F35 - superfighter or lame duck?

So when I lied before?

Wow, the OJ defense. It's too late for your "Innocent" routine. I don't have to list where you have lied. Your post speech for themselves.
Those who accuse other of lies constantly, are mostly the real liars. I have no need to lie. No employer makes me come here and I don´t care if an F-53 costs 120, 150 or 180 million.

When one posts a cite that is a based on a lie or lies and then attempts to support that cite then that is lying. If I post something I don't agree with I clarify that I don't support it. And I don't attempt to support it.

If the shoe fits......
Stop that nonsense. Where did I lie and where did I support it?

Every post you have made. Especially when you deny you lied. Sorry, but the Trump method of argument only works for Trump.
Being wrong about the prize doesn´t mean it´s lied.

Wow, the OJ defense. It's too late for your "Innocent" routine. I don't have to list where you have lied. Your post speech for themselves.
Those who accuse other of lies constantly, are mostly the real liars. I have no need to lie. No employer makes me come here and I don´t care if an F-53 costs 120, 150 or 180 million.

When one posts a cite that is a based on a lie or lies and then attempts to support that cite then that is lying. If I post something I don't agree with I clarify that I don't support it. And I don't attempt to support it.

If the shoe fits......

Every post you have made. Especially when you deny you lied. Sorry, but the Trump method of argument only works for Trump.

When the error is pointed out to you and you still continue to support it with all your pea pickin' heart, then it's lying.

If the shoe fits......

When the error is pointed out to you and you still continue to support it with all your pea pickin' heart, then it's lying.
But I didn´t.

Left unsaid so far is what will become of the 81 F-35s purchased by the Marine Corps and Navy during that same period. If they are left in their current state, nearly 200 F-35s might permanently remain unready for combat because the Pentagon would rather buy new aircraft than upgrade the ones the American people have already paid for. What makes this particularly galling is the aircraft that would be left behind by such a scheme were the most expensive F-35s purchased so far. When the tab for all the aircraft purchased in an immature state is added up, the total comes to nearly $40 billion. That is a lot of money to spend on training jets and aircraft that will simply be stripped for spare parts. 108 F-35s Will Not Be Combat Capable | RealClearDefense
How not to do it.......40 billion in useable junk.......gee that 3-4 carriers ......20 or more Virginia Subs.......,.gee why dont we have any money

Left unsaid so far is what will become of the 81 F-35s purchased by the Marine Corps and Navy during that same period. If they are left in their current state, nearly 200 F-35s might permanently remain unready for combat because the Pentagon would rather buy new aircraft than upgrade the ones the American people have already paid for. What makes this particularly galling is the aircraft that would be left behind by such a scheme were the most expensive F-35s purchased so far. When the tab for all the aircraft purchased in an immature state is added up, the total comes to nearly $40 billion. That is a lot of money to spend on training jets and aircraft that will simply be stripped for spare parts. 108 F-35s Will Not Be Combat Capable | RealClearDefense
How not to do it.......40 billion in useable junk.......gee that 3-4 carriers ......20 or more Virginia Subs.......,.gee why dont we have any money

AS usual, your fake news site got the numbers wrong. The total is 108 that still don't have the 3I software installed. Even so, that's way too many to have around as trainers. But as usual, you doomsayers don't realize that all but 20 of these 108 can be upgraded later. What they don't want to do disrupt the buying of new fully capable being produced with 3F already installed.

The B models are the hardest hit. They are all 2F. But a lot less is expected from them so they can wait.

There are only a handful of C models so no biggy. They can also wait..

The A is the most affected. The ones that only have 2f will have to be taken out of operational service. The ones with 3I can continue. The bulk of the A models will be turned out with the 3F. So it takes a bit longer before the numbers become a real problem. And then the production schedule takes care of it.

The problem isn't with the software or the hardware. It's manpower. Lockheed only has enough people doing the 3F installations for the production. They don't have any to overflow into the field. I have seen this before in other systems. The Fix is to take X number of Military Techs and get them trained to install the new 3f on field systems. Most of the A models already have the 3I and 4 installed so no big things. They are still operational just not as operational they would be if the 3F were installed. As you can see (you will ignore this) nothing but time and manpower and both are not insurmountable.

AS usual, your fake news site got the numbers wrong. The total is 108 that still don't have the 3I software installed. Even so, that's way too many to have around as trainers. But as usual, you doomsayers don't realize that all but 20 of these 108 can be upgraded later. What they don't want to do disrupt the buying of new fully capable being produced with 3F already installed.

