Face it, Obama-haters, he is going to get re-elected

I doubt it. Obama has faced an opposition stronger than any of those people you mentioned, all put together. None of those other Presidents had the internet and it's myriad of hate filled antagonists. None of the other presidents had a congress too fucking SCARED to have meaningful dialogue because of an entity like the Tea Party.

I see a much tougher Obama if/when he gets re-elected. The ironic thing about it is... the Republicans could potentially unseat him. But they are too enamored with cartoon characters for their Candidates(not surprising). The only semi valid option is Romney... and he seems very much like a sleazy used car salesman(IMO, of course).

The problem with Conservatives in general, and the Tea Party in particular... is that they want all these changes to come wholesale and immediately. I'm sorry... there's way too much resistance for that to happen. Especially when they align themselves with the people who have the world by the ass already. Because simply... there's too many(by a insurmountable margin) who aren't even close to breaking even... let alone having the world by the ass.

In short... You idiots need to revise your gameplan...at least in duration, if not in expectation.

Well, I don't see Romney as a "valid" option. Frankly, I wonder why this guy who has lost nearly every election he has run in is considered "electable", but Rick Perry, who has never lost an election (at least until now) is considered "unelectable".

But I don't seem Obama as being stronger in a second term. He's actually a pretty weak president, and I suspect most of your Democrat brethern secretly wish Hillary had won the nomination in 2008.

Winning percentage/losing percentage doesn't really matter at this stage of the game. I mean, if you want to go with the "hand that brung ya", that's all well and good. But at the Presidential level, I think it goes beyond that.

I vowed in 2008, that I would vote for whoever got the Democratic Nomination. I know that you.. and probably 99.9% of the people on this board will not believe this, but I was a registered Republican up until Bush's second term. Truthfully? I don't give a rat's ass what people on here believe. My parents were both Republicans, so I registered Republican when I was 18... I never voted in primaries, and I always voted GOP in the general. It wasn't till a little later on in life that I became politically active... and I noticed that the GOP was selling out their base. "work hard and achieve" was their mantra, and I believed in it. I believed Ronald Reagan(and I voted for him in 1984... I was too young in '80) and his "trickle down" message. But you know what? I've seen nothing but corruption and money grabs ever since. I DON'T believe in trickle down anymore. I am a hard working citizen who happened to luck into a State job, and I see so many in the private sector just struggling to break even doing as much as I do for the Commonwealth(and it's taxpayers).

The bottom line is... I've been pretty much sheltered because of my employer. It makes me incredibly sad(especially this time of year) to see people, who before the insane idea of "trickle down" were thriving suffer the shit they do in the current state of this country.

My parents... that's just ONE generation ago... Paid off their home in 15 years. They got a Brand new car every other year. They took my siblings and I on vacation EVERY FUCKING YEAR.... and NEVER, EVER had to worry about a HEALTH INSURANCE PREMIUM.

It wasn't budgeting, it wasn't work ethic.... it was the country treated the working people of America with Respect and Dignity. Companies didn't sell their soul to the Devil to get slave labor. Companies didn't buy(at least to this extent) favorable legislation.

In truth... I am Fucking ashamed I ever was a Republican.... because for the MOST part, they ushered in this era of economic shame.

I think that if it was left up to the Puppet Masters, Obama would possibly get reelected. From my position, they have long ago lost their bearing, and have drifted way off course. I'll put my chips with the Think outside of the Box crowd, and Vote Principle, or at least that which comes closest to it. You all might get off on being played and manipulated, but I don't. I can't. Too many are seriously hurt in the process. You have so far abandoned Virtue, you don't even recognize it anymore. You are at war with it and don't even realize it. There is a true Bully out there, you will find it reflected in the mirror. If you did not have other peoples money to despite-fully use, you would be empty shells.

So no evidence? Okay, thanks.

