Expose Planned Parenthood, Get a Felony

Awwwww. The rightie snowflakes are crying because some of their thugs got busted for their sleaze. Again. And this time, it's not in Texas, where a smirking corrupt Republican DA can disregard the grand jury and refuse to prosecute. It's in a low-corruption blue state, which means the criminals won't walk.

It was a given that the righties here would excuse any crime by a fellow righty. Their motto is "It's never a crime if a Republican does it." Their partisan hackery is complete, their devotion to TheParty total. Such good little Stalinists.

So you believe investigative journalism should be banned? That California can violate the 1st amendment just because in this case doing so helps a cause you like

What a fucking asshole you are.
You need to familiarize yourself with the legal aspects of patient information....

You do realize the ACLU has issues with "two party consent" wiretap laws, as they infringe on journalists ability to do investigative reporting, right?

Is the ACLU alt-right now?

Laws are only good if they protect left wingers. Rest assured, the same laws will be ignored if the left violates them.

It's kinda like Obamacare being signed into law. With the stroke of the pen, Obama makes exceptions from his own law to protect his cronies.

It's also like the IRS going after conservatives or left wing cities violating US immigration laws by having sanctuary cities. Sure, it's illegal but tell that to the left winged Circuit judges who just slapped down Trump's immigration ban that Obama also signed when nothing was done about it.

The US is now a nation of men, not laws.

Every once and a while the ACLU remembers its Roots and ignores the progressive idiocy it has been siding with more and more often.

This law clearly violates the 1st amendment with regards to a free press, as it prevents any type of private investigation using recordings.

This is no different than how the left treated the abortion doctor Gosnell. He was found to have violated multiple health violations during the 1970's. So did they close him down or fine him? Nope, they just stopped coming around because abortion is a political football and any measures limiting abortion is a PC no, no.

40 years later he was found to have a long track record of abuse towards viable infants and minority women and became the biggest mass murderer in US history.

A film was done about him but no one from PC Hollywood would participate in it cuz abortion is a sacred cow in liberal land. Abortion is the heart and soul of progressivism and they would shrivel up and die without it.

Nonsense. He was a monster and did not give medical care to poor women.

THAT is the real reason RWNJs hate PP - they provide health care to women who cannot afford expensive doctors.

Not one of you MEN have adopted unwanted babies. Not one of you has any business commenting on the issue of abortion. Its simply none of your business and the only reason you "care" is that you want to control women.

MYOB

Well considering women can't get drafted, does that mean they have no say when it comes to National Defense?

Do non-firefighters have no say when it comes to firefighting budgets?

My status as an american citizen allows my opinion and vote to count for anything I want it to, or that is up for debate or vote.

So take your "its none of your business" shit and cram it into your empty skull. (I didn't say cram it up your ass because you would probably enjoy that)
Men can't currently be drafted either, you fucking idiot...

If a draft is reimposed BET that women will be included.

And the far right ^^^ fascists wail because they are caught yet again.

You do realize the ACLU has issues with "two party consent" wiretap laws, as they infringe on journalists ability to do investigative reporting, right?

ACLU was founded by Communists. They are communists, they're not going to say anything about this case.

Awwwww. The rightie snowflakes are crying because some of their thugs got busted for their sleaze. Again. And this time, it's not in Texas, where a smirking corrupt Republican DA can disregard the grand jury and refuse to prosecute. It's in a low-corruption blue state, which means the criminals won't walk.

It was a given that the righties here would excuse any crime by a fellow righty. Their motto is "It's never a crime if a Republican does it." Their partisan hackery is complete, their devotion to TheParty total. Such good little Stalinists.

So you believe investigative journalism should be banned? That California can violate the 1st amendment just because in this case doing so helps a cause you like

Who said investigative journalism should be banned? At the same time, that doesn't give license to break the law.

The law in questions basically prevents undercover journalism from being recorded, thus putting a serious crimp in investigative journalism.

The law itself is an unconstitutional restriction on freedom of press.

Laws are only good if they protect left wingers. Rest assured, the same laws will be ignored if the left violates them.

It's kinda like Obamacare being signed into law. With the stroke of the pen, Obama makes exceptions from his own law to protect his cronies.

It's also like the IRS going after conservatives or left wing cities violating US immigration laws by having sanctuary cities. Sure, it's illegal but tell that to the left winged Circuit judges who just slapped down Trump's immigration ban that Obama also signed when nothing was done about it.

Every once and a while the ACLU remembers its Roots and ignores the progressive idiocy it has been siding with more and more often.

This law clearly violates the 1st amendment with regards to a free press, as it prevents any type of private investigation using recordings.

This is no different than how the left treated the abortion doctor Gosnell. He was found to have violated multiple health violations during the 1970's. So did they close him down or fine him? Nope, they just stopped coming around because abortion is a political football and any measures limiting abortion is a PC no, no.

40 years later he was found to have a long track record of abuse towards viable infants and minority women and became the biggest mass murderer in US history.

A film was done about him but no one from PC Hollywood would participate in it cuz abortion is a sacred cow in liberal land. Abortion is the heart and soul of progressivism and they would shrivel up and die without it.

THAT is the real reason RWNJs hate PP - they provide health care to women who cannot afford expensive doctors.

Not one of you MEN have adopted unwanted babies. Not one of you has any business commenting on the issue of abortion. Its simply none of your business and the only reason you "care" is that you want to control women.

MYOB

Well considering women can't get drafted, does that mean they have no say when it comes to National Defense?

My status as an american citizen allows my opinion and vote to count for anything I want it to, or that is up for debate or vote.

