Face it, Obama-haters, he is going to get re-elected

I doubt it. Obama has faced an opposition stronger than any of those people you mentioned, all put together. None of those other Presidents had the internet and it's myriad of hate filled antagonists. None of the other presidents had a congress too fucking SCARED to have meaningful dialogue because of an entity like the Tea Party.

I see a much tougher Obama if/when he gets re-elected. The ironic thing about it is... the Republicans could potentially unseat him. But they are too enamored with cartoon characters for their Candidates(not surprising). The only semi valid option is Romney... and he seems very much like a sleazy used car salesman(IMO, of course).

The problem with Conservatives in general, and the Tea Party in particular... is that they want all these changes to come wholesale and immediately. I'm sorry... there's way too much resistance for that to happen. Especially when they align themselves with the people who have the world by the ass already. Because simply... there's too many(by a insurmountable margin) who aren't even close to breaking even... let alone having the world by the ass.

In short... You idiots need to revise your gameplan...at least in duration, if not in expectation.

Well, I don't see Romney as a "valid" option. Frankly, I wonder why this guy who has lost nearly every election he has run in is considered "electable", but Rick Perry, who has never lost an election (at least until now) is considered "unelectable".

But I don't seem Obama as being stronger in a second term. He's actually a pretty weak president, and I suspect most of your Democrat brethern secretly wish Hillary had won the nomination in 2008.

As badly as I wanted Hillary to win in 2008, I wonder what, if anything, would be different today. Healthcare reform? DADT? Would Osama still be alive? Would her approval rating today be any better than Obama's? I kinda doubt it.

The GOP candidates are all jokes, and Obama has had a steady incline in the polls since October. Nationally, he is either tied or is leading any of the GOP candidates.

Yup, he just might get reelected. Then, your property values will continue to plummet, ever more children will drop below the poverty line, more manufacturing will leave the country, energy costs will soar, more brave law enforcement people will be killed by Holders Fast and Furious bullshit, Congress will continue to take advantage of their immunity from Insider Trading laws, you'll be poorer, and you'll skip happily to the welfare office for your check thinking you're getting one over on "the man", not realizing "the man" is boning you up the ass.

The GOP candidates are all jokes, and Obama has had a steady incline in the polls since October. Nationally, he is either tied or is leading any of the GOP candidates.

Yup, he just might get reelected. Then, your property values will continue to plummet, ever more children will drop below the poverty line, more manufacturing will leave the country, energy costs will soar, more brave law enforcement people will be killed by Holders Fast and Furious bullshit, Congress will continue to take advantage of their immunity from Insider Trading laws, you'll be poorer, and you'll skip happily to the welfare office for your check thinking you're getting one over on "the man", not realizing "the man" is boning you up the ass.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3ZOKDmorj0]Biblical Proportions - YouTube[/ame]

Strangely, all that Pubcrappe happens under Pub presidents, with voodoo tax rates- Hunh!:badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

Obama is a lock!! He's got it made! Just look at his record....oh wait.......

Ok....

He inherited the biggest mess since FDR, an economy in a tailspin which bottomed out shortly after he took office. Since then the economy has been growing, unemployment shrinking, we're out of Iraq, and Osama bin Laden is dead.

Good luck Republicans.

I doubt it. Obama has faced an opposition stronger than any of those people you mentioned, all put together. None of those other Presidents had the internet and it's myriad of hate filled antagonists. None of the other presidents had a congress too fucking SCARED to have meaningful dialogue because of an entity like the Tea Party.

I see a much tougher Obama if/when he gets re-elected. The ironic thing about it is... the Republicans could potentially unseat him. But they are too enamored with cartoon characters for their Candidates(not surprising). The only semi valid option is Romney... and he seems very much like a sleazy used car salesman(IMO, of course).

The problem with Conservatives in general, and the Tea Party in particular... is that they want all these changes to come wholesale and immediately. I'm sorry... there's way too much resistance for that to happen. Especially when they align themselves with the people who have the world by the ass already. Because simply... there's too many(by a insurmountable margin) who aren't even close to breaking even... let alone having the world by the ass.