Again, the fact that you can stand there with a straight face and claim that the Commander in Chief has no effect or influence on the pulse of the Nation, including Employment, Unemployment, the Trade Balance, the general tone of the Nation, is beyond me. Are you really, truly that ignorant, or are you just playing with this weeks DNC Talking Points? Tell me that you are not that stupid. Please.

Why have an Election at all then right. That would cost less than having Democrats counting Ballots and save time, right. Let's just proclaim Obama Caliphate, Emperor, and Anti-Christ, and be done with the Charade. :D Good one. I like that.

Hey, you know so much about the future, why did you not see the crash you caused coming? I'm curious. Why? If we are on the road to recovery, why don't Fuel and Energy costs reflect that?

Typical hyerbole.:eusa_hand:

It really doesn't take a prophet to see it coming.

Oh, and gas prices are down.

$2.76 and $3.02 for Premium today @ Costco. :)

And what was the average over the last 3 years? How much went to Federal Taxes at every stage of development? Where are we heading with with energy costs under the Carbon Credit Scam?

True, whether he deserves to be or not.

And ‘Obama-haters’ is an apt phrase, had Obama’s opponents been more judicious, more willing to address the issues rather than to attack Obama personally, they might have had a better chance come November.

I think the Republican Party's problems are more stuctural than that.

Obama will probably get re-elected because unseating incumbants is always a dicey proposition. At the end of the day, people stick with the devil they know.

The bigger problem the GOP has it that it's lost it's connection with working folks, and it has to make serious inroads into the Hispanic community. I think it can do both by being aware of the problem.

Hispanics are probably the easier task. They are socially conservative compared to the country at large. The GOP just has to shut up the nativist contingent of assholes who want electrified fences and alligators in the Rio Grande.

There is a way to approach the immigration problem by not looking like a bunch of bubba rednecks. The major way is to put the enforcement and pressure not on the immigrants, but on the jerks who hire them because they don't want to pay an American a fair wage in a safe workplace.

The first issue is going to be tougher, because the GOP has always been the party of the business owner vs. the working stiff.

All other things aside, voter apathy is what will keep things how they are. This is inspired by the impression that the politicians, ALL politicians are on Capitol hill for them selves, not there districts or what ever. Look at the fact that Martha Stewart go's to prison for insider trading, yet Pelozi is shown doing this on national TV and not a word is said about it. Its not just her, its all of them. Democrats and republicans. Then you have the Bush family, who for some reason is the "Corleone" family of the Republican party endorsing Romny, and Romny thanking the guy ! What the hell ? Folks. there is nothing good in Washington. They are all scum. Tea party caucus ? That was a bad joke, and they are laughing all the way to the bank.

Voter apathy happened in 2010. OWS and the folks suffering will bring out voters... trust me... if nothing else, it's a Presidential election... that makes a huge difference alone.

Typical hyerbole.:eusa_hand:

It really doesn't take a prophet to see it coming.

Oh, and gas prices are down.

What were they when Obama took office? Not good enough to justify the bullshit spin you put on the economy. Sorry Charlie. Imagine where Wonder Boy would be without the Media at his disposal. God, I can't imagine the amount of and cost of the knee pads you all go through. :lol:

The economy has been growing for the last 6 months. Tell me, what evidence do you have that Obama had a direct influence on the increase in the unemployment rate?

Thanks to the GOP congress.

Obama's game plan.....Well, at least you are not starving to death (I think).

That will go over real well.

The GOP candidates are all jokes, and Obama has had a steady incline in the polls since October. Nationally, he is either tied or is leading any of the GOP candidates.

You don't know that. There has been this major push for voter suppression. Then take a look at cities like: Benton Harbor, Flint, Pontiac and Ecorse. City governments that State Republicans dissolved leaving the residents without the ability to vote.

The Republican party is scum. They plan on taking over this country at any cost. If their policies were any good, they wouldn't need voter suppression. They know what they are doing is wrong. But it's all about turning this country into a kind of weird corporate run theocracy.

The Republican party is scum. They plan on taking over this country at any cost. If their policies were any good, they wouldn't need voter suppression. They know what they are doing is wrong. But it's all about turning this country into a kind of weird corporate run theocracy.

You're pissed because of a group of facists took a page right of Obama's playbook.

You're pissed because of a group of facists took a page right of Obama's playbook.

Because Obama said he will try to get the country working after Republicans said they will do anything they can to sink his presidency. So that make HIM a fascist?

Even when Republicans held millions and millions of Americans hostage, it makes Obama a "fascist"? You're fucking nuts.

Unemployment benefits: not until Bush tax cuts pass, Senate GOP says - CSMonitor.com

Face it BillyZer000, you are talking out of your ass.

While there IS, sadly, a SLIM chance that the people might fuck up and put the ineffective assclown back into the Oval Office, the odds against that happening are good and long.

The GOP is doing it's best to fuck up their own prospects, accepting the pundit-class bullshit that "only" Romney can get it done. And that IS pure bullshit.

Alvin the fucking chipmunk SHOULD be able to defeat the bumbling President Obama.

Damn. I hate watching the Republic break itself down when it's so avoidable.

Just vote out the current infestation in the Oval office and ump the libs in Congress. Get back to the kind of things that took us to where we were before the libs started the process of fucking up our form of government and our own ideals.

Because Obama said he will try to get the country working after Republicans said they will do anything they can to sink his presidency. So that make HIM a fascist?

Even when Republicans held millions and millions of Americans hostage, it makes Obama a "fascist"? You're fucking nuts.

And you are both arrogant and ignorant.

I have some news for you asshole. You had the house in 2006 and 2008. In fact it was so yours that people said the GOP would not be relevent for 10 years (after 2008). And Obama waits until he loses it (and he didn't just lose it....he really LOST it) to start to try and get the country working. So you and your sorry buttnugget friends had your chance and you really blew it.

I elect a representative. I expect him to represent me in congress and I expect that he is part of a set of checks and balances. And if our sitting president acts like FDR and trys to make himself a king, then that makes you a traitor for supporting him.

Yep, no doubt about it - Obama will be re-elected. He has no competition.

To bad we have to spend all the money and listen to all that campaigning just to see you eat those words.

He's getting a one way ticket back to Chicago on a garbage truck in 2013.

It is looking bad for the Republicans

Romney is their only credible candidate and the Republican voters won't turn out for him. Once Romney gets the GOP nomination, a third party Tea Party type is a strong possibility.

With Obama on the ticket, a lot more Dems will turn out than in 2010. If Republicans sit out because of Romney, it will affect the House and Senate

To bad we have to spend all the money and listen to all that campaigning just to see you eat those words.

Yeah, I used to hear you righties saying the same crap when he was campaigning for president in 2008. But he won...

It is looking bad for the Republicans

Romney is their only credible candidate and the Republican voters won't turn out for him. Once Romney gets the GOP nomination, a third party Tea Party type is a strong possibility.

With Obama on the ticket, a lot more Dems will turn out than in 2010. If Republicans sit out because of Romney, it will affect the House and Senate

Anybody but Obama works for me. What does Clinton think of Obama again? :lmao:

Yeah, I used to hear you righties saying the same crap when he was campaigning for president in 2008. But he won...

Yes, coming off of GWB and getting our rears kicked in 2006...we talked a lot of trash.

You are a moron.

It takes a special breed to lose control of the house as fast as you did....and if it were not for the whackos on the GOP side in other races....we might have gotten the senate.

It must be tough to come out in public after being so humiliated.

The garbage truck farewell tour will commence in 2013.

Yeah. He really lucked out by backing those background checks, huh. How much Foreign Student Aid did he get again? :lmao:

Meh, so what? It won't amount to a hill of beans either way for me. I will still be happy, healthy and successful regardless of who occupies the White House.
:lol:
If the bonehead Obama is re-elected I know my money is safe for another 4 yrs- because he will not be able to get jack-squat passed. If a republican is elected they'll probably cut taxes. Either way, I win.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back