Explosion in Oslo

Ravi

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2008
Hating Hatters
OSLO, Norway — A loud explosion has shattered windows at the government headquarters in Oslo which includes the prime minister's office, injuring several people.

Norwegian news agency NTB said the prime minister is safe.

An AP reporter says newspaper offices in the area are also damaged and smoke is drifting in the streets.

Explosion damages gov't building in Oslo - CBS News

Norwegian prosecutors on Tuesday filed a terrorism charge against Mullah Krekar, founder of the Kurdish Islamist group Ansar al-Islam. Mullah Krekar is accused of threatening a former minister, Erna Solberg, with death.

My guess is that this was either done by a 6-year old girl or an 80-year old grandma, both white, American and Christian.

Last edited:
Reuters: 8 people injured in Oslo blast at government offices - On Deadline - USATODAY.com

The various "updates" are worth perusing.

For example:

Update at 10:14 a.m. ET: Although the source of the blast is unclear, Al-Jazeera TV notes that Norwegian prosecutors on Tuesday filed a terrorism charge against Mullah Krekar, founder of the Kurdish Islamist group Ansar al-Islam. Mullah Krekar is accused of threatening a former minister, Erna Solberg, with death, Al-Jazeera says.

I am imposing a personal 8 hour rule on this before even trying to figure out who was behind this, as the information we have been given is sketchy at best.

This report says the site of the explosion was a tabloid newspaper.
AN explosion took place Friday local time in the building of Norway's biggest tabloid newspaper VG located near the government's headquarters in Oslo, local media reported.
Explosion at tabloid newspaper VG near Norwegian PM's office | Herald Sun
Did they print cartoons?
Could be....I know that some Norwegian papers printed the Danish cartoons.

Forum List

Back