facebook killer, killed himself

I;m old enough to know that the cops killed him which is fine.

how come the cops can't say it?

Castillian is definitely not negro. My ancestors were Castillian and when they say "cracker" it's me they're speaking of.
The Moors are in turbans in the painting. They are depicted pale like the spaniards
Pictures can be altered to serve nefarious agendas. I shall call upon Shakespeare to bear witness in heralding the blackness of
the main Moorish character in his classic work...Othello.
Why Is Othello Black?
Because Shakespeare said he was in the lines where Othello described himself.
But he did not mean black in the same way we think of black today. The English of the time believed all Moors were 'Turks' a.k.a Arabs, and they described them as black because they had darker skin than Englishmen... Had nothing to do with subsaharan Africans.
You pretend the British knew nothing of so-called sub -Saharan Africans. We know they did and chose not to differentiate them from their North African brothers. We also know
that the Sahara did not really separate the nomadic populations of northern and interior Africa as much as you would like to think.

The Moors are in turbans in the painting. They are depicted pale like the spaniards
Pictures can be altered to serve nefarious agendas. I shall call upon Shakespeare to bear witness in heralding the blackness of
Why Is Othello Black?
But he did not mean black in the same way we think of black today. The English of the time believed all Moors were 'Turks' a.k.a Arabs, and they described them as black because they had darker skin than Englishmen... Had nothing to do with subsaharan Africans.
You pretend the British knew nothing of so-called sub -Saharan Africans. We know they did and chose not to differentiate them from their North African brothers. We also know
that the Sahara did not really separate the nomadic populations of northern and interior Africa as much as you would like to think.
You are really thickheaded dude. He was called a Moor, and at the time...in England...that meant Turk or Arab. Not negroes.

I;m old enough to know that the cops killed him which is fine.

how come the cops can't say it?
How do you know this?

Because I am a grown person with emotional intelligence
So you don't actually know that for a fact. And what the hell is 'emotional intelligence'? Emotionally informed opinions and views are not usually logical and rational.

He was already armed and dangerous and the cops shot him

The end

Castillian is definitely not negro. My ancestors were Castillian and when they say "cracker" it's me they're speaking of.
Why Is Othello Black?
The way we think of blacks today is wrong, not what the British thought during the time of Shakespeare.

Why Is Othello Black?
The way we think of blacks today is wrong, not what the British thought during the time of Shakespeare.
Smh....

Why Is Othello Black?
You are really thickheaded dude. He was called a Moor, and at the time...in England...that meant Turk or Arab. Not negroes.
But you are missing the point. Othello described himself in the play as Black...not as a Moor. And with the settings being in Spain, the Spanish word for Black would be....say it with me slowly....NEGRO!

But you are missing the point. Othello described himself in the play as Black...not as a Moor. And with the settings being in Spain, the Spanish word for Black would be....say it with me slowly....NEGRO!
No I am not missing the point...you are. Othello is a Moor in the play, doesn't matter if he says he is black...because he isn't talking about being a subsaharan black man. 'Black' meant swarthy to Englishmen at the time.

Why Is Othello Black?
Smh....
Whazzat mean

Smh....
Whazzat mean
*Shaking My Head

No I am not missing the point...you are. Othello is a Moor in the play, doesn't matter if he says he is black...because he isn't talking about being a subsaharan black man. 'Black' meant swarthy to Englishmen at the time.
The play is set in Spain where the word for Black is Negro. Black or Negro was not associated with race at the time because some North Africansz (Turegs and some Moors) and Asian Indians were blacker than folks living in the heart of Africa. The Spanish word Negro would have applied to all of them and Shakespeare correctly
Rendered Othello as belonging to the Black skinned community. Race and racism was later manufactured by slavers to divide and conquer.

JQ Public. .the link I provided explains what I am saying to you about Othello being 'black'. It gives you the historical context.
That is just one man's opinion. Since many moors have black skin it is silly to not recognize that the range of skin tones among them is as varied as those of Blacks in America.

JQ Public. .the link I provided explains what I am saying to you about Othello being 'black'. It gives you the historical context.
That is just one man's opinion. Since many moors have black skin it is silly to not recognize that the range of skin tones among them is as varied as those of Blacks in America.
Skin tone range isn't the important part anyway. The fact is that the Moors were considered to be the same as Turks and Arabs to the Europeans of the time. You can even find painting from the time, and they do depict varying skin tones of Moors, and even actual subsaharan negroes...but the features of the negroes are depicted different than the Moors.

Skin tone range isn't the important part anyway. The fact is that the Moors were considered to be the same as Turks and Arabs to the Europeans of the time. You can even find painting from the time, and they do depict varying skin tones of Moors, and even actual subsaharan negroes...but the features of the negroes are depicted different than the Moors.
But the pictures could be viewed another way. Perhaps the Moors depicted are the Blacks and the lighter folks are their slaves.

But the pictures could be viewed another way. Perhaps the Moors depicted are the Blacks and the lighter folks are their slaves.
No. That's not correct. The blacks are the slaves....as they had always been wherever they were outside of subsaharan Africa. Heck...they still enslave each other in parts of subsaharan Africa.

No. That's not correct. The blacks are the slaves....as they had always been wherever they were outside of subsaharan Africa. Heck...they still enslave each other in parts of subsaharan Africa.
So I guess we have to agree to disagree.

Forum List

Back