Senate never voted on the measure, in part because President Bush was likely to veto it. "If it had passed, that would have been one of the ways we could have reined in the bowling ball going downhill called housing," Oxley told Frank. In an op-ed piece in the Wall Street Journal, Lawrence B. Lindsey, a former economic adviser to President George W. Bush, wrote that Frank "is the only politician I know who has argued that we needed tighter rules that intentionally produce fewer homeowners and more renters."

CRA is to blame?

I have been posting on this most anywhere I find myself. Even Democrats, liberals, progressives, and lefties often have a difficult time separating the facts from the noise out there.

Barney Frank has a Bush Admin Economic adviser on his side as well as a respected GOP House leader during the time in question. Barney made some errors as did others, but he did not push the housing ownership madness. Barney was late to the realization of the bubble bursting but -- omfg, who wasn't?

One president controlled the regulators that not only let banks stop checking income but cheered them on. And as president Bush could enact the very policies that caused the Bush Mortgage Bubble and he did. And his party controlled Congress.

June 17, 2004

Home builders, realtors and others are preparing to fight a Bush administration plan that would require Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac to increase financing of homes for low-income people, a home builder group said Thursday.

Home builders fight Bush s low-income housing - Jun. 17 2004

We have also relaxed some of our underwriting criteria to obtain goals-qualifying mortgage loans and increased our investments in higher-risk mortgage loan products that are more likely to serve the borrowers targeted by HUD’s goals and subgoals,

http://www.fanniemae.com/resources/file/ir/pdf/stock-info/series_T_05152008.pdf

HOLY COW! Bush forced them to lower their standards. If only somebody had warned us that Bush's policies would hurt Freddie and Fannie. Wait, somebody did.

Fannie, Freddie to Suffer Under New Rule, Barney Frank Says

Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac would suffer financially under a Bush administration requirement that they channel more mortgage financing to people with low incomes, said the senior Democrat on a congressional panel that sets regulations for the companies.

So if your narrative is "GSEs are to blame" then you have to blame Dubya

http://democrats.financialservices....s/112/06-17-04-new-Fannie-goals-Bloomberg.pdf

Forum List

Back