Facebook Deletes “Donald Trump is Our President” Facebook Fan Page with 3,276,000 Fans!

...I never claimed to be a violent criminal thug, without a job to take up my time...
Never said you were. But if you-and-yours feel strongly enough about it, then perhaps you need to be out there protesting.

...Your response makes no sense.
Oh, it makes plenty of sense... when it comes to protesting, it was a comparison... something about putting your money where your mouth is. :21:

Once again, Facebook attacks the 1st Amendment censoring Trump supporters.

Once again, Trumpsters display their ignorance of the Constitution and the First Amendment.

Once again, dblack engages in ignorantia affectata. Facebook advertises itself as an open public forum in terms of Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act of 1996, which provides immunity from liability for providers of interactive computer services who publish information provided by others. Facebook routinely violates its own rules and moves the goalposts for no other reason than to censor conservative views, often defining them as indecent or offensive. Facebook actually features Antifa on its platform and has banned Patriot Prayer and other free speech advocates out of Berkeley, Seattle and Portland, for example, who oppose them.

If Facebook is going to behave as a published of leftist filth, censor conservative thought and hide behind the protections afforded a public provider under the law,. I say it's time to revoke its immunity. I say it should be treated for what it is, namely, a publisher.

Facebook is violating the spirit of constitutional law and the letter of pertinent civil law.

What say you to that?

Last edited:
...I never claimed to be a violent criminal thug, without a job to take up my time...
Never said you were. But if you-and-yours feel strongly enough about it, then perhaps you need to be out there protesting.

Oh, it makes plenty of sense... when it comes to protesting, it was a comparison... something about putting your money where your mouth is. :21:

My point was that you are hypocritical in your response.

You are fine with this now, because it benefits your side.

If the situation was reversed, you would not be fine with it.

That was my point, obviously.

Your response, did not address that.

You dodged, because you know that my point is correct.

Give an example
Look at YouTube. They are almost exclusively banning and demonotizing right wing content.
YouTube is a private enterprise and can regulate offensive content

except when it violates their own rules and offensive is subjective and in their case its all political based,,
Private enterprise....they make the rules

If conservatives are unable to follow them, it is their problem

So you favor companies being able to fire employees for not following rules, like supporting the wrong political candidate.

The boss is always right

Historically the left has never been a champion of free speech. On the contrary, the left has always sought to silence speech. That's what they do.

You do realize that Facebook is a private entity and can make their own rules?
So are phone companies but you do not see AT&T censoring your speech on the phone. Same difference. Can you see phone companies cutting off service to Trump supporters?

Historically the left has never been a champion of free speech. On the contrary, the left has always sought to silence speech. That's what they do.

So are phone companies but you do not see AT&T censoring your speech on the phone. Same difference. Can you see phone companies cutting off service to Trump supporters?

my phone calls on AT&T are not public for the whole world to read and as such they do not harm the business model of AT&T.

my phone calls on AT&T are not public for the whole world to read and as such they do not harm the business model of AT&T.

How exactly does a Trump fan page harm the business model of AT&T

It does not because AT&T does not have fan pages.

you seem very confused about what AT&T does.

Let me ask you this, AT&T owns Direct TV, do they just allow anything and everything to be show on it? Or to they exercise some control?

My point was that you are hypocritical in your response.

You are fine with this now, because it benefits your side.

If the situation was reversed, you would not be fine with it.

That was my point, obviously.

Your response, did not address that.

You dodged, because you know that my point is correct.

The hypocrisy of the left is obvious. Others fail to grasp the fact that Facebook and Google are immune to the legal challenges to which publishers are subject precisely because they agreed to be providers of public platforms for open discourse. They are violating the terms of the immunity afforded them by the people. They want the full protections of the First Amendment sans the responsibilities and consequences thereof as they simultaneously censor conservative opinion. It's a shit show of hypocrisy and arguments predicated on misplaced principles of liberty.

That is changing.
The internet is a means of public communication today, and is the main vehicle for such. Any company opening social media should be regulated to an extent that they must provide equal opportunity for speech etc.
Much the same way. for instance. as the Equal Housing laws were passed for property owners.

It does not because AT&T does not have fan pages.

you seem very confused about what AT&T does.

Let me ask you this, AT&T owns Direct TV, do they just allow anything and everything to be show on it? Or to they exercise some control?
AT&T only broadcast channels so they have no say in the content of those channels. They can drop specific channels but not specific shows.

There is no more American, or liberal, value than freedom of expression.

This has nothing to do with the First Amendment or this law or that law or Facebook or Trump. This is about a segment of our population that chooses to spit on the spirit of that critical and unique liberal value because that segment is more authoritarian than it is liberal.

This is a cultural problem. We should all support and advocate for freedom of expression, in virtually every context. Ideas and innovation and solutions and progress all come from getting everything out in the open. I think we all know that.

Liberalism is in the process of being replaced by illiberal leftist authoritarianism.

There are thousands of Pro Trump pages on Facebook

This one must have done something really wrong

The page is back up if someone hasn't already said so.
7 hours ago Facebook apparently reversed their decision and said "it was a misunderstanding".

There is no more American, or liberal, value than freedom of expression.

This has nothing to do with the First Amendment or this law or that law. This is about a segment of our population that chooses to spit on the spirit of that critical and unique liberal value because it's more authoritarian than it is liberal.

This is a cultural problem. We should all support and advocate for freedom of expression, in virtually every context. Ideas and innovation and solutions and progress all come from getting everything out in the open. I think we all know that.

Liberalism is in the process of being replaced by illiberal leftist authoritarianism.

Like it or not, a company should be allowed to make decisions about their business. If FB feels a certain page will drive away more people than it will attract, then they have every right to remove it.

The ironic thing about all of this is the damn page is still there. I opened it this morning.

That is changing.
The internet is a means of public communication today, and is the main vehicle for such. Any company opening social media should be regulated to an extent that they must provide equal opportunity for speech etc.
Much the same way. for instance. as the Equal Housing laws were passed for property owners.
Boy that is a stretch

Regulating a Free Press is somewhere we do not want to go

That is changing.
Boy that is a stretch

Regulating a Free Press is somewhere we do not want to go

?
Uh...no one is regulating free speech, actually the opposite. Keeping someone from "regulating" free speech on their own.
My point is valid, Social media is how people communicate today. Keeping it free and equal is important. LEFT or RIGHT.

Forum List

Back