In short... You idiots need to revise your gameplan...at least in duration, if not in expectation.

Well, I don't see Romney as a "valid" option. Frankly, I wonder why this guy who has lost nearly every election he has run in is considered "electable", but Rick Perry, who has never lost an election (at least until now) is considered "unelectable".

But I don't seem Obama as being stronger in a second term. He's actually a pretty weak president, and I suspect most of your Democrat brethern secretly wish Hillary had won the nomination in 2008.

Winning percentage/losing percentage doesn't really matter at this stage of the game. I mean, if you want to go with the "hand that brung ya", that's all well and good. But at the Presidential level, I think it goes beyond that.

I vowed in 2008, that I would vote for whoever got the Democratic Nomination. I know that you.. and probably 99.9% of the people on this board will not believe this, but I was a registered Republican up until Bush's second term. Truthfully? I don't give a rat's ass what people on here believe. My parents were both Republicans, so I registered Republican when I was 18... I never voted in primaries, and I always voted GOP in the general. It wasn't till a little later on in life that I became politically active... and I noticed that the GOP was selling out their base. "work hard and achieve" was their mantra, and I believed in it. I believed Ronald Reagan(and I voted for him in 1984... I was too young in '80) and his "trickle down" message. But you know what? I've seen nothing but corruption and money grabs ever since. I DON'T believe in trickle down anymore. I am a hard working citizen who happened to luck into a State job, and I see so many in the private sector just struggling to break even doing as much as I do for the Commonwealth(and it's taxpayers).

The bottom line is... I've been pretty much sheltered because of my employer. It makes me incredibly sad(especially this time of year) to see people, who before the insane idea of "trickle down" were thriving suffer the shit they do in the current state of this country.

My parents... that's just ONE generation ago... Paid off their home in 15 years. They got a Brand new car every other year. They took my siblings and I on vacation EVERY FUCKING YEAR.... and NEVER, EVER had to worry about a HEALTH INSURANCE PREMIUM.
It wasn't budgeting, it wasn't work ethic.... it was the country treated the working people of America with Respect and Dignity. Companies didn't sell their soul to the Devil to get slave labor. Companies didn't buy(at least to this extent) favorable legislation.

In truth... I am Fucking ashamed I ever was a Republican.... because for the MOST part, they ushered in this era of economic shame.

Exactly. One full time blue collar job used to provide a middle class lifestyle. Now....two barely get you there.

Winning percentage/losing percentage doesn't really matter at this stage of the game. I mean, if you want to go with the "hand that brung ya", that's all well and good. But at the Presidential level, I think it goes beyond that.

I vowed in 2008, that I would vote for whoever got the Democratic Nomination. I know that you.. and probably 99.9% of the people on this board will not believe this, but I was a registered Republican up until Bush's second term. Truthfully? I don't give a rat's ass what people on here believe. My parents were both Republicans, so I registered Republican when I was 18... I never voted in primaries, and I always voted GOP in the general. It wasn't till a little later on in life that I became politically active... and I noticed that the GOP was selling out their base. "work hard and achieve" was their mantra, and I believed in it. I believed Ronald Reagan(and I voted for him in 1984... I was too young in '80) and his "trickle down" message. But you know what? I've seen nothing but corruption and money grabs ever since. I DON'T believe in trickle down anymore. I am a hard working citizen who happened to luck into a State job, and I see so many in the private sector just struggling to break even doing as much as I do for the Commonwealth(and it's taxpayers).

The bottom line is... I've been pretty much sheltered because of my employer. It makes me incredibly sad(especially this time of year) to see people, who before the insane idea of "trickle down" were thriving suffer the shit they do in the current state of this country.

My parents... that's just ONE generation ago... Paid off their home in 15 years. They got a Brand new car every other year. They took my siblings and I on vacation EVERY FUCKING YEAR.... and NEVER, EVER had to worry about a HEALTH INSURANCE PREMIUM.
It wasn't budgeting, it wasn't work ethic.... it was the country treated the working people of America with Respect and Dignity. Companies didn't sell their soul to the Devil to get slave labor. Companies didn't buy(at least to this extent) favorable legislation.