The B models are the hardest hit. They are all 2F. But a lot less is expected from them so they can wait.

The A is the most affected. The ones that only have 2f will have to be taken out of operational service. The ones with 3I can continue. The bulk of the A models will be turned out with the 3F. So it takes a bit longer before the numbers become a real problem. And then the production schedule takes care of it.

The problem isn't with the software or the hardware. It's manpower. Lockheed only has enough people doing the 3F installations for the production. They don't have any to overflow into the field. I have seen this before in other systems. The Fix is to take X number of Military Techs and get them trained to install the new 3f on field systems. Most of the A models already have the 3I and 4 installed so no big things. They are still operational just not as operational they would be if the 3F were installed. As you can see (you will ignore this) nothing but time and manpower and both are not insurmountable.
As usual you peddle BS....go back and read

As usual you peddle BS....go back and read

We went through the same thing with the F-15A. It took about 6 years from the time of it going OIC to get it really ready for combat. During that time, it could fight just not at the level it would later be. During 1979, if our Radar was on the blink we were grounded. When we went to war with Spang (a F-4E Base) we generated only 33% of our airframes while they generated 95%. They could still use their guns and heat seekers if they had no radar. So they flew a flight of 5 where only one will have operating radar. They used their heat seekers to detect the enemy and a weaver scope to aim their guns. Meanwhile, if our radar was out, the guns wouldn't work and the Heat Seekers wouldn't either. When the games ended, we had a 4 to one kill rate. Basically, it became a draw.

When the F-15Cs went into production, we had a huge upgrade for the F-15A. The actual upgrade was done by AF Personel in the field. The boxes were still done by the contractors in the vault. Except they didn't have enough contractors to get that job done. They tapped our Avionics Personnel for the manpower. The job got done. The F-15 had the same doomsayers as the F-35. History, doesn't it chap yer drawers to find out that there were fruitcakes long before your bunch of fruitcakes came along.

Israeli F-35 hit by Syrian S-200 air defense missile

A free F-35, supplied by the host of the Zionist regime, was hit by a Soviet era S-200 air defense system operated by the Syrian military. The S-200 was hit as well. Israel claims the F-35 has suffered a bird collision but the F-35 is tested against bird strikes (check out the source below). The F-35 survived the S-200 but was forced away. it is unclear if it will ever become operational again.

Syrian anti-aircraft missile hit Israel's F-35 Stealth Fighter?

A free F-35, supplied by the host of the Zionist regime, was hit by a Soviet era S-200 air defense system operated by the Syrian military. The S-200 was hit as well. Israel claims the F-35 has suffered a bird collision but the F-35 is tested against bird strikes (check out the source below). The F-35 survived the S-200 but was forced away. it is unclear if it will ever become operational again.

Nice job. Putin could have written it himself. Yes, the news agency is in the Ukraine but Donbass is in the Russian held part of the Ukraine. I looked at their VK page and not one single positive thing was posted for the Ukrainians not under Russian control. But plenty of feel good for the Russians. The same on both Facebook and TWitter. It claims to be a private funded non profit. I seriously doubt that. I'll wait and see on this one.

Nice job. Putin could have written it himself. Yes, the news agency is in the Ukraine but Donbass is in the Russian held part of the Ukraine. I looked at their VK page and not one single positive thing was posted for the Ukrainians not under Russian control. But plenty of feel good for the Russians. The same on both Facebook and TWitter. It claims to be a private funded non profit. I seriously doubt that. I'll wait and see on this one.
You can also translate the Hebrew article. There´s a link to it in the article. So you have another source. It´s either the S-200 or the birds and we won´t figure it out. The birds are not very likely, though.

There is in update:
Neither was the F-35 able to attack the S-200 system nor was the system hit. Almost three hours after the F-35 was forced out of Syrian airspace, other Israeli jets launched missiles from Lebanon. That missiles were intercepted, one of them crashed near a radar station, causing minor damage.

Of course, this source is not neutral but there is no reason to assume any neutral source could know it better:
Syrian Arab Army

You can also translate the Hebrew article. There´s a link to it in the article. So you have another source. It´s either the S-200 or the birds and we won´t figure it out. The birds are not very likely, though.
There is in update:
Neither was the F-35 able to attack the S-200 system nor was the system hit. Almost three hours after the F-35 was forced out of Syrian airspace, other Israeli jets launched missiles from Lebanon. That missiles were intercepted, one of them crashed near a radar station, causing minor damage.

