Facebook Admits to Political Bias

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
Color me shocked the left hate free speech.

Facebook announced Monday it was sending employees out for retraining and would discontinue some of its practices as it sought to defend itself against charges of political bias against conservatives.

The online giant denied that it’s shown “systematic political bias,” but admitted employees played a bigger role than previously acknowledged in determining what news is highlighted in the trending topics section.

Facebook also acknowledged that it couldn’t rule out the possibility that rogue employees unintentionally discriminated against conservative stories or even acted with malice in “isolated improper actions.”

In one instance Facebook rejected a story this year about the opening of the annual Conservative Political Action Conference — the largest gathering of right-wing activists in the country. Facebook says that was likely because there were already enough stories about the Republican presidential primary. But the company said since it allowed CPAC posts in 2015, and covered other parts of the 2016 conference, there wasn’t any discrimination.

Keep reading…

With the media it's very simple. Whatever they say, take the opposite and you will have the truth. Who said it was useless?

Facebooks right. They're innovators and respect knowledge and education. Things that conservatives don't.

Did you mean to say that they respect brainwashing based on propaganda, like liberals?

Why does Facebook, a private corporation, need to be neutral?

Fuck you, anti-capitalist.

you're story doesn't support the thread title.

also - were facebook to choose to promote or not promote stories for any reason it would not be an affront to free speech. dumbass.

Facebooks right. They're innovators and respect knowledge and education. Things that conservatives don't.

They obviously don't respect the free choice of their users. Whenever conservative stories started to become popular they watered it down but when they made the 'liberal' choice they let it fly.

I think Facebook was always kind of stupid. Big f'n deal. You put up a website with all of your personal data on it. Why is that so cool?

They obviously don't respect the free choice of their users. Whenever conservative stories started to become popular they watered it down but when they made the 'liberal' choice they let it fly.
Their users are subject to the whims of a privately held corporation, dumbfuck.

This is not PBS, which you hate.

I think Facebook was always kind of stupid. Big f'n deal. You put up a website with all of your personal data on it. Why is that so cool?
Because you get to say how great you are, a corporation owns all the data, and the government gets its intelligence for free.

How great is that? Dumbshits.

I have a lot more respect for facebook then liberterians in general as they believe in moving the poor upwards, education and innovation. Of course, facebook wont agree with the conservative belief system. How hard is this to understand?

Also, there's plenty of conservatives on facebook.

Anyone that doesn't know that it uses algorithms to manipulate world opinion for political and financial reasons are kinda of dim witted.

Folks that have fan pages or interests or "like" things just contribute to the problem.

Facebook is a monopoly and should be broken up using U.S. anti-trust laws. No private corporation should have so much power as Facebook.

Facebook is a monopoly and should be broken up using U.S. anti-trust laws. No private corporation should have so much power as Facebook.

What are you, 40? 50?

A lot of kids in Junior High and High School don't even use it now, it's so out dated and old. It's all Instagram now or Google plus, or something else.

One who hates capitalism.
Anti-trust laws are pro-capitalism.
Facebook is a public utility or Standard Oil?

I didn't know posting funny cat videos or what I had for dinner was a subject to unfair trade?

Anyone can beat Facebook. What it decides to publish as news is its own goddamned business. Those are the rules, you supposedly believe in?

Forum List

Back