In truth... I am Fucking ashamed I ever was a Republican.... because for the MOST part, they ushered in this era of economic shame.

Exactly. One full time blue collar job used to provide a middle class lifestyle. Now....two barely get you there.

Spoken like a true envious, greedy, and lazy class warrior.

The income gap isn't the problem. If people were just less lazy, got a third job, and didn't have any kids there would be no issue.

And it's not necessarily because he is such a GREAT President. It is because the Republicans simply cannot find or do not currently have anyone to run against him. That is anyone voters of all persuasions don't already know more than enough about.

Gingrich - voters are already beginning to remember what a disaster this guy is and would be as President.

Romney - the Christian Right (which now runs the Republican party) doesn't like his religion. Freedom of Religion and Separation of Church and State aren't in their Constitution and Bill of Rights, remember.

Perry - must I really say anything - by now we all know he's a bigger buffoon than that other buffoon from Texas who became President.

Bachmann - she claims to be the only candidate who can win a debate against Obama. She's a moron.

Ron Paul - occasionally says something rational that actually makes sense; the rest of the time the out-to-lunch sign is hanging out.

Actually, it would be poetic justice if a Republican were elected President. That is if the Party is able to find and groom someone that stood a chance of being elected. Not, mind you, because I believe he/she could or would do any better than Obama, especially in light of the abysmal Republican showing in "their" Congress. But fair is fair - and considering it was primarily Republican doings that got us in this mess, albeit not without lots of help from the Democrats, it's about time these guys got to basque in the lion's share of the blame for it. Because along with the prestige and glory afforded a President comes all the CRAP the former ones' left behind.

:thewave:

I've become disillusioned with the Republicans, but the Democrats are no better. Both parties support Free Trade, which is the primary source of the decline of the American Middle Class. Clinton signed NAFTA, GATT, and gave MFN to China. Obama just signed these ridiculous treaties with S. Korea, Columbia and Panama. Did he even get the 'retraining' he insisted on for the jobs he admitted were going to be lost? If you want to argue that MNC are the big problem, that they've corrupted our system, I wouldn't disagree, but both parties have sold out to them.

Now that said, if we are going to be cynical enough to say, as a given, that the corporations are going to approve our choices, much like the ayatollahs approve the choices in Iranian elections, then it just becomes a matter of who is the most competent.

And that is not Barack Obama, who seems over his head most of the time. I don't think it's Romney, either.

Meh, so what? It won't amount to a hill of beans either way for me. I will still be happy, healthy and successful regardless of who occupies the White House.
:lol:
If the bonehead Obama is re-elected I know my money is safe for another 4 yrs- because he will not be able to get jack-squat passed. If a republican is elected they'll probably cut taxes. Either way, I win.

Actually, I think taxes will be increased no matter who wins... they can't keep denying reality....

True enough. But whose fault is that?

When you go to the store, do you look at each product to see which ones were manufactured in the US, and leave the ones manufactured in China, Mexico, etc. on the shelf? Or do you just buy what's cheapest? Do you stop using a service when your customer service calls are routed to "Bobby" in Bangalore?

We can blame the government- both parties, for signing these treaties and the big corporations for moving so many jobs overseas. But we as consumers are part of the problem, too. We expect that nice "blue collar" paycheck, but we buy the cheap shit made with foreign slave labor.

Sometimes our troubles are not within the stars but within ourselves, as the Bard said.

Romney - the Christian Right (which now runs the Republican party) doesn't like his religion. Freedom of Religion and Separation of Church and State aren't in their Constitution and Bill of Rights, remember.

It has nothing to do with "freedom of religion". No one is saying Romney or other members of the LDS can't practice their stupid religion.

It's a matter of making judgments on his batshit crazy beliefs. He believes some truly crazy stuff and that stuff doesn't become less crazy because you call it "a religion".

He's probably going to be the nominee because the GOP Establishment is doing everything it can to rig the game in his favor. Today it just disqualified Perry and Gingrich from the VA primary. And when a lot of people who dislike Romney for various reasons don't show up for him, they are going to be scratching their heads wondering why they lost to Obama, who by all rights should be a one-term president.

Forum List

Back