Of course, this source is not neutral but there is no reason to assume any neutral source could know it better:
Syrian Arab Army

I would say that that is one of the least neutral resouces on the net. But even so, we may never know. Remember, in Red Flag they had 3 F-35s "Intercepted" in the first day. AFter that, the red side weren't even aware they were there. There is something about the F-35 that when you first get it and try to fly it like all other Fighters you get in trouble fast. But if you learn from that and make changes to your way of operation then the F-35 becomes a fantastic out of this world beater of worlds.

Since it was a bomb run (dumb bomb) that means the F-35 has to get close, mighty close. It's not invisible. But to use it for anything other than a JDAM isn't using the bird too bright. It isn't the F-35 that is at fault since you decided to do something stupid.

Plus, the SA-200 is still a good system. Yes, it first came out in 1967 but it's been updated thruout the years. And it integrates with the newer 300 and 400 systems. The minute a flyer thinks the SA200 is outdated then he is going home only two ways; walking or with a flag draped over his body. If you see it and it locks on you then you kill it, period.

There is in update:

Syrian Arab Army

I would say that that is one of the least neutral resouces on the net. But even so, we may never know. Remember, in Red Flag they had 3 F-35s "Intercepted" in the first day. AFter that, the red side weren't even aware they were there. There is something about the F-35 that when you first get it and try to fly it like all other Fighters you get in trouble fast. But if you learn from that and make changes to your way of operation then the F-35 becomes a fantastic out of this world beater of worlds.

Since it was a bomb run (dumb bomb) that means the F-35 has to get close, mighty close. It's not invisible. But to use it for anything other than a JDAM isn't using the bird too bright. It isn't the F-35 that is at fault since you decided to do something stupid.

Plus, the SA-200 is still a good system. Yes, it first came out in 1967 but it's been updated thruout the years. And it integrates with the newer 300 and 400 systems. The minute a flyer thinks the SA200 is outdated then he is going home only two ways; walking or with a flag draped over his body. If you see it and it locks on you then you kill it, period.
You could be right. Maybe, the Israelis planned to make a big show for the Russians and got reckless. But it could also be possible that the pilot overestimated the stealth ability. It was clear the ability would not compete with the F-22 but this was clearly not a promising first encounter.

There is in update:

Syrian Arab Army

You could be right. Maybe, the Israelis planned to make a big show for the Russians and got reckless. But it could also be possible that the pilot overestimated the stealth ability. It was clear the ability would not compete with the F-22 but this was clearly not a promising first encounter.

If it happened at all.

There is in update:

Syrian Arab Army

If it happened at all.
There is little doubt also for a neutral bystander. It is highly unlikely that Israel´s story about a bird strike two weeks ago, released just when a F-35 was engaged in combat, is anywhere near reality.

There is in update:

Syrian Arab Army

If it happened at all.
There is little doubt also for a neutral bystander. It is highly unlikely that Israel´s story about a bird strike two weeks ago, released just when a F-35 was engaged in combat, is anywhere near reality.

What makes the story so unbelieveable is that the F-35I has not become IOC.

There is in update:

Syrian Arab Army

If it happened at all.

That strengthens the idea that Israel couldn´t wait to demonstrate its capabilities to the Russians.

However, since this is not a Israel or Syria but the F-35 thread, I have to mention that a bird strike that grounds a F-35 likely forever, is not much better for the reputation of the F-35. It would also put a question mark over the tests the F-35 is undergoing.

If it happened at all.

That strengthens the idea that Israel couldn´t wait to demonstrate its capabilities to the Russians.

However, since this is not a Israel or Syria but the F-35 thread, I have to mention that a bird strike that grounds a F-35 likely forever, is not much better for the reputation of the F-35. It would also put a question mark over the tests the F-35 is undergoing.

If it happened at all.

There is a lie inside that. The Israelis say that the bird will be back in the air pretty quick. It appears that there is just enough truth in the lie that it might be believable by some. But I write it off as propoganda.

If it happened at all.

If it happened at all.

There is a lie inside that. The Israelis say that the bird will be back in the air pretty quick. It appears that there is just enough truth in the lie that it might be believable by some. But I write it off as propoganda.
Israel is providing air support to al-Qaeda as we speak. Anything they claim must be questioned.

If it happened at all.

If it happened at all.

Israel is providing air support to al-Qaeda as we speak. Anything they claim must be questioned.

Where are you posting from? Sounds more like an ISIS rubbish more than anything else. Could you be from the Syrian Capital and only wish to keep putting these conspiracy things over and over. Each time we show your facts are more than flawed you move to something else.

I think I have given you more than enough attention and will get back to facts instead of Syrian or Russian conspiracies.

Forum List

Back