So take your "its none of your business" shit and cram it into your empty skull. (I didn't say cram it up your ass because you would probably enjoy that)

I am at risk for it if it is re-instated, and I assure you women would probably not be included.

I was doing a logical exercise, one you evidently don't have the intellect to grasp. May i suggest the Hello Kitty Message Board as something more up to your cognitive abilities?

MYOB

Gosnell did not give medical care to poor women? You are either stupid or a liar

Why Gosnell's victims went to him

ACLU was founded by Communists. They are communists, they're not going to say anything about this case.

Every once and a while they see the light, I think this is one of those cases.

You need to familiarize yourself with the legal aspects of patient information....

what does patient information have to do with this?

MYOB

Considering women dont' have to sign up for Selective Service, I highly doubt that

MYOB

I am at risk for it if it is re-instated, and I assure you women would probably not be included.

I was doing a logical exercise, one you evidently don't have the intellect to grasp. May i suggest the Hello Kitty Message Board as something more up to your cognitive abilities?
I assure you women would probably not be included.

Gee, thanks...
"Call me, maybe"

Are you aware that women reservists and Nat Guard were sent to Iraqnam?

What informs your qualified certainty that they will be ignored in a future draft?

I was doing a logical exercise, one you evidently don't have the intellect to grasp.

It hasn't escaped my notice that you are an idiot.

Who said investigative journalism should be banned? At the same time, that doesn't give license to break the law.

The law in questions basically prevents undercover journalism from being recorded, thus putting a serious crimp in investigative journalism.

WTF?

How is the press Constitutionally free to violate individuals' Constitutional rights? And what limitations would you impose on the press? Should they be allowed to break into peoples' homes under the guise of investigations? Should they be allowed to physically assault people under the umbrella of investigation?

MYOB

Gosnell did not target minority women? You are either stupid or a liar.

http://journalisms.theroot.com/kermit-gosnell-crime-class-and-race-1790884593

Every once and a while they see the light, I think this is one of those cases.

Time will tell.

MYOB

Considering women dont' have to sign up for Selective Service, I highly doubt that
That has been under active review.

MYOB

Gee, thanks...
"Call me, maybe"

What informs your qualified certainty that they will be ignored in a future draft?

I was doing a logical exercise, one you evidently don't have the intellect to grasp.

They were drafted?

Charges were dropped in Texas, go forward in California. Tells you all you need to know.

My politics on abortion isn't important and it constantly evolves over time. What is important is taxpayers need to know they are funding such operations that sell for profit the unborn.

If this had been an undercover video of a slaughterhouse or abuse of a family dog, would this footage be questioned? Would charges be laid?

Anti-abortion activists charged with 15 felonies for secretly shooting videos of Planned Parenthood

Anti-abortion activists charged with 15 felonies for secretly shooting videos of Planned Parenthood

LOS ANGELES — California prosecutors on Tuesday charged two anti-abortion activists who made undercover videos of themselves trying to buy fetal tissue from Planned Parenthood with 15 felonies, saying they invaded the privacy of medical providers by filming without consent.

The charges against David Daleiden and Sandra Merritt of the Center for Medical Progress come eight months after similar charges were dropped in Texas.

State Attorney General Xavier Becerra, a longtime Congressional Democrat who took over the investigation in January, said in a statement that the state “will not tolerate the criminal recording of conversations.”

Prosecutors say Daleiden, of Davis, California, and Merritt, of San Jose, filmed 14 people without permission between October 2013 and July 2015 in Los Angeles, San Francisco and El Dorado counties. One felony count was filed for each person. The 15th was for criminal conspiracy to invade privacy.

Daleiden said in an email to The Associated Press that the “bogus” charges are coming from “Planned Parenthood’s political cronies.”

“The public knows the real criminals are Planned Parenthood and their business partners,” Daleiden said.

The conversations included officials from Planned Parenthood and StemExpress, a California company that provides blood, tissue and other biological material for medical research and had received fetal tissue from Planned Parenthood.

In one of the pair’s videos, Daleiden poses as “Robert Sarkis” of the phoney Biomax Procurement Services and is shown discussing liver tissue with the chief executive of StemExpress at a Northern California restaurant.

Abortion opponents said the recordings showed Planned Parenthood was illegally harvesting and selling the organs. Planned Parenthood said the videos were deceptively edited to support extremists’ false claims.

“As we have said from the beginning, and as more than a dozen different state investigations have made clear: Planned Parenthood has done nothing wrong, and the only people who broke the law are those behind the fraudulent tapes,” said Mary Alice Carter, interim vice-president of communications for Planned Parenthood, in a statement.

MYOB

That has been under active review.

Been under 'active' review since the 70s.

I'm not overly worried about my granddaughter getting drafted...

can't say the same about my grandsons

MYOB

Gee, thanks...
"Call me, maybe"

My IQ vs. yours any day of the week cock-gobbler.

what does patient information have to do with this?
My bad....the violation involves the privacy rights of those who were recorded without their consent.

Try doing so at home....

WTF?

How is the press Constitutionally free to violate individuals' Constitutional rights? And what limitations would you impose on the press? Should they be allowed to break into peoples' homes under the guise of investigations? Should they be allowed to physically assault people under the umbrella of investigation?

Argumentum ad absurdum, the first resort of the idiot.

The California law bans recording a person without their consent. This basically eliminates the ability of journalists to go undercover and record any interactions when they do a sting operation. How does a person have a right to not have their conversation recorded? It;s not like they are by themselves, there is another party involved, albeit under false pretenses, but again, that is the crux of undercover journalism.

You haven't answered the question of how an undercover journalist is supposed to function properly under a "2 person consent" recording law, and why that law is constitutional.

Forum List

Back