F35 - superfighter or lame duck?

F-35 stealth jet REALLY can perform Top Gun ‘fly right by’
The above Daily Mail article gives the impressions left on a pilots training in the F35.. He, the pilot, is very enthusiastic with the F35 when comparing the aircraft to the F16 he formerly flew. A true hands on report which will hurt many "nay sayers" feelings and opinions. But then, I told you so!

I did a little research on the Lockheed Test Pilot. He has thousands of hours in an F-16. The F-35 he flew was the second experimental F-35 and hadn't gotten the mods it would need. Plus, Lockheed is also the manufacturer of the F-16. For sales, it's a win win for Lockheed. If they can make immediate sales in the F-16 then they still win. The Lockheed Test pilot hadn't flown the F-35 for the first time. When you look at all the issues of his article in 2015 you will find he wasn't qualified to make that report. One flight on a brand new weapons system that is quite different than a pilot with hundreds of hours and a Production Bird.

Everything I have said about the F-35 is coming true. The F-35A is ready for combat now and when they start shutting down other weapons systems units in order to progress them into the F-35 it won't take it long to enter combat.

Daryl, I like the fact that he is from Norway and is a pilot with Norway's Air Force and has numerous hours in the F16. This puts the international stamp on the aircraft. I saw this on line and simply wanted to post it here where the nay sayers may see it. I am not a pilot in any sense of the word, but, were I a young man interested in being a jet jockey, the F35 would be my goal. The well trained F35 pilot will be the nightmare of any aggressor, pure and simple.

Daryl, I like the fact that he is from Norway and is a pilot with Norway's Air Force and has numerous hours in the F16. This puts the international stamp on the aircraft. I saw this on line and simply wanted to post it here where the nay sayers may see it. I am not a pilot in any sense of the word, but, were I a young man interested in being a jet jockey, the F35 would be my goal. The well trained F35 pilot will be the nightmare of any aggressor, pure and simple.

If you didn't I would have. Funny, I wonder when the people that don't know squat will fire it up once again. I stated that the poor turn rate was just software. It was. Now, it's one bad MOFO with the proper software. It flies right up against it's capability and won't allow the Pilot to cross the line. I do like the feeback the whole aircraft gives when it's right at that point. The F-35 vibrates when it reaches that point and won't go past it. The F-16 doesn't give any indication when it reaches that point. That means that the F-16 has to stay below that point or go out of control if it crosses it.

The F-35A can now be flown agressive, moreso than others. It can fire it's gun, fire both the Amraam from further out than the bad guy can see and uses the Aim9-X where it can go as far as 120 degrees arc. By being able to get the nose turned at a higher angle, it will be able to shoot first and bag the target.

This is means that the F-35A goes into service by the end of the year. By 2017, the old stuff will be gone and the rest of the "Non" friendly nations will have to be very careful when firing on our birds.

It has so far cost over $3.5bn, and is eight years late.

Hailed as the most expensive weapon in history, the controversial F-35 stealth fighter jet is undergoing rigorous testing at California's Edwards Air Force Base.

Now, it has emerged the jets complex radar system has a problem - it keeps crashing.

Read more:F-35 fighter jet has radar flaw that can only be fixed by a reboot
Follow us:@MailOnline on Twitter|DailyMail on Facebook

Won't you ever learn, there, spanky.

Your whole article is all of the problems from AF-1 all the way to last year. Most of this has been fixed already.

Newsfash, when you are turning hard your radar WILL go offline. This includes the F-16/18/15/22 and almost every known computer controlled ship. You have to reset it AFTER you get the gees and bucking down to a managable level. The more complicated the system the more it will have to be reset. Another name for it is "Reboot". Every once in awhile, my computer will freeze up and a reboot is needed. I can duplicate the same stresses on the F-35 computer systems by throwing my laptop into a cement wall as hard as I can throw it. Guess what, if it survives the impact, a reboot will be necessary.

Why aren't you ragging on the F-22 and the newest F-15 versions This isn't a software problem, it's a hardware problem. In order fix the problem is to make the system more robust.

BTW, they made it more robust on the Production Model F-35A. The Norwegian Pilot constantly goes right up against what the F-35A can do. That Vibration he is using as feedback is actually severe buffeting where you are very close to losing it. Unlike the F-16/15/18 it will continue to operate in that condition. Making it one really Bad MOFO. In the 4 Gen fighter, it would be very easy to go past that point when your bad guy is flying right up against it. Do that and you lose control of your Aircraft and you exit the flight limits. Meaning, you will be dead in a matter of seconds.

What next, you going to dig up some fruitcake that is harping about the Pilots Socks?

Before the Internet, it was a British Tabloid and nothing has changed.

Last edited:
Didn't read the article did ya .....it states they are hoping .......hoping to have it fixed by end of March...........not to mention the over 400 problems still not solved.......ooooops

Oh, I read it. That rag is equal to the National Inquirer in Britain.

Let's take a look at a couple of issues it brings up

It can't fire it's gun. That was covered in Block 20.
It can't fire it's missiles. That was covered in Block 10 and Block 30.
It can't turn, climb or go fast. Covered in Bocks 10, 20 and 30.

Newsflash, you keep using the AF-1 and AF-2 test models and claiming it applies to the Block 30 F-35A.

Yeah cause they just made it up....funny how they knew about the over 400 things still not up to combat readiness

Unfortunately there is no reason to dogfight the F-35 since every other fighter flys higher merely shoot it down while it sits down there and watches its doom......BTW 0V-10 was brought back to do CAS in ME ....but but the F-35 combat rdy and much better at it ....LLLMMAAAOOOOO

Unfortunately there is no reason to dogfight the F-35 since every other fighter flys higher merely shoot it down while it sits down there and watches its doom......BTW 0V-10 was brought back to do CAS in ME ....but but the F-35 combat rdy and much better at it ....LLLMMAAAOOOOO

Wow using a 2 year old writeup from an inexperience F-35 driver sure does make sense (not)

Considering that the A-10 was supposed to take over the OV-10s role, guess what. For CAS there is NOTHING that competes with the AV-10.

No just the facts...your ceiling is low Forties.....real fighters fly much higher.......as Cosby would say...."you will receive"

From the hundreds of links posted...go read

All based on the same information on the AF-2 and not the production F-35A. Your story would be consistent if it were still early 2014 or late 2013.

Meanwhile, the F-35A is coming online starting late this year and all of those "Problems" are largely taken care of. Yes, starting this year, A-10 Units will start to be replaced. And that is what your nonsense is all about. Trying to same a 40 year old bird that no longer has a mission.

Forum